It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A true passion for video games knows no boundaries. Working side by side, Piko Interactive and GOG.COM have managed to bring some true classic gems to our modern computers. Today, we present to you 6 more titles you should definitely check out.

Is simple passion enough to achieve success in the video game world? Companies like Piko Interactive show us again and again how much one can achieve when passion leads a project, not large bankrolls. For example, Piko’s first project was actually a successful crowdfunding campaign designed to launch a selection of retro-style games on Super Nintendo cartridges in 2013.

It didn’t take long before Piko Interactive started showing interest in more PC classics, as well. By acquiring titles from late developers like Legend Entertainment and Infogrames, the company enriched its portfolio with games such as and [url=https://www.gog.com/game/eternam]Eternam.

Just before the holidays, GOG.COM got together with Piko Interactive to release six more classic titles, which are now available DRM-free on GOG.COM.

Hexplore
Hexplore is an action RPG title that was published in 1998 by Infogrames, which has already been mentioned in this article on more than one occasion.

The late 1990s were a time truly revolutionary for the RPG genre and Hexplore is one example of a title that helped define the genre during that time. This was the same timeframe that games like Diablo, Might and Magic VI, and Baldur’s Gate premiered and Hexplore combines elements from all of them. This includes non-stop action sequences and a gamer-friendly interface. Furthermore, Hexplore introduces some unique features of its own, like the ability to turn the camera a full 360 degrees and beautiful hand-drawn cut scenes.

In Hexplore, you play as McBride, a Scottish adventurer, who travels through a medieval Europe filled with magic and wonder. One day, near the village of Zarko, our hero is nearly killed by minions of an evil sorcerer named Garkham. With the help of three chosen adventurers (a magician, archer and a warrior), McBride sets out on a quest to stop the game’s main antagonist from taking hold of the legendary book titled Hexplore.

Epic + Inferno Bundle
Epic is a space fighter simulator that first released in 1992 and in many ways outclassed the competitors of its time. Not only did it introduce a compelling space opera-like story, but its 3D graphics were also truly amazing at the time. Those graphics helped gamers enjoy complete freedom when moving the spaceship around. All of these things combined to help make it one of the most anticipated titles of the early 1990s.

In the game, your mission as a starship pilot is to save humankind from extinction. The threat comes in the form of a powerful supernova. The only way to escape its destructive power is to evacuate the humans that are in danger through the hostile Rexxon Empire’s space territory. The game was so popular that it spawned a direct sequel in 1994, called Inferno, which further expands the story of the Epic starfighter pilot. Epic + Inferno Bundle available on GOG.COM includes both games.

Time Gate: Knight’s Chase
An adventure game released in 1996 by French studio Infogrames, Time Gate: Knight’s Chase was developed and written in part by Hubert Chardot. Chardot was the person behind some of the company’s most successful titles. Specifically, the Alone in the Dark franchise. As the title indicates, the game’s plot revolves around time travel and exploring a medieval world. It features not only puzzles but also an innovative swordplay system. In the beginning, the creators of the game planned for an entire Time Gate trilogy, but sadly the project was abandoned.

In the game, the protagonist, William, is an American student who spends a joyful time in Paris with his girlfriend, Juliette. Much to his surprise, one day he is attacked by someone who resembles a medieval knight. William survives but quickly discovers that Juliette has been kidnapped. The only way to get her back is to travel to the year 1329 and save her from the clutches of the Inquisition.

The Legacy: Realm of Terror
Released in 1992, The Legacy: Realm of Terror from Microprose still remains quite effective in terms of sending genuine shivers down a gamer’s spine. It accomplishes this mainly thanks to its attention to detail and, sometimes, lack of. For example, during most of the game, our hero is unable to see what hides behind the corner… Some gamers will love that feeling, while others will hate it - which is exactly what it is meant to do. Moreover, the game includes RPG elements, like character creation, which help make it unique among other survival horrors to this day.

The Legacy: Realm of Terror tells a story about a haunted mansion that you must enter as one of its inheritors. While exploring the building’s different rooms and floors, you uncover more and more pieces of its dark history. As time goes by, you’ll be tasked with fending off monstrous attackers from the other world, while at the same time keeping a close watch on your stamina stats.

DethKarz
Another game from 1998, this time tailored specially for fans of driving fast and dangerous cars. Dethkarz from Melbourne House takes the player to a world of the future and rocket car racing. The game allows players to sit behind the wheel of a sports car designed not only to win a race but also destroy any opponents that get in their way in the process. This is because, unlike traditional racing games, players can equip a variety of weapons to their car to help give them an edge.

The game resembles the classic title MegaRace, only it’s much faster and more dynamic. You can choose from four challenging tracks to race on - Metro City, The Pole, Grand Keys, and Red Planet, each with its own unique characteristics. The player can choose between four car brands and three vehicle classes, all designed to win no matter the cost.

All of the games mentioned above have unique stories and gameplay elements that deserve your attention. Whether you’re looking for a sense of adventure, an adrenaline rush, or you just like being scared when playing a game, there is at least one title here that meets those standards with these nostalgic video games from the 1990s.
high rated
Huff: Wonder where the dedicated forums are for the new games, they all seem to be missing
GameRager: Good point, but that makes me think of something: Does every new game need it's own subforum? We already have over 1,000 and many are ghost towns due to inactivity, and the more we add the more work it is for staff to monitor them.

I think any IP holder with less than 5 games or so(with games that aren't as popular or well known especially) should have one subforum and the store pages/site links can all link to that one subforum. That way we can cut down on the amount of subforums needed overall and make the work easier for site staff and admins.
The problem is, without a forum, any community fixes, improvements etc will get lost. Regardless of the dedicated forum being quiet, it's the best place for asking and resolving specific game issues that others can find at a later date.

Lumping together some games into one forum is bound to become unwieldy at some future stage
Post edited December 22, 2019 by Huff
low rated
Huff: The problem is, without a forum, any community fixes, improvements etc will get lost. Regardless of the dedicated forum being quiet, it's the best place for asking and resolving specific game issues that others can find at a later date.

Lumping together some games into one forum is bound to become unwieldy at some future stage
I mainly meant they should do it for smaller/less popular devs with a few games on the site only(the ones whose games get maybe a page full of threads in their subforums or less)......then as more of that dev's games are added or they get more popular then they could add dedicated individual forums for each game/series. :)

(Plus the forums still have somewhat functional title searches and people can pin threads at the top of each forum to save them when found, making it easier to maintain one's favorite/most important threads in each forum)
Post edited December 22, 2019 by GameRager
IronArcturus: Does the game work with an Xbox 360 controller?
Dunno about the 360 one, but my Xb1 controller works (kinda) - the game only recognizes the left stick and all the buttons, so you can't bind RT/LT to gas and brake.

Also I couldn't get JoyToKey to work with it.

Also I'm not sure if it's me or the game, but playing with a controller seems harder for some reason, the cars seem to respond to keyboard inputs much better.
Post edited December 22, 2019 by Rathori
Wow, I gues I'll be snagging Dethkarz, it was a pretty fun game from what I remember playing it 10+ years ago.
high rated
I've also run into some graphical issues with DethKarz:

1. Monitor connected via DisplayPort goes "Out of range" shortly after the start of the race.
Solution: Run nglide_config and set both "Screen resolution" and "Refresh rate" to "By desktop".

2. Track and cars disappear on a certain section of Red Planet when using Vulkan backend with nglide.
Solution: Don't use Vulkan. Run nglide_config and set "Video backend" to "DirectX".

Also the game crashes for me occasionally, but I don't know how (and if) it can be fixed.
Post edited December 22, 2019 by Rathori
IronArcturus: Does the game work with an Xbox 360 controller?
I dunno, If it doesn't work out of the box you could try a controller emulator like Glovepie or Vjoy.
low rated
Rathori: I've also run into some graphical issues with DethKarz:
You should send all that info to gog along with some info on the OS and hardware you are using(32 or 64 bit windows and which one it is, RAM, CPU, etc) via a support ticket via the support tab above. :)

(It can help them find solutions or maybe fix it for other users and yourself)
GameRager: (It can help them find solutions or maybe fix it for other users and yourself)
The solutions are already in my post :P
Uh, nice, totally missed those. I've played a few of them, some I haven't even heard about. A good haul. :)
GameRager: Good point, but that makes me think of something: Does every new game need it's own subforum? We already have over 1,000 and many are ghost towns due to inactivity
I hope they stay forever! It's true most of them have very little activity, but I love than on GOG I can find a subforum for each game to read discussions and ask questions. I have enjoyed (and I still do) several threads.At least GOG gave them more visibility when they added direct links to each subforum from the store pages.

GameRager: and the more we add the more work it is for staff to monitor them.
Let's be frank: they barely monitor General Discussions (for lack of time, more urgent tasks, whatever). I don't think they take a look at the game subforums unless a user contacts them about a specific issue.
Huff: Wonder where the dedicated forums are for the new games, they all seem to be missing
Yeah unfortunately I think the staff forgot to make them before the weekend. :p We all love GOG but c'mon GOG...
low rated
GameRager: (It can help them find solutions or maybe fix it for other users and yourself)
Rathori: The solutions are already in my post :P
I meant gog could perhaps implement such in their installers somehow(and also gog doesn't often read these thread so just posting them here might not get their attention). :)
======================================

ConsulCaesar: I hope they stay forever! It's true most of them have very little activity, but I love than on GOG I can find a subforum for each game to read discussions and ask questions. I have enjoyed (and I still do) several threads.At least GOG gave them more visibility when they added direct links to each subforum from the store pages.
Fair enough, but do we really need subforums for games that get maybe 3-4 threads every 6 months? A dev/ip holder specific subforum for less popular/talked about games would also work as well in such cases.

Also as I said it likely puts additional strain on their servers(overall, when added up) to maintain more and more subforums.

ConsulCaesar: Let's be frank: they barely monitor General Discussions (for lack of time, more urgent tasks, whatever). I don't think they take a look at the game subforums unless a user contacts them about a specific issue.
True enough, though I still don't think every game needs it's own subforum, though(a good number of them do, however).
high rated
The extra popping with sound effects in Legacy: Realm of Terror sure is annoying.

Funnily enough A post on VOGONS from 2010 suggests using sbtype=sb1 helps, but it doesn't for me. Only adlib does.
Has anyone tried DethKarz with an Xbox 360 controller yet?
high rated
Sub forums now up