It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

fables22: Guess we'll see about this one. From our point of view, this was a very interesting venture and given the feedback so far, it seems to have been a good success too. So perhaps we will entertain the option of doing it again in the future.
It certainly was a good counter measure against GOG being perceived as yet another impersonal faceless corporation which it looked like to most users by now for quite some time from what I gathered.

Two weeks are just not nearly enough time to prepare for the people from further away than Poland or neighboring countries, I guess.
fables22: Guess we'll see about this one. From our point of view, this was a very interesting venture and given the feedback so far, it seems to have been a good success too. So perhaps we will entertain the option of doing it again in the future.
Klumpen0815: It certainly was a good counter measure against GOG being perceived as yet another impersonal faceless corporation which it looked like to most users by now for quite some time from what I gathered.

Two weeks are just not nearly enough time to prepare for the people from further away than Poland or neighboring countries, I guess.
Yeah, it sounds like most of the Americans who were invited and couldn't come were down to passport issues (not sure how quickly you can get one in America but at least a month would be required here) and while I'm still not sure I could have or would have gone given more notice I would definitely have been more likely to be able.
fables22: The standard installers, AFAIK, will stay.
Now if we could just go back to the ones that let you use an existing installation of DOSBox, rather than giving you a new copy for every single game...

(Do I really need 249 copies of DOSBox? If I'm not mistaken, that's at least how many DOSBox games I've got... and yes, I have considered having all of them installed at the same time.)
Post edited October 10, 2017 by plagren
ussnorway: please tell me you all walked into a bar?
What is this, some kind of joke? ;)
skeletonbow: I'm not sure how it is in other parts of the world but in Canada and the US many people do not have nor really need passports unless they travel abroad.
It is pretty much the same here, except instead of ID we have so called national passport. But to travel abroad we need an international passport (with a very few exceptions).
high rated
Can we notminate members?

* JudasIscariot - Seems like a helpful little fellow. It's time GOG rewarded him for the hard work he does on these forums by letting him visit their offices.

* Tauto - He's a respected member of society and a pillar of this community.
immi101: not sure why you would think that you pay for other peoples discount ?
Easy.

Without RP
Poor country customer cannot afford game X for 10 currency so he won't buy.
Rich country (just to make it easy) cutomer buys game X for 10 currency.
Units sold: 1

With RP:
Poor country customer can afford the game X because of discount for 7 currency and buys.
Rich country customer has now a higher price and pays in addition to the base price the discount price for poor country customer 3 + 10 = 13.
Units sold 2

So in the end the discount for the poor is payed by the customers from the rich. Of course in reality this thing is not that easy but basically the principle of RP is let tjose who can afford more pay more so those who don't have enough can also buy without us losing any money per unit.

immi101: And currency exchange rates don't make up for the different income levels.
Maybe not completely but they make up for a bit of it.

adaliabooks: Now I'm imagining you conga'd into the bar... :D
GR00T: And we looked fabulous!
And now I am sad that we did not actually do that :(
Post edited October 10, 2017 by MarkoH01
ZFR: Can we notminate members?
I would think it would probably be at least another year or so until they do this again.
ussnorway: please tell me you all walked into a bar?
paladin181: What is this, some kind of joke? ;)
Was that what the bartender said?
Post edited October 11, 2017 by Maighstir
paladin181: What is this, some kind of joke? ;)
Maighstir: Was that what the bartender said?
I don't know what he said, it was in Polish ;-)
Maighstir: Was that what the bartender said?
Wishbone: I don't know what he said, it was in Polish ;-)
So it's not like in the movies, where everyone speaks English regardless of nationality?
Maighstir: So it's not like in the movies, where everyone speaks English regardless of nationality?
...or planet of origin.
Maighstir: So it's not like in the movies, where everyone speaks English regardless of nationality?
At GOG, yes. In Warsaw in general, no. For instance, one thing I learned is that apparently none of the taxi drivers in Warsaw speak English. At all.
high rated
ZFR: Can we notminate members?

* JudasIscariot - Seems like a helpful little fellow. It's time GOG rewarded him for the hard work he does on these forums by letting him visit their offices.

* Tauto - He's a respected member of society and a pillar of this community.
HEHE. Good one!
GR00T: If I changed my forum name, would you invite me again? :P
Hmmmmmmmm... Tricksy! Depends on how much of a contribution to the forum the new GR00T would be :)
Klumpen0815: It certainly was a good counter measure against GOG being perceived as yet another impersonal faceless corporation which it looked like to most users by now for quite some time from what I gathered.

It was a little more than two weeks, but I agree. If there's a next time, it'll definitely be kicked off a lot more in advance to make sure there's more time to arrange for everything.
Post edited October 11, 2017 by fables22
Wishbone: At GOG, yes. In Warsaw in general, no. For instance, one thing I learned is that apparently none of the taxi drivers in Warsaw speak English. At all.
It was really a joke from that in American-produced movies, it seems people with the same non-English primary language at most has the initial greeting in their native tongue, and then speak English with each other for the rest of the movie.