It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Well, the truhlik Twins jumped on the drmike Yankees early, sending their starting pitcher to the showers and scoring three runs in the first.... but it wasn't enough as the drmike Yankees stormed back, outscoring the truhlik Twins 8 to 1 after that top of the first to win the game 8 to 4 and advance to the second round, the Divisional Series round.

So, truhlik is eliminated and drmike moves on. The four teams in the next round are set and are as follows:

The drmike Yankees will take on the defending American League Champion gogtrial34987 Indians in a best 3 out of 5 game format. The first game is scheduled for Thursday, Oct 5.

And in the other AL Divisional Series, the BenKii Astros will play the VampiroAlhazred Red Sox in a best 3 out of 5 game format. The first game is scheduled for Thursday Oct. 5.

The two winners of the two Divisional Series round will then meet in the American Leagaue Championship Series.

Meanwhile, in the National League, the first round game between the 01Kipper Rockies and the adaliabooks Diamondbacks takes place tomorrow (tonight lol), Oct 4. Like tonight's AL game, it is a winner take all, loser is eliminated affair, so good luck 01Kipper and adaliabooks!
Post edited October 04, 2017 by OldFatGuy
OldFatGuy: truhlik is eliminated
Well I was going to be nice and gift a game from truhlik's wishlist but it requires their email address.

Am I missing something here? I don;t see a way around that.

-drmike

edit: I went looking for the gift instructions a few days ago for another thread but couldn't find anything in writing on how to do it.
Post edited October 04, 2017 by drmike
drmike: Well I was going to be nice and gift a game from truhlik's wishlist but it requires their email address.

Am I missing something here? I don;t see a way around that.
Put in your own email address. You'll get an email containing a redeem link with a code. Use the chat function to share that code / redeem link with whoever you want to gift the game to. (It's completely not tied to the recipient email address.)

And that's a super nice gesture from you. Major kudos!
Post edited October 04, 2017 by gogtrial34987
The Twins lost over 100 games last year.
I think they're making it to the playoffs period deserves our admiration.

That doesn't have anything to do with the current conversation, I just wanted to say that. :P
gogtrial34987: *snip*
Thank you. I'll see what I can do when I get to the office tonight. I'm in the middle of a project right now.
Post edited October 04, 2017 by drmike
Obviously goggers can do whatever they want, but this was always going to be a tournament format, which always meant that a bunch of someone's are going to win and progress and a bunch of someone's are going to lose and be eliminated. IMO the winners don't owe the losers anything.

And in the regular season in the American League this year the ONLY teams that played at least .500 ball were the 5 playoff teams. ALL of the other TEN American League teams finished UNDER .500. Anyone know if that's ever happened before?
Sorry if it seemed like I was trying to step on folk's toes. I was just trying to be friendly. :)
drmike: Sorry if it seemed like I was trying to step on folk's toes. I was just trying to be friendly. :)
if you want to be friendly, get into the Cubs' bullpen. They could use you. :P
The National League Wild Card Round game between the 01Kipper Rockies and the Adaliabooks Diamondbacks is just about 15 minutes from starting. It is, like last night's American League Wild Card game, a one game, winner take all and loser is eliminated game.

Good luck to both 01Kipper and adaliabooks!!!
And tonight it's the Diamondbacks' who strike big and early with a three run Home Run in the bottom of the first inning.

adailiabooks Diamondbacks 3 - 01Kipper Rockies 0

And they hold the Rockies scoreless and then add another in the bottom of the 2nd inning, after 2 innings of play:

adailiabooks Diamondbacks 4 - 01Kipper Rockies 0.

And this one is turning into a rout as the Diamondbacks continue to hold the Rockies scoreless and have just added two more in the bottom of the third....

adaliabooks Diamondbacks 6 - 01Kipper Rockies 0.

WAIT.... did I say something about a rout???? The Rockies don't want to hear that crap.... they just rallied for four runs in the fourth and are right back in the game...

adailiabooks Diamondbacks 6 - 01Kipper Rockies 4.

Teams put up scoreless innings until the top of the 7th when the Rockies pushed one run across and as they enter the 7th inning stretch it's the

adaliabooks Diamondbacks 6 - 01Kipper Rockies 5

Just when you think the Rockies are coming back, they score 5 unanswered, have two outs in the bottom of the 7th with 2 men on base but the Diamondbacks have their PITCHER hit. A career .098 hitter. AND HE HITS A TRIPLE to score 2 and open the lead back up to 8-5. LOL, this is why I love baseball. You just never know. This pitcher's been in the league 3 years and has never hit a triple in his career... until tonight. lol

But..... hold the phone... the Rockies aren't done yet.... back to back Home Runs in the top of the 8th cuts the lead back to 1 as it's 8-7. What a game....
Post edited October 05, 2017 by OldFatGuy
So the Diamondbacks defeated the Rockies last night 11-8 to eliminated the Rockies and move on to the second round in the National League. The second round is a best 3 out of 5 series and begins tomorrow, Friday, Oct 6 and will be between:

The zeogold Dodgers vs the adaliabooks Diamondbacks

and

the ariaspi Nationals vs the scryba Cubs.

And TODAY the American Division series (3 out of 5) gets underway between

The gogtrial34987 Indians vs drmike Yankees (7:30 PM game 1)

and

BenKii Astros vs VampiroAlhazred Red Sox (4:00 PM game 1)

GOOD LUCK TO YOU EIGHT GOGGERS LEFT!
Post edited October 05, 2017 by OldFatGuy
This was the first time in my life I ever checked to see the result of a baseball game! Oh well, good luck to the remaining teams.
In a related story, following last night's 11-8 DBacks victory, MLB executives reiterated that this season the balls have NOT BEEN juiced.
Post edited October 05, 2017 by tinyE
A day playoff game! God be praised!

When I was kid most playoff games were day games. None of this staying up till midnight crap.
OldFatGuy: The gogtrial34987 Indians vs drmike Yankees (7:30 PM game 1)
Go Indians! We can totally strike out that drmike guy! Woohoo!
(How am I doing?) ;)