It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So I've downloaded all the mods for FS2 Open, and my computer is embarrassing enough that I can't run it at 1080p in all maxed out settings. I've been shopping for a new computer anyway; what would be the minimum I'd need in terms of graphics card and processor to do this? (Right now I have an HD 4000 (yes, I know, it sucks) and an Intel i7 3635).
Post edited April 21, 2016 by CaptainKoloth
I don't know that much about ATI cards but when it comes to Nvidia anything recent above X50 should do (so 750, 850, 950 etc). Personally I find the X60 cards to give the best value for your money, they are usually really good middle-tier cards with anything above them approaching high-end cards.

For the CPU both a recent i5 or i7 will do.

If you can afford it and are willing to live with less hard-drive space I would seriously recommend a SSD drive for your harddisk. They are kinda expensive and don't give you that much storage capacity, but damn your computer will run and feel amazing. For me there is no going back and I would consider getting an i5 over an i7 CPU just to make the SSD more affordable
Post edited May 08, 2016 by GepardenK
CaptainKoloth: So I've downloaded all the mods for FS2 Open, and my computer is embarrassing enough that I can't run it at 1080p in all maxed out settings. I've been shopping for a new computer anyway; what would be the minimum I'd need in terms of graphics card and processor to do this? (Right now I have an HD 4000 (yes, I know, it sucks) and an Intel i7 3635).
Mmmm, I played fsopen maxed out on a radeon x1650 with an Athlon XP 64 3200+ at 1280x1024 with antialiasing activated from the catalyst control panel, I don't really think you need new hardware.
CaptainKoloth: So I've downloaded all the mods for FS2 Open, and my computer is embarrassing enough that I can't run it at 1080p in all maxed out settings. I've been shopping for a new computer anyway; what would be the minimum I'd need in terms of graphics card and processor to do this? (Right now I have an HD 4000 (yes, I know, it sucks) and an Intel i7 3635).
Det_Bullock: Mmmm, I played fsopen maxed out on a radeon x1650 with an Athlon XP 64 3200+ at 1280x1024 with antialiasing activated from the catalyst control panel, I don't really think you need new hardware.
It very much depends on what mods you're playing; even bleeding-edge hardware won't be able to maintain a solid 60 FPS throughout the entirety of some Blue Planet cutscenes with shadows enabled.
Det_Bullock: Mmmm, I played fsopen maxed out on a radeon x1650 with an Athlon XP 64 3200+ at 1280x1024 with antialiasing activated from the catalyst control panel, I don't really think you need new hardware.
MageKing17: It very much depends on what mods you're playing; even bleeding-edge hardware won't be able to maintain a solid 60 FPS throughout the entirety of some Blue Planet cutscenes with shadows enabled.
Funny, one of the mods I played was Blue Planet, the voice acted version of the first part to be precise, I don't know if the other installments are heavier though.
I'm running FS Open and Diaspora maxed out on an Alienware laptop with an i5 Dual core, 16 RAM and an Nvidia GTX 960M. It runs great.

I am not using Blue Planet.