It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

tfishell: It kinda sucks not knowing what highly-desired classics would be appearing soon. :P
JMich: Rest easy, we didn't get any such info. I think.
Still sucks you couldn't make it though.
Ah, well that kinda sucks too LOL

Yeah naturally I wish I coulda made it. I probably would have been able to go if I had been told at least 2 months in advance. (a little short notice) Next August I'll probably be back at school, but even though since it's a short event I could probably take some time off. (And I'd just be at school for the information/training, I wouldn't really worry about the grades/getting a second degree.)

Oh well, hopefully this isn't the last time this type of event happens.

Question: did GOG say anything about whether or not the current majority of problems in getting old games here are technical or legal? My assumption is legal, but with late '90s/early 2000s titles, it can be hard to tell.
MarkoH01: Simply Marko is enough ;) But glad you liked them. We are all no photographers and I think everybody would have love to have an HD camera ... unfortunately at least for me all I had on me was a smartphone which I borrowed from work :D

I still have a few pics but there are GOG people on it as well and I doubt we should post them - sorry.
Moonbeam: Sorry, finger problems:) Don't think you would have been allowed to take HD camera's in.
Unless they didn't know about them.
EDIT nope the post is above this one. d'oh I thought it was eaten but I guess not
Post edited October 06, 2017 by tfishell
PaterAlf: Yeah, the beer tower wasn't enough. Must have been magical beer though, my english got much more fluid after I drank some glasses.
HereForTheBeer: * Looks at photo you attached. https://www.gog.com/upload/forum/2017/10/fff47afbcf433e535a942070ee755bcde27ee992.jpg

* Looks at user name

* wonders, "What, no invite?!?"

Sheesh. ; )
Normally this was supposed to be a vodka tower. They just changed it in honor of you. :)
_ChaosFox_: There's a reason that all of those invited (at least those known) have reps in excess of 2500. I guess GOG was looking for people who were capable of debating rationally and providing objective and calculated criticism.
Yeah, that's why a rep system isn't useless.. if "secured" properly.
JMich: Not everyone who was invited could make it, but 6 of us did go.
Pics or it didn't happen.

Send noods
_ChaosFox_: There's a reason that all of those invited (at least those known) have reps in excess of 2500. I guess GOG was looking for people who were capable of debating rationally and providing objective and calculated criticism.
phaolo: Yeah, that's why a rep system isn't useless.. if "secured" properly.
I am curious. How could you make such a system secure?
JMich: Not everyone who was invited could make it, but 6 of us did go.
yogsloth: Pics or it didn't happen.

Send noods
Pics of what or whom?
Post edited October 06, 2017 by MarkoH01
Did you guys see the secret classics release schedule ? :p
tfishell: Question: did GOG say anything about whether or not the current majority of problems in getting old games here are technical or legal? My assumption is legal, but with late '90s/early 2000s titles, it can be hard to tell.
Depends on the game, but I think in most cases it's a matter of legalities (figuring out who owns rights, tracking them down, and getting them onboard). Anything they actually have technical issues with, I know from talking to some of the tech sorcerers that they work their asses off getting them to run. I don't know if there are any games that are sitting in the queue waiting for technical issues to be resolved.
yogsloth: Send noods
In my case, that's something you definitely do not want to see.
Painted_Doll: Did you guys see the secret classics release schedule ? :p
Oh, the things we saw... :P
Post edited October 06, 2017 by GR00T
GR00T: Oh, the things we saw... :P
Like that
WAR
SAW
shirt?
MarkoH01: I am curious. How could you make such a system secure?
Various things have already been suggested Nth times, I don't want to enter in details again. :P
Btw, the first major problem was the alts creation (and they're probably still a lot ).
Post edited October 06, 2017 by phaolo
MarkoH01: I am curious. How could you make such a system secure?
phaolo: Various things have already been suggested Nth times, I don't want to enter in details again. :P
Btw, the first major problem was the alts creation (which they're probably still a lot ).
If you should find a thread were this has been discussed I would be interested to read it myself. Like I said, I am curious and I guess that making such a system secure (without disadvantages) would be harder that it seems as first.
GR00T: Depends on the game, but I think in most cases it's a matter of legalities (figuring out who owns rights, tracking them down, and getting them onboard). Anything they actually have technical issues with, I know from talking to some of the tech sorcerers that they work their asses off getting them to run. I don't know if there are any games that are sitting in the queue waiting for technical issues to be resolved.
Okay, thanks for the info. That seemed the most likely thing. I do still wonder what the holdup on a lot of EA Maxis DOS titles is though, since many of those seem like they should be a surefire thing. Maybe it's just a matter of, once again, getting time with a big publisher's legal team.

I suppose the current need for a reverse engineering guy is slowing things down. I wish they could make use of dgVoodoo already though.
JMich: A few weeks ago....
Great post. Glad you saw them and where able to get some updates in person. Any word on if they are working on some of their currently released games for Windows 10? As Blood 2 still refuses to run for me on it, despite trying all the patches. (And thats not the only game on GOG that doesn't run under it.)
Pond86: Any word on if they are working on some of their currently released games for Windows 10?
I think that is part of why they are looking for a Reverse Engineer, though I don't recall any particular discussion about that. They do revisit the games to fix bugs and check compatibilities, but not an easy task after all.