It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

fr33kSh0w2012: It not fair they get 1GBPS fibre and I get a measly 25/5 or even less! I'm the one that have been waiting 13 years since I was 24 14 more years and I'll be ready for a geriatric home! FFS.
I dunno much about fiber, but doesn't distance not matter much for such a short distance of copper(comparing FTTN to FTTP)?

Maybe your copper needs to be replaced with better stuff(still copper but better, if there's such a thing)?
fr33kSh0w2012: Welp this year I'm getting my garbage dump of an NBN took too damn long 13 years was used as a political football too much and now I get FTTN

FTTN stands for Fibre to the node

What that means is we get a cabinet like this: https://simonyeo.id.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/NBN-node-Pakenham-20160522.jpg

and then we have to rely on COPPER for the rest of the way like this: https://www.abc.net.au/reslib/201309/r1176265_14994932.jpg

and this which makes me:
SADFACE

Yet I walk down the road and a new unit block is getting FTTP

Fibre right to their phonelines

It not fair they get 1GBPS fibre and I get a measly 25/5 or even less! I'm the one that have been waiting 13 years since I was 24 14 more years and I'll be ready for a geriatric home! FFS.
I don't have the news image, but i mean it could be worse.
You could have an FTTR connection (fibre to the rope).
Essentially the news story was that it was too expensive to dig through rock to properly install the NBN so they kept having people come out and look at it and they had like a guide rope there and that was all the NBN this guy was gonna get.
When it's finished the nbn it will be ranked fourth slowest in the world for all OICD countries, it's fair to say it will not be a well developed network that is competitive and meets the needs of a developed country participating in the digital millenium.
For example games companies are having major issues with it streaming large files over diversified sources.
Will it be completed by the end of 2020, i don't think so i mean i haven't checked the rollout map yet; but gaming & entertainment connectivity I would think are going to continue to have issues without new direction that reflects the actual costs and intricacies of the rollout without focusing on the fact that no matter what it's happening & at no matter the cost and what are we actually trying to achieve.
I wonder about the 5g satellite network being undertaken by the end of 2020 maybe, but I don't think i need to say much about what the pricing in our country will be like as our tech pricing structure is well documented.
novumZ: My 20/20 vision sees lower then expected CP 2077 sales.
Reason: Windows 7 and Linux not supported.
StingingVelvet: This is very silly.
Not silly for me and other peoples; valuing their privacy.
Microsoft inc., attempt to intrude via new OS has largely failed.

note: they've even managed to screw up the voting app for iowa; interestingly enough the screw ups don't involve being used against elites but instead for the working class.
StingingVelvet: This is very silly.
novumZ: Not silly for me and other peoples; valuing their privacy.
I think he meant it is silly to expect lowers sales, not that W10 is less secure

novumZ: https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-SteamMicrosoft inc., attempt to intrude via new OS has largely failed.
[...].
https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam
Latest Steam HW survey. W10 risen by 7.6% since last, currently at 79.2% total. So not sure what you mean by failed?
novumZ: Not silly for me and other peoples; valuing their privacy.
amok: I think he meant it is silly to expect lowers sales, not that W10 is less secure

novumZ: https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-SteamMicrosoft inc., attempt to intrude via new OS has largely failed.
[...].
amok: https://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey/Steam-Hardware-Software-Survey-Welcome-to-Steam
Latest Steam HW survey. W10 risen by 7.6% since last, currently at 79.2% total. So not sure what you mean by failed?
I don't use steam so I wouldn't know.
My games run very smooth on windows 7 offline PC :)
I don't plan to buy a new PC because of Microsoft illegal datamining within their newest spyware 10 OS.
novumZ: I don't plan to buy a new PC because of Microsoft illegal datamining within their newest spyware 10 OS.
But...what if it breaks? o.0

You know you could always have a new PC built with Linux/etc as well, btw, right(just checking)? ;)

And yeah MS supposedly steals data with Win10(This is likely true, though I think some blow it out of proportion a bit)....I locked mine down pretty tightly, though, so I should be ok.
Post edited February 08, 2020 by GameRager
novumZ: I don't plan to buy a new PC because of Microsoft illegal datamining within their newest spyware 10 OS.
GameRager: But...what if it breaks? o.0

You know you could always have a new PC built with Linux/etc as well, btw, right(just checking)? ;)

And yeah MS supposedly steals data with Win10(This is likely true, though I think some blow it out of proportion a bit)....I locked mine down pretty tightly, though, so I should be ok.
Iinux yes. But gog does not fully support it, not even witcher 3 is on linux yet-native, i'm ocd when it comes to a game running on max settings and optimum performance. I only could accomplish this with 19 backround processes in windows 7.
novumZ: i'm ocd when it comes to a game running on max settings and optimum performance. I only could accomplish this with 19 backround processes in windows 7.
I used to be the same way, so I can sympathize a bit....though of late I enjoy games as long as they look good enough(not necessarily on max settings) and I don't need to tweak every config setting or option in the config files/etc.....hard to do, I know, but imo worth it to enjoy one's games more easily.
kai2: In 2020 I need new glasses. I can't see s@#$!
Agreed!

I seriously don't give a flying F*ck what MITrosoft do my browsing habits probably bore them to death!
Post edited February 08, 2020 by fr33kSh0w2012
novumZ: I don't use steam so I wouldn't know.
Which means you made predictions about things you do not know. Which was the "rather silly" part. Also, you do not need to use steam to use a browser, which is where you see the Steam Hardware Survey.... a quick google would have told you this.

novumZ: My games run very smooth on windows 7 offline PC :)
That's very good for you. You are in a minority which keeps getting smaller.

That'ts perfectly fine, you do not need to. W7 (and XP) was a good OS. But as said before, you are in a very small minority, which is getting smaller. It makes perfect sense for CDP to not make CyberPunk for it, nor is it reasonable to expect them to do so either. And it will not make them lose any monies. In fact, it may be more costly if they made it W7 kompatible.

(PS. Microsoft's data mining is perfectly legal, you may not like it - but it is not illegal)
low rated
novumZ: I don't use steam so I wouldn't know.
amok: Which means you made predictions about things you do not know. Which was the "rather silly" part. Also, you do not need to use steam to use a browser, which is where you see the Steam Hardware Survey.... a quick google would have told you this.
Yes exactly; My personal prediction!
and koma; look it up what prediction is before smarting off!

I will no longer reply to your nonsense.
Cavalary: morolf says part of it well enough... Mr.Mumbles too, at that level.
Personally and immediately, expect to lose my net access at the end of the week and not find any suitable replacement. Which has more implications than others would think... So, complete mess.
If I'll still manage to get out of bed, may take the opportunity to spend most time playing stuff for the next week or two. After that, the usual, be either dead or have every day add to the hopelessness, bitterness and anger generated by having spent it in a world continuing to head like a train with no brakes straight for a cliff, and without anything in my personal life to make being here worth it in some other way either.
Sorry to hear about your losses. All the best.

My 2020 vision is to do my best to protect myself from all the mess that's happening in this godforsaken world for example corona-virus, increase crime etc.
sasuke12: Sorry to hear about your losses. All the best.

My 2020 vision is to do my best to protect myself from all the mess that's happening in this godforsaken world for example corona-virus, increase crime etc.
Well, had some internet access again five days later, but since it's not one that works how I need it to to feel... at ease in any way, I cut off most things I was doing on-line. Actually, this forum is one of the very few "signs of life" I still give. It does make things... much calmer though, no longer following many things, posting, logging on most places...

As for protection, I'd much rather we find ways to change those things.
About the coronavirus though, I wouldn't be that worried of something with ~2% mortality. Granted, does make for a feeling of powerlessness, knowing that there's basically no treatment, but it's also quite a leveller in that way, much less a matter of what medical services one has access to and more about simply what their body can handle and recover from. But, either way, for example air pollution kills several thousand people a day, but I'm not seeing such worldwide panic and drastic measures about that, though there definitely should be. Then, though I could also continue to list environmental problems, I'll move to processed foods, all sorts of crap added, the stress of daily life...
Cavalary: Well, had some internet access again five days later, but since it's not one that works how I need it to to feel... at ease in any way, I cut off most things I was doing on-line. Actually, this forum is one of the very few "signs of life" I still give. It does make things... much calmer though, no longer following many things, posting, logging on most places...
Must be nice to "cut the chain" to much....so freeing. Me? I'm joined at the hip with this site, it seems that way sometimes anyways.

Cavalary: About the coronavirus though, I wouldn't be that worried of something with ~2% mortality. Granted, does make for a feeling of powerlessness, knowing that there's basically no treatment, but it's also quite a leveller in that way, much less a matter of what medical services one has access to and more about simply what their body can handle and recover from.
Even at 2% the numbers would still be high if a good chunk of the world got it(and sadly with the way the world is connected that's more likely now then in the distant past)....and that's IF the numbers are correct.....I have seen reports(official numbers) from various sources that peg the actual mortality rate around 20% or so(give or take a few points).

Plus all the leaked video of bodies being carted off from homes/etc, stacked and burned, homes and building being quarantined, and ENTIRE CITIES being doused with stuff to kill the virus...it makes me worry a bit more than with other bugs in the past, and I hope those of us that worry will be proven wrong.

Until then, though, I stocked up with supplies and am hunkering down at home(even more than usual). while hoping for the best & this to blow over.
GameRager: Even at 2% the numbers would still be high if a good chunk of the world got it(and sadly with the way the world is connected that's more likely now then in the distant past)....and that's IF the numbers are correct.....I have seen reports(official numbers) from various sources that peg the actual mortality rate around 20% or so(give or take a few points).

Plus all the leaked video of bodies being carted off from homes/etc, stacked and burned, homes and building being quarantined, and ENTIRE CITIES being doused with stuff to kill the virus...it makes me worry a bit more than with other bugs in the past, and I hope those of us that worry will be proven wrong.

Until then, though, I stocked up with supplies and am hunkering down at home(even more than usual). while hoping for the best & this to blow over.
Again, compared to other causes of death, it's very little.
And even at that conspiracy-level mortality, still far below even another coronavirus active for a while now.
Post edited February 10, 2020 by Cavalary