It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Get ready to play new exciting titles that will join our ranks shortly. The urban survival RPG Highrisers, an illustrated text-based RPG Roadwarden, and Lacuna – A Sci-Fi Noir Adventure are coming soon to GOG.COM!

Share our love for games? Subscribe to our newsletter for news, releases, and exclusive discounts. Visit the “Privacy & settings” section of your GOG account to join now!
Lacuna looks promising, wishlisted! Great week for adventure gamers.
low rated
Can we get metal gear rising revengence
Roadwarden run on Linux with the itch.io demo build...why Linux is not listed here?
It's a Renpy game...everything Renpy run on Linux.
Wishlisted for now ^^
Both Roadwarden and Lacuna look interesting, so onto the wishlist they go. I recently trimmed my wishlist right down but it's starting to expand again at an alarming rate!
GOG.com: 3 games from Assemble Entertainment soon on GOG.COM
Two out of the three look interesting. Wishlisted.
So poinint and clicking is a part of "the baggage of many adventure game tropes" you got rid of? Wow, thank your for getting rid of the baggage of convenient controls, guys. I see you also got rid of the baggage of nice graphics. Allow me to also rid you of the baggage of my money :D
Post edited April 22, 2021 by Breja
low rated
Breja: So poinint and clicking is a part of "the baggage of many adventure game tropes" you got rid of? Wow, thank your for getting rid of the baggage of convenient controls, guys. I see you also got rid of the baggage of nice graphics. Allow me to also rid you of the baggage of my money :D
Everything they listed is a good thing. You like fumbling with an inventory of random items, having to attempt combining all of them together, or using on every single game object you run into regardless of logic? You like repeating conversations? You like pixel hunting?

There are plenty games available that have those time sinks you like.
Breja: So poinint and clicking is a part of "the baggage of many adventure game tropes" you got rid of? Wow, thank your for getting rid of the baggage of convenient controls, guys. I see you also got rid of the baggage of nice graphics. Allow me to also rid you of the baggage of my money :D
Swissy88: Everything they listed is a good thing. You like fumbling with an inventory of random items, having to attempt combining all of them together, or using on every single game object you run into regardless of logic? You like repeating conversations? You like pixel hunting?

There are plenty games available that have those time sinks you like.
I specifically mentioned the point & click interface, not any of the other things you mentioned. And I do like the point & click way of playing adventure games quite a lot. Much more sensible for an adventure game than WSAD. And calling the classic, convenient interface "baggage" is just plain obnoxious. This is basically introducing a square wheel and marketing it as an improvement.

Also yes, I do like inventory object puzzles. They don't have to be random and illogical. In good games, they aren't. If the devs don't know this, obviously they're not very good with adventure games.
Post edited April 22, 2021 by Breja
GOG.com: Get ready to play new exciting titles that will join our ranks shortly. The urban survival RPG Highrisers, an illustrated text-based RPG Roadwarden, and Lacuna – A Sci-Fi Noir Adventure are coming soon to GOG.COM!
Nice additions!

Will we also get the Lacuna: Prologue?
https://store.steampowered.com/app/1588570/Lacuna_Prologue
EDIT: https://www.gog.com/game/lacuna_prologue <3

Lacuna – A Sci-Fi Noir Adventure
Planned release date: 20 May 2021 ✓

Highrisers
̶P̶l̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶t̶e̶:̶ ̶0̶6̶ ̶M̶a̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶1̶
̶P̶l̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶l̶e̶a̶s̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶t̶e̶:̶ ̶2̶7̶ ̶M̶a̶y̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶1̶
Planned release date: 15 Jul 2021
Post edited June 01, 2021 by JackknifeJohnson
Why is there no video trailers for those games?

Also from what I saw, Highrisers is pretty promising, but without gameplay video it's a huge 50-50 prediction.

Lacuna seems interesting even though I'm a bit eech out with the typical stacked block pixel art that infested current indie game scene. Wish people made more detailed pixel art and not just lazy stacks.

Roadwarden looks the most promising from those three. It doesn't try too hard like the other two but the simple "Here's a story with good graphic" is appreciated a lot.

But make video trailers FFS.
groundhog42: Both Roadwarden and Lacuna look interesting, so onto the wishlist they go. I recently trimmed my wishlist right down but it's starting to expand again at an alarming rate!
You will never trim down your wishlist. It's like challenging a raging tornado while you swing your grandma laround ike a sword.
Post edited April 23, 2021 by RedRagan
Highrisers reminds me to The Last Stand - Union City, a pretty well made browser game, was much fun to play. For now it's pretty dead because of the end of adobes flash player.
Could be an interesting game though the graphics are a bit too colorful and comic-like for my taste. A demo would be nice.
Post edited April 23, 2021 by gamefood
Basically Lacuna is for people who hate point and click adventures. Direct control? Yeah that's worked out so well in the past for this genre. Ha, ha!
MarkAce: Can we get metal gear rising revengence
There's a community wishlist entry for it here: https://www.gog.com/wishlist/games/metal_gear_rising_revengeance. It would be a good idea to check the wishlist first before leaving a post in an unrelated thread.
Roadwarden release date: September 8th