It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Looking back at 2017 on GOG.com

We made it! You made it! 2017 is almost over – and whatever your take on the world at large, only one thing can truly be said for certain: it's been a great year for all of us here at GOG.com – thank you for being a part of it!

Let's take a brief look back at the year 2017...

Over 2000 DRM-free games
Our catalog passed two thousand titles in 2017 – but if you know us, you know it's not just about the numbers. These are over two thousand unique experiences that we truly believe are worth playing!

Did somebody say good old games? Well, we brought back quite a few of them this year – the really tough ones and the ones we really missed – restored by our talented teams and friends across the net. There is the Jazz Jackrabbit series – CliffyB's gaming debut; SWAT 4 – happily no longer among PC Gamer's "15 great games you can't buy digitally"; The Suffering series – with scary monsters by Stan Winston Studios; the delicious Pizza Tycoon series; many long-lost classics Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom, Rise of the Dragon, Heart of China; [url=https://www.gog.com/game/titanic_adventure_out_of_time]Titanic: Adventure out of Time… and more!

But the good and old is only half the story. 2017 was an amazing year for gaming, with award winning and groundbreaking productions releasing DRM-free on GOG.com. If the indie revolution is behind us, then this is the renaissance!

2017 gave us Divinity: Original Sin 2 – PC Gamer's Game of the Year and this year's most popular game on GOG.com! Followed by Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice – Best Audio Design, Impact, and Best Performance at The Game Awards; the niche but loveable Piranha Bytes RPG; [url=https://www.gog.com/game/cuphead]Cuphead – winning Best Art Direction and Best Independent Game at The Game Awards; and so many others!

All in all, in 2017 alone we released nearly one quarter of our entire catalog – and it's an honor to work this closely with so many talented game developers and great publishers.

GOG Galaxy out of beta
In 2017 the GOG Galaxy client left behind its BETA tag – with a few great new features to boot! We added Universal Cloud Saves, technology which allows us to introduce Cloud Save support to classics and new games on GOG.com (now nearly 300 and counting). Plus an in-game overlay, a built-in FPS counter and screenshot tool, as well as an array of expanded settings allowing you to customize the client to your needs. Anyway, that's how we earned our sense of pride and accomplishment.

We are legion
We saved the best for last – and that's you lot. As we grow in size, the GOG word spreads farther and farther out! Tens of thousands of you have joined us this year across social media and our very own twitch.tv/GOGcom channel. That's over <span class="bold">240,000 following our Twitter shenanigans</span>, more than <span class="bold">340,000 of you with us on Facebook</span>.

<span class="bold">As for twitch.tv/GOGcom</span>, we can't thank our dedicated Stream Team enough for sharing our love for games seven days a week. In 2017 we reached 50k followers – oh, it just went up to 51k – and there have been over 214600 individuals watching us so far. If you combine all our 2017 streams, we streamed for 169 days and 15 hours (that's about 45% of the year!) and if you combine all the time people spent watching our channel in 2017, you get 38 years and 272 days!

Thank you so much for being with us in 2017 – we hope your 2018 is amazing, and we can't wait to show you what's in store for this year!
Post edited December 29, 2017 by Konrad
lubwak: "We are legion". Menaing, you are like.... demons? O_o Who came up with such a stupid subheading?
We are Legion for we are many

While there a biblical and demonic meaning, it also denotes a large powerful movement (with out evil or demonic overtones)
lubwak: "We are legion". Menaing, you are like.... demons? O_o Who came up with such a stupid subheading?
So I'm not the only one...
However, after being used by Anonymous, the quote seems to have wider meaning than just biblical one.
Games I want to see next year:

K.G.B.
Lucasarts's console games, like Zombies Ate My neighbors, Super Star Wars, Indiana Jones Trilogy and Metal Warriors.
Spellcasting series.
Curse of Monkey Island.
Mechwarrior 2 and 4.
XIII.
Metal Gear Solid.
Final Fantasy 7.
Superhero League of Hoboken.
Leather Goddesses of Phobos.
Monty Python and the Holy Grail, which I have not played but Monty Python is fucking awesome.
Eric the Unready.
Finished versions of Sam and Max 2 and Full Throttle 2. Full Throttle 2 is no big loss, but I would love to see Sam and Max 2.
Space Quest Incinerations and Vohaul Strikes Back.
Beavis and Butthead: Virtual Stupidity.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City and 5.
Little King's Story without the shitty porting job that apparently ruined the Steam version.
Absolute Zero.
Mega Man X4 and 5.
Devil May Cry 3 and 4.
Neon Retro Arcade Neo, with the broken machines and incompatible games fixed and the ability to reset games and a Genesis emulator that works on Win 10 and a better interface for setting up games and box art.
Bionic Commando Rearmed.
A year GOG went truly polyglot.
Attachments:
polyglot.jpg (54 Kb)
Themken: A year GOG went truly polyglot.
You're too close to the border :). Are the prices matched too?
Melvinica: You're too close to the border :). Are the prices matched too?
Het

I mean, no.
Post edited January 01, 2018 by Themken
All the best GoG for 2018, Happy New Year!
GOG looks very good. I have decided to register an account today.
PALAXMOON: GOG looks very good. I have decided to register an account today.
Welcome PALAXMOON. :)
ciemnogrodzianin: So I'm not the only one...
However, after being used by Anonymous, the quote seems to have wider meaning than just biblical one.
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/legion
Post edited January 01, 2018 by MarkoH01
PALAXMOON: GOG looks very good. I have decided to register an account today.
welcome
Well done GOG

Happy 2018

And now, your new year's resolution must be to finally get Star Trek Elite Force I and II (with all expansions of course...) :)
Post edited January 01, 2018 by tgw105
Congrats, GOG. Now how about fixing things up here and there? Make 2018 the year of refinement. I joined GOG since it was in BETA and I loved how it kept shaping up. I know for sure it's not much to ask you to start Polishing (pun intended) this website.

There's no need to make a list of issues here, I'm sure you already have it. Make 2018 a glorious one. Please.

Happy New Year!
Notifications still not working on the site. I just found three games had updated from as early as November by chance, when I went to DL a game.
The whole galaxy forced into standalone installers debacle...
Being told by a blue that we would not be getting one of the patches from Shadow Warrior2, until another patch came out, despite the fact that they had no idea if anything else would ever be done for the game in the future.
Still forcing DL's to show galaxy installer versions with no options to set to the standalone versions. Having to rely on site users scripts to do something the site should've done in the first place.
Several games weeks/months/years out of date compared to steam release, yet you keep letting those devs release more games that most likely also won't get updated here too.
galaxy not really optional, due to games like Dying Light having seasonal events that have never been added to standalone installers, despite the fact that there's no reason why these couldn't be played in single player, as they can on both steam/galaxy.
Some free skins/DLC that are out for Dying Light are steam only via Gemly site that devs have said would come here, yet months later.... & so on.

If that is a good year, I'd hate to see a bad year!
Thanks, however I know the meaning and wide usage. Moreover the word has identical meanings also in Polish. We are referring to the whole sentence - "we are legion" - which narrows the context, I think.
mechmouse: We are Legion for we are many

While there a biblical and demonic meaning, it also denotes a large powerful movement (with out evil or demonic overtones)
It's also woefully overused. ;)