It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

GR00T: They paid for everything.
Cool, thanks for disclosing that. I won't hold it against them. ;)
Leroux: Also, since noone else seems to dare asking the horribly indiscrete, off-topic tabloid questions: Did you have to pay travel costs and lodging out of your own pocket or was (at least part of that) included in the invitation? Sorry, my curiosity got the better of me. XD
Couldn't this considered to be a business plan and therefore a thing that should not be disclosed due to NDA? I am so getting paranoid because of this legal stuff ;)
Leroux: Also, since noone else seems to dare asking the horribly indiscrete, off-topic tabloid questions: Did you have to pay travel costs and lodging out of your own pocket or was (at least part of that) included in the invitation? Sorry, my curiosity got the better of me. XD
I did wonder if they had only invited Europeans considering that side of it, nice to know they were willing to shell out for travel for fans from further away though.
MarkoH01: Thank you. I was afraid that people might not see us as part of the community anymore (which we still are) after this post but instead as puppets of GOG (which we are not).
Was this the kind of reaction that you were expecting?

MarkoH01: Good idea. I will do this at o...oops - I will contact Judas about this ;)
PaterAlf: Not a good idea for the moment in my eyes. Sticky threads tend to be invisible. People just don't look at the "sticky" section of a forum.
Ah, good point. I guess once the thread slows down a bit we can make it a sticky.
phaolo: What a cool move by Gog.
I hope that they'll listen to some advices from the community.. and that you guys suggested well! >:D
We tried to do our best. Of course when getting back home I was thinking "oh, I should have asked this or I should have asked that" but I really hope we could cover at least the most important things and that we could also make GOG aware of things they might not have noticed yet. After all we jsut were there for 1.5 days.
Post edited October 06, 2017 by MarkoH01
MarkoH01: Couldn't this considered to be a business plan and therefore a thing that should not be disclosed due to NDA? I am so getting paranoid because of this legal stuff ;)
You should be fine, I didn't sign anything and knew that from the initial email so I can't see how they would hold it against you...
MarkoH01: Couldn't this considered to be a business plan and therefore a thing that should not be disclosed due to NDA? I am so getting paranoid because of this legal stuff ;)
adaliabooks: You should be fine, I didn't sign anything and knew that from the initial email so I can't see how they would hold it against you...
Thank you adaliabooks. Would have been really nice to see you there as well.
Leucius: I don't know why, but I'm a little salty that you guys got invited and I didn't. Not that I could have afforded to go anyway, but the gesture would have been nice.
tfishell: I don't necessarily blame you, though it'd be hard for GOG to invite all 100+ "regular" forum members. I'm guessing (though maybe I shouldn't) those who were chosen made a "name" for themselves on the forums, in a passionate way, especially if they had been here close to the beginning.
Without being jerks about it. So far, those who have piped up about being at the meeting or having been invited, all are people for whom I hold respect for their contributions, and who state their positions in a clear manner.

In other words, so far I'm not asking "Why in the world did they invite THAT person?!?" : ) Though there are a couple people here that I'm hoping DID get invites, though they aren't as active or vocal.
adaliabooks: You should be fine, I didn't sign anything and knew that from the initial email so I can't see how they would hold it against you...
MarkoH01: Thank you adaliabooks. Would have been really nice to see you there as well.
I would have liked to go, but just couldn't make it with work commitments at the time. Plus I'm not really great with social situations and while I would have loved to go I know I would have been very anxious if I had...
Nah, but if it comes down to it, I'll say I asked and you said it was OK. :P
@The Mighty 6

The simplest question I can imagine. Is there anything specific you think GOG will or think they'll do different after talking to you guys?
HereForTheBeer: Without being jerks about it. So far, those who have piped up about being at the meeting or having been invited, all are people for whom I hold respect for their contributions, and who state their positions in a clear manner.

In other words, so far I'm not asking "Why in the world did they invite THAT person?!?" : ) Though there are a couple people here that I'm hoping DID get invites, though they aren't as active or vocal.
That was certainly how it was sold to me, they were inviting people who went the extra mile to help other community members with advice and information etc.

I'm sure there will be a few people who feel they might have qualified and weren't invited or whose contributions have gone unnoticed and were missed but of the people who do seem to have been invited I certainly can't fault GOG's choice either.
high rated
MarkoH01: . Of course when getting back home I was thinking "oh, I should have asked this or I should have asked that"
I don't know how many times I did that, starting on the flight home and then for days afterward. I blame it on jet lag... nothing to do with age, nope.

adaliabooks: Plus I'm not really great with social situations and while I would have loved to go I know I would have been very anxious if I had...
I'm the same way, but I have to say the GOG people were fantastic hosts and the other forum members I met were just great people. You'd have been fine (and we'd have plied you with beer to loosen you up anyway... :P)
GR00T: I'm the same way, but I have to say the GOG people were fantastic hosts and the other forum members I met were just great people. You'd have been fine (and we'd have plied you with beer to loosen you up anyway... :P)
Cider maybe, I don't drink beer...

Yeah, I'm sure I would be fine, it's just the thought of it really..

Glad everyone who got to go had a good time :)
Pheace: @The Mighty 6

The simplest question I can imagine. Is there anything specific you think GOG will or think they'll do different after talking to you guys?
I really think they'll improve the communication with the forum community, for one thing.

*edit* An amusing side note: before replying to this, I was scrolling back through the thread looking for a forum user named 'The Mighty 6'. Got back about 3 pages before I realized to whom you were referring.
Post edited October 06, 2017 by GR00T