It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

wtf ?????

i just want to download some game from my library and whichever i try, page only change to white one "403 forbiden"..

several days again :-(((

someone the same problem?
you've been banned lol j/k

try again
I have not been able to use a browser to download for quite a while. I get the same error. I can only use the GOG downloader.
Post edited February 18, 2015 by book99
Yeah, the 403 has to do with your ISP. You're going to have to start using the Downloader or the Galaxy Client (stick with the Downloader, for the time being). I'm in the same boat as you and book99. It's not so bad. My internet connection kicks out a lot so the downloader gets me over that.

But be careful, the Downloader is very simplistic, because they've been working on Galaxy for so long that it fell behind. Every time GOG misnames a bonus feature "product_bonus_XXXXX" (all the time these days), you can't hover over it to see its file name. You have to download it, and cancelling a download in the downloader deletes every download you haven't moved out of the folder. Be careful about that.

It's a big middle finger to people forced to use the Downloader, but those misnamed files are a big middle finger to everyone.
Post edited February 18, 2015 by Blackdrazon
Blackdrazon: Yeah, the 403 has to do with your ISP. You're going to have to start using the Downloader or the Galaxy Client (stick with the Downloader, for the time being). I'm in the same boat as you and book99. It's not so bad. My internet connection kicks out a lot so the downloader gets me over that.

But be careful, the Downloader is very simplistic, because they've been working on Galaxy for so long that it fell behind. Every time GOG misnames a bonus feature "product_bonus_XXXXX" (all the time these days), you can't hover over it to see its file name. You have to download it, and cancelling a download in the downloader deletes every download you haven't moved out of the folder. Be careful about that.

It's a big middle finger to people forced to use the Downloader, but those misnamed files are a big middle finger to everyone.
so, is it some way to force users to download a (useless) downloader?

i had no problem to download without it half year ago so i consider the problem artifically made, and as unfair practice in case i bought some goods here

GRRR!!!
I don`t use the gog downloader and tested the download just a few seconds ago, no problemo!
So it seems as if there is something wrong with your computer, internet connection or browser. Maybe you should clear the browser cash. uhm I mean cache.
flanner: so, is it some way to force users to download a (useless) downloader?

i had no problem to download without it half year ago so i consider the problem artifically made, and as unfair practice in case i bought some goods here

GRRR!!!
I don't think so, even if the Downloader does have its own problems. I had this problem going back well beyond half a year ago. The issue is with your ISP / our ISPs, not GOG.

THink about it this way: I don't think GOG could ever want users to use the Downloader. It's an archaic relic from GOG's earliest years and they must know it. The fact that it does work in our situation is just sort of an accident that happens when you smash a zillion technologies together and call it an internet.

GOG should fix our problem, but they're not likely to want to force us to use the Downloader than Microsoft is to force us to use Windows XP.
Post edited February 23, 2015 by Blackdrazon
The links GOG gives you in your account page contain a session ID that is IP specific. If for some reason the CDN sees a different IP than the one GOG sees, it returns a 403. Most likely reason is a proxy, though other cases exist.
Blackdrazon: Yeah, the 403 has to do with your ISP. You're going to have to start using the Downloader or the Galaxy Client (stick with the Downloader, for the time being). I'm in the same boat as you and book99. It's not so bad. My internet connection kicks out a lot so the downloader gets me over that.

GRRR!!!
No, GOG isn't trying to force anyone to use a downloader, note that the post your commenting on is just a random suggestion by another GOG user and not an official response from GOG.

If you're having a legitimate problem downloading, contact GOG technical support and they will help get it resolved ASAP. Sometimes technical problems can arise with the website, or software and people will experience an issue until GOG is made aware of it and their engineers have time to sort it out. In the mean time there might be one or more options that can be used as a workaround until the issue is sorted out, but I would not jump to any conspiracy theory conclusions that someone is forcing something upon anyone as that is not the case. :)

For the record, I am able to download no problem with or without the downloader program and I am guessing many others are as well. It's possible that some of the servers in their load balancer or whatever are having problems, perhaps within a region or some other division of server labour, and they'll get resolved during Polish business hours when admins are back to work (or whoever is responsible).

- Report the problem to GOG support.
- Be patient
- They work standard business hours Monday to Friday, so wait until they're actually at work and have had time to investigate the issue and resolve it.

GOG is great at resolving customer problems and has an excellent track record, we just need to inform them of when we have problems, then wait a reasonable amount of time to let them fix it and they always do come through.

Hope this helps.
its quite long time i havent been here.. despite of it - situation is still the same. im not unable to download anything from my library.

am i really only one with this "403 forbiden" problem? :-\

not just inspiring to buy something else
Post edited August 04, 2015 by flanner
flanner: its quite long time i havent been here.. despite of it - situation is still the same. im not unable to download anything from my library.

am i really only one with this "403 forbiden" problem? :-\

not just inspiring to buy something else
Did you ever write to our Support department about this issue?
Doesn't GoG have a Telepathy & Precognition Section yet?

now i'm disappointed..

Anyway, no problems on my side at all.