It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wishbone: ...

That's all there is to say about it, really. Enjoy the pictures :-)
Wow, I think I remember this tavern from White orchard. The layout might be a bit different, but it's very very close to the game. Better lighting on the pics though, the torches make it way darker.

Thanks for sharing.
joppo: Thanks. I suppose the crystal drawing is the same in all the 5 cards, right?
It's the same on mine. I'll see if I can get a pic up tonight.

CARRiON-XCII: ... and never be afraid to call them out...
This is key. If they're doing something we don't like or that we find is a huge WTF, we need to let them know. Hopefully in the future they'll have better forums and a better mechanism to communicate with them.

huan: Wow, I think I remember this tavern from White orchard. The layout might be a bit different, but it's very very close to the game. Better lighting on the pics though, the torches make it way darker.

Thanks for sharing.
It was really cool when they had the lights turned down and it really gave the place a great atmosphere (you could almost imagine hearing the conversation, the beer pouring, the clink of mugs, and the rattle of swords), but unfortunately our phones couldn't take decent pictures that way.
CARRiON-XCII: ... and never be afraid to call them out...
GR00T: This is key. If they're doing something we don't like or that we find is a huge WTF, we need to let them know. Hopefully in the future they'll have better forums and a better mechanism to communicate with them.
This. So much this.
high rated
Hey all,

Whew, finally got a bit of a breather so I can properly respond to this thread :P

In any case, I was very glad to meet all of you guys, yes, that even includes the horrible human being who shall not be named. Apologies if we all didn't get to talk as much as we liked, but I am still glad we did get to meet face-to-face especially after almost a decade of knowing some of you :)
RWarehall:
joppo: You seem to forget that GOG disclosing the information of who was invited was actually useful for the purpose that the visitation was happening in the first place.

I'll use Adaliabooks as an example since he already disclosed he was invited and he also fits my example perfectly. Suppose I* was one of the visitors. My very first question would be if they invited a few specific users, including Adaliabooks. If they didn't bother to invite the guy who created AdaliaEssentials I would seriously question if they were actually interested in knowing what improvements are needed in the website. I needed to know they weren't just doing a PR stunt.

* Disclaimer: I wasn't invited, but I am opting out of keeping this ultra secret information to myself. I don't hold value enough to be one of the invitees and I know it, and I am okay with it.

On the other hand, it is just as useful for GOG to sensibly disclose this information. They WANTthe 6 visitors to be certain that they are seriously trying to get input from the most adequate members to tell them where they can do better. They have a good reason to disclose it, and the NDAs take care of any possible indiscretions.

Which brings us to specifics. You vaguely mentioned that the 6 basically outed a few invitees without naming names. I want you to point out where exactly it happened, because I read the whole effing thread and have seen nothing of the sort. I am pretty certain of a few names that haven't appeared in this thread, but not because they said anything. I just know whom I would call if I were in GOG's shoes. They would be nuts if they hadn't called [redacted], [redacted] or [redacted]. Just off the top of my head.

You also seem to be utterly convinced that now the 6 Warsaw-goers have access to a list of our email addresses, every single PM any of us ever sent and the list of games each of us has in their shelves. I won't waste my time pointing out the absurdity of GOG going out of their way to divulge that information to them without any direct or indirect benefit. Instead I recommend you just ask Fables22 what do they know regarding users' personal information.

And maybe then this forum could be a bit less of a cesspit of pointless anger, toxicity and baseless paranoia. At least in this one thread.
Thank you so much for this post! (Yes, I am kinda back but I won't discuss the matter any further)
joppo: Thanks. I suppose the crystal drawing is the same in all the 5 cards, right?

I can infer from what has been said in the thread that those two blurred writings in a small font below the username are your registration month+year and the tagline. It is not hard to read "Red herring". This card is pretty cool. As certainly was the whole trip. Congratulations to all Magnificent6.

#bitofenvy :)
Same for me: Text and christal identical tagline and registry date different.

Yes, I completely agree - this card alone was worth the trip. It stands on my table and it is the first thing I watch when I am coming back from work. The backside is even nicer but I guess it would be problematic to show it since there are real signatures - meaning real names - among those.
Post edited October 17, 2017 by MarkoH01
JudasIscariot: Hey all,

Whew, finally got a bit of a breather so I can properly respond to this thread :P

In any case, I was very glad to meet all of you guys, yes, that even includes the horrible human being who shall not be named. Apologies if we all didn't get to talk as much as we liked, but I am still glad we did get to meet face-to-face especially after almost a decade of knowing some of you :)
You too, Judas. After all these years, it was great to finally fit a face and a voice to the name and the avatar :-)
JudasIscariot: Hey all,

Wishbone: You too, Judas. After all these years, it was great to finally fit a face and a voice to the name and the avatar :-)
Who guessed it would actually be Slenderman?
I read the entire thread (took me a few days) :) this is so cool. thanks for sharing the tale and the pics everyone and it makes me believe gog is really trying to listen to it's community, which is good to know. very interesting thread.

But now for the most important question, that hasn't been mentioned yet: Was forum mafia mentioned? Will the new forum software be tailored to support mafia specific needs? :D (ISOs, Votecounts, etc)
MarkoH01: Thank you so much for this post! (Yes, I am kinda back but I won't discuss the matter any further)
Well thank you and the others for representing the community and doing what you could to make GOG a better place for all of us. As long as they consider the suggestions given and work in repairing their poor communication with us I'm optimistic this encounter will result in changes for the better.

I feel like I was kinda harsh to RWarehall who is a user I never had any sort of problem with, but come on, let's cut GOG some slack at least in the thread where it was shown they are trying to make up for their past errors, right?

MarkoH01: Same for me: Text and christal identical tagline and registry date different.

Yes, I completely agree - this card alone was worth the trip. It stands on my table and it is the first thing I watch when I am coming back from work. The backside is even nicer but I guess it would be problematic to show it since there are real signatures - meaning real names - among those.
When I wrote that post I decided it was kinda silly to ask for a front-only pic because I felt it was kinda obvious showing the back would probably be a bad idea. But I thought the back was just... I don't know, a blank space where the GOGployees signed. From your description it is even nicer than the front. Way too cool.

Gotta admit, I am envious. I'd better start working towards being on the next batch of visitors whenever it may be...*

* Dammit, I'll have to be a useful forumite by then. This will be harder than I thought

Wishbone: 6 cards, and I believe so, but the text underneath is different for each of us.
Sorry, my first draft said "all the other 5 cards". I shuld lern 2 proofereed my psots
Post edited October 18, 2017 by joppo
JudasIscariot: In any case, I was very glad to meet all of you guys, yes, that even includes the horrible human being who shall not be named.
Wut?
Post edited October 18, 2017 by Klumpen0815
JudasIscariot: In any case, I was very glad to meet all of you guys, yes, that even includes the horrible human being who shall not be named.
Klumpen0815: Wut?
Read JMich's forum title, it's kind of an in joke from the mafia games (I think anyway, it may have started somewhere else)
Wishbone: You too, Judas. After all these years, it was great to finally fit a face and a voice to the name and the avatar :-)
GR00T: Who guessed it would actually be Slenderman?
Really? I always thought he was a carrot.
This thread is one of the most awesome ones ever. So much detailed info, ideas, no ass kissing imho.
Total finesse from GOG fellows and users alike.

JudasIscariot: the horrible human being who shall not be named.
o_O
victorchopin: This thread is one of the most awesome ones ever. So much detailed info, ideas, no ass kissing imho.

JudasIscariot: the horrible human being who shall not be named.
victorchopin: o_O
Read JMich's forum title and you will see what I mean :P
victorchopin: This thread is one of the most awesome ones ever. So much detailed info, ideas, no ass kissing imho.

o_O
JudasIscariot: Read JMich's forum title and you will see what I mean :P
Still don't know who Ans Wering is/was ;(