It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Wow, cool that you had a tour and all, hope you all had a blast.
Cheers for the info.
low rated
lazydog: other than the points I previously raised and that they are by no means complicated
JMich: So again, what clarification would you want us to give, without us breaking our NDAs?
The naivete is what we got from them telling us their side of the galaxy installers announcement. 6 of us were watching them tell the story, and the body and voice queues made me think that they were sincere in what they were saying. So naivete is the word I chose to describe what they did.
Regional pricing is a complicated issue. Can't mention numbers (we did get them), can't mention names (we did get those as well), can't mention business strategies (we also got some of those), but it all boils down to a complicated mess.

And again not sure what you mean with NDAs. Do you not believe we signed them? Do you think that NDA is a blanket excuse for us not to talk about stuff? Or something else entirely?

P.S. We may be able to get fables or elcook to chime in the thread, but they are currently out of office. But feel free to ask us for any clarifications.

Edit: It is late here. I won't be online anymore today, so if there is something you'd like me to answer, it will have to wait a few hours. I'm not sure if Gr00t will be online, but I will happily answer any of your concerns you have when I wake up tomorrow.
Perhaps you misunderstand me.

I am fully aware of what an NDA entails. I do not under any circumstances wish for you or any one else to break it.

My point is this: GOG have self appointed a select few to tell us nothing.

You obviously believe you are doing this community a service by dismissing the points the entire community has raised. Now you have taken the questions to GOG at their beckoning; and as a result, you are told you cannot speak in certain areas, the areas they wish to speak of were unguided and that other ares are too complicated for any involvement.

An NDA is one thing.

Naivity is another, this can be quickly resolved: Where is the resolution? Is their a resolution or is this NDA territory?

Complications: Let GOG come here and say first hand that they wish to drop a core principle because it is too complicated.

Please let GOG come in here and do the explaining, because I am just not going to buy the (semi) truth from a bunch of hand picked forum members on behalf of GOGs latest public relations fiasco.
high rated
Did someone cut my heroin with drain cleaner, or do lazydog's posts make absolutely no freaking sense?
please don't consider me as actively participating in this, I just wanna say one thing.

I don't think the point of the meeting was messaging. I think the point of the meeting was to meet and get to know the opinions and thoughts of people gog consider part of their audience they need to try to better understand. a post getting made was something that they probably anticipated, and were ok with, but was not something that was originally plotted. just that they knew it would probably happen and they were ok with it. the NDA is because it seems to me they were pretty damn forthcoming with these guys. the level to which they were is almost unheard of. that was pretty surprising to me. now granted, gog's community is not exactly like your average community but even so, it's definitely NDA stuff. but besides that, NDAs are just par for the course any time one of these companies meets with elements of the public.

Breja: Did someone cut my heroin with drain cleaner, or do lazydog's posts make absolutely no freaking sense?
homie just jelly he wasn't picked for the posse. (i'm not serious)
Post edited October 07, 2017 by johnnygoging
lazydog: By your words, if any post from GOG can and is expected to be viewed with distrust, then frankly the war is lost.
Year 2017 AD: lazydog has declared war on GOG
Post edited October 07, 2017 by WinterSnowfall
high rated
Aaaaand this is the Scandinavian, finally checking in. I think that's all of us?

Just my luck that this went up today. I've been at home all week with a horrible cold. Today was my first day back at work, so I've been frightfully busy, and I had a social arrangement after work. I just got home to see this thread. I don't have the time or the energy to go through it all right now (it's past midnight here), but I'll read it all tomorrow morning and comment here and there, as well as give my personal viewpoints on a few things. Right now, I'm just too damn tired.
high rated
lazydog: Perhaps you misunderstand me.

I am fully aware of what an NDA entails. I do not under any circumstances wish for you or any one else to break it.

You obviously believe you are doing this community a service by dismissing the points the entire community has raised. Now you have taken the questions to GOG at their beckoning; and as a result, you are told you cannot speak in certain areas, the areas they wish to speak of were unguided and that other ares are too complicated for any involvement.

An NDA is one thing.

Naivity is another, this can be quickly resolved: Where is the resolution? Is their a resolution or is this NDA territory?

Complications: Let GOG come here and say first hand that they wish to drop a core principle because it is too complicated.

Please let GOG come in here and do the explaining, because I am just not going to buy the (semi) truth from a bunch of hand picked forum members on behalf of GOGs latest public relations fiasco.
What in the world are you on about?! Perhaps you misunderstand exactly what's happened here:
GOG hasn't appointed some sort of "spokespeople" to do their work for them. What they did is decide to generate ideas and information by picking the brains of some of the people of the forum who've been here the longest, know the most, criticized the most intelligently, etc., etc. To accomplish this, they sent out invites and flew them to the HQ to get feedback directly. They did not somehow say "Now, go out, and tell the world of our generous deeds!" The forum members THEMSELVES decided to make this thread and share their experiences because they're nice people who do that sort of thing (take into account the fact that a lot of the people who were invited said nothing about it until now - some of those invited STILL haven't said anything about it even though they didn't make it).
Now, I get what you're saying. You're suspecting that these are some sort of plants or sleeper agents or something because they've come forward and given us this information while GOG's said and done absolutely nothing. Ok, sure, you have every right to be suspicious in that regard. But consider that:
1. GOG didn't somehow compel them to open this thread and share their experiences, they did it themselves. In fact, from the sound of it, there's very little they're even allowed to say and GOG was just trying to get feedback (you could ask why they needed to directly invite people to listen to this feedback, but that's beside the point we're discussing currently).
2. GOG already dropped regional pricing ages ago. That's a bit moot by now.
3. GOG not saying anything is GOG's fault, not theirs.
They deserve no blame - they're merely trying to give us info where we otherwise wouldn't get any. If you want to get accusatory and/or suspicious of people, blame GOG's lack of communication, not the community members who are going out of their way to inform us and could have very easily just said nothing about the whole thing. Is this what you'd rather have? No information whatsoever and continually banging on GOG's door begging for them to finally say something to us (y'know, much like we've been doing for the last 5 years or so)?
zeogold: snipin's a good job mate
actually it occurred to me. they wanted to sound some stuff off on them. they wanted to get out ahead of it see? it's pretty smart. that for sure would have necessitated the NDA even before all the other stuff.
high rated
zeogold: Now, I get what you're saying.
You do? You really are the Puzzlemaster.
zeogold: Now, I get what you're saying.
Breja: You do? You really are the Puzzlemaster.
We need to get him one of these.
Attachments:
puzzle.jpg (75 Kb)
low rated
lazydog: Perhaps you misunderstand me.

An NDA is one thing.

zeogold: What in the world are you on about?! Perhaps you misunderstand exactly what's happened here:
GOG hasn't appointed some sort of "spokespeople" to do their work for them. What they did is decide to generate ideas and information by picking the brains of some of the people of the forum who've been here the longest, know the most, criticized the most intelligently, etc., etc. To accomplish this, they sent out invites and flew them to the HQ to get feedback directly. They did not somehow say "Now, go out, and tell the world of our generous deeds!" The forum members THEMSELVES decided to make this thread and share their experiences because they're nice people who do that sort of thing (take into account the fact that a lot of the people who were invited said nothing about it until now - some of those invited STILL haven't said anything about it even though they didn't make it).
Now, I get what you're saying. You're suspecting that these are some sort of plants or sleeper agents or something because they've come forward and given us this information while GOG's said and done absolutely nothing. Ok, sure, you have every right to be suspicious in that regard. But consider that:
1. GOG didn't somehow compel them to open this thread and share their experiences, they did it themselves. In fact, from the sound of it, there's very little they're even allowed to say and GOG was just trying to get feedback (you could ask why they needed to directly invite people to listen to this feedback, but that's beside the point we're discussing currently).
2. GOG already dropped regional pricing ages ago. That's a bit moot by now.
3. GOG not saying anything is GOG's fault, not theirs.
They deserve no blame - they're merely trying to give us info where we otherwise wouldn't get any. If you want to get accusatory and/or suspicious of people, blame GOG's lack of communication, not the community members who are going out of their way to inform us and could have very easily just said nothing about the whole thing. Is this what you'd rather have? No information whatsoever and continually banging on GOG's door begging for them to finally say something to us (y'know, much like we've been doing for the last 5 years or so)?
A good few of the people who were there are offline. I hope you will not be offended if I say I am more interested in waiting to hear what they say than replying to you.
did we ever figure out what NDA was?
lazydog: A good few of the people who were there are offline. I hope you will not be offended if I say I am more interested in waiting to hear what they say than replying to you.
Didn't you just say that you didn't want to hear from them and wanted to hear from GOG instead (which, somehow, I doubt is going to happen)?
I mean, sure, knock yourself out, looking for firsthand info is always a good thing, but I'm not really sure what you expect them to say other than basically what I just said.
high rated
JMich: 6 community members went to GOG HQ
When will they release them?
tinyE: We need to get him one of these.
What, a horadric cube?