It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hope GOG can add this patch as soon as possible.
The patch is current in review by GOG. Once they're satisfied it'll be released.
Oh no please GOG: this so-patch is an advert, it's a mod asked for free to the fans by the dev (an unpaid order), and some fans use it to make the game diffferent in their own taste, so you have to revert this mod to find back the spirit of the game.
So, make it an optional download.
Post edited December 19, 2015 by ERISS
ERISS: Oh no please GOG: this so-patch is an advert, it's a mod asked for free to the fans by the dev (an unpaid order), and some fans use it to make the game diffferent in their own taste, so you have to revert this mod to find back the spirit of the game.
So, make it an optional download.
That's not GOG's call. It's an official update and was intended from the beginning by Stardock to become part of the game. Whether it was made by us modders for free and is now used as advertisement doesn't matter.

Yes, I don't like that the CU changes the game so drastically either (which is why I began to re-tool my old fix-mod, Autumn Twilight, after I had to drop out of the CU-project due to RL problems), but it is necessary to include it into the game, because it finally allows the AI to play to its full potential (instead of being constantly hampered by numerous bugs).
Gaunathor: Yes, I don't like that the CU changes the game so drastically either (which is why I began to re-tool my old fix-mod, Autumn Twilight), but it is necessary to include it into the game, because it finally allows the AI to play to its full potential (instead of being constantly hampered by numerous bugs).
Yeay, very thank you Gaunathor for your fix, that's what should be an official patch,
and the remaining of the 'patch' (like the CU changes) becoming the optional fan mod.
I think you'll agree with me :)
Gaunathor: That's not GOG's call. It's an official update
But GOG is the master at it's home.
Post edited December 19, 2015 by ERISS
ERISS: Yeay, very thank you Gaunathor for your fix, that's what should be an official patch,
and the remaining of the 'patch' (like the CU changes) becoming the optional fan mod.
I think you'll agree with me :)
I do, and even said as much once I saw what the other members of the CU-project did after I left.
ERISS: But GOG is the master at it's home.
True. However, this is an official update to the game. It fixes bugs and changes the gameplay. Just like any other update. Why would GOG reject it, or even force the developer to make it optional? Because it changes the gameplay too much? Because it was made primarily by the community? GOG already has games on here where that is the case for various reasons. For example, Gothic 3, Ultima IX, and MoO 2. Why should they change their stance regarding community updates in this case?
Islanti: The patch is current in review by GOG. Once they're satisfied it'll be released.
Yeah! GOG updated the installer to 2.20 version!
1030xxx: Yeah! GOG updated the installer to 2.20 version!
No, it's still the old installer. The game-version in that installer was already v2.20, but the implementation of the CU was bugged.
1030xxx: Yeah! GOG updated the installer to 2.20 version!
Gaunathor: No, it's still the old installer. The game-version in that installer was already v2.20, but the implementation of the CU was bugged.
So is GOG going to release a version of GalCiv2 with the CU mod fixed?
IronArcturus: So is GOG going to release a version of GalCiv2 with the CU mod fixed?
I don't see why not. As Islanti said, GOG is currently reviewing the update that will fix the problem with the CU integration.