It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Anyone else having trouble alt-tabing in this game?
All of you looking for a unified patch that fixes bugs and restores content without adding anything new should visit this link for the Fallout 2 Restoration Project:

http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=62962&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Even though it says 2.2 BETA, this is still your best bet ATM. The final version 2.2 could be released any time, meaning it could be tomorrow or it could be six months from now.

If I were starting a new game, this is what I would use.
hi

I applied the high resolution patch, following instructions mentionned in read me document. Nothing happens, I set resolution to 1920x1080, but no changes.

Could anyone help me?
Seems that high resolution patch is not available anymore....can anyone help? THNX
sergejGOGaccount: Seems that high resolution patch is not available anymore....can anyone help? THNX
As mentioned above at least some of the links in first post are outdated. You can find working links to latest high res patches for all three fallout games (FO1, FO2 and tactics) from . I am also hosting them on [url=http://koti.mbnet.fi/ton_hur/]my own site (downloads -> fallout) in case NMA is experiencing difficulties.
Post edited July 19, 2013 by Petrell
thank you a lot
FYI, the Fallout 2 Restoration Project 2.2 is finally out of Beta and has been released! Get it here: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63996

(Yeah already mentioned in another thread, but makes sense to have it in the sticky).
Post edited July 29, 2013 by squid830
Thanks for the list!
I recently got the GOG version of Fallout 2, and I'm trying to get it to run with some mods on Mac.

I installed the restoration mod, megamod, and killap's unofficial patch using a VM - I just patched the Fallout folder in the c-drive contained within the wineskin. All of the patches seemed to work fine, but when I try to launch the game I get the 'Fallout 2 seems to be running in compatibility mode' error, and then the game closes.

I already disabled the compatibility check on the ddraw.ini, as well as on the fallout2.exe, so I'm a bit lost for options here. I also noticed that the game opens fine when I just open the exe contained within the wineksin from the VM, so it's clearly a mac-related issue.

I know the simple solution here is to just play on my windows VM, but I feel there has to be a way to make it work on my native OS. Is my method of modding the wineskin-contained directory incorrect? Anybody have any ideas?
ul49: I recently got the GOG version of Fallout 2, and I'm trying to get it to run with some mods on Mac.

I installed the restoration mod, megamod, and killap's unofficial patch using a VM - I just patched the Fallout folder in the c-drive contained within the wineskin. All of the patches seemed to work fine, but when I try to launch the game I get the 'Fallout 2 seems to be running in compatibility mode' error, and then the game closes.

I already disabled the compatibility check on the ddraw.ini, as well as on the fallout2.exe, so I'm a bit lost for options here. I also noticed that the game opens fine when I just open the exe contained within the wineksin from the VM, so it's clearly a mac-related issue.

I know the simple solution here is to just play on my windows VM, but I feel there has to be a way to make it work on my native OS. Is my method of modding the wineskin-contained directory incorrect? Anybody have any ideas?
I don't use a Mac but I did happen across this the other day, maybe it can help you: http://www.nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=63073

Unfortunately by "help" I mean find out that the GOG version of Fallout2 for Mac will likely not work with fan-made patches. :(

Still, you could try re-posting your question on the NMA boards - if anyone does have a solution that would be the most likely place it'll crop up.
ul49: I recently got the GOG version of Fallout 2, and I'm trying to get it to run with some mods on Mac.

Not quite sure if it is only mac related, since I got the same issues with the latest killapp patch on a XP SP3 machine. Even though the patch did work in an earlier version, so maybe something went wrong with the latest update on killapps side?
Post edited September 15, 2013 by Ardal

I installed the restoration mod, megamod, and killap's unofficial patch using a VM...
Can't help with MAC specific issues but restoration project, MIB88 Megamod and unofficial patch are NOT compatible with each other. Even installing unofficial patch over restoration project can have unforseen consequences as it does not take into account changes made by restoration project. It's not needed anyway as unofficial patch is integrated into restoration project.

You may have already read it but there are some GOG Mac edition specific instructions in F2RP Technical Info page.
Ardal: Not quite sure if it is only mac related, since I got the same issues with the latest killapp patch on a XP SP3 machine. Even though the patch did work in an earlier version, so maybe something went wrong with the latest update on killapps side?
Well I run WinXP SP3, so unless he's changed it recently (I got my RP 2.2 > a month ago), it should work. Having said that, you might want to check that FALLOUT2.exe isn't in compatibility mode (right-click on it and choose properties), as I think GOG's version might stick it in that mode by default - if so just turn it off and it should work. Also ensure you run Fallout2.exe directly (not via the link that comes with GOG).

@ul49: Sorry didn't notice originally you're trying to run the Megamod together with the RP - as @Petrell noted they're not compatible, and the unofficial patch is included with both I think (since they both use Timeslip's sfall - but different versions as far as I know). Only choose one or the other, and on a clean install. The only thing you MIGHT be able to get away with is installing a new version of the hires patch, but even that can have issues if you're not careful.
Ardal: Not quite sure if it is only mac related, since I got the same issues with the latest killapp patch on a XP SP3 machine. Even though the patch did work in an earlier version, so maybe something went wrong with the latest update on killapps side?
squid830: Well I run WinXP SP3, so unless he's changed it recently (I got my RP 2.2 > a month ago), it should work. Having said that, you might want to check that FALLOUT2.exe isn't in compatibility mode (right-click on it and choose properties), as I think GOG's version might stick it in that mode by default - if so just turn it off and it should work. Also ensure you run Fallout2.exe directly (not via the link that comes with GOG).
I actually gave up and used another non-gog version of the game and it worked on the first try....

Already did what you suggested in my earlier attempts on running the game, but it wouldn't work. Every time I unchecked '256 color' it just came right back on. I also found a possible solution for that on the internet, but I already went with my other version of the game.

Thanks for your help and your reply nonetheless.
squid830: Well I run WinXP SP3, so unless he's changed it recently (I got my RP 2.2 > a month ago), it should work. Having said that, you might want to check that FALLOUT2.exe isn't in compatibility mode (right-click on it and choose properties), as I think GOG's version might stick it in that mode by default - if so just turn it off and it should work. Also ensure you run Fallout2.exe directly (not via the link that comes with GOG).
Ardal: I actually gave up and used another non-gog version of the game and it worked on the first try....

Already did what you suggested in my earlier attempts on running the game, but it wouldn't work. Every time I unchecked '256 color' it just came right back on. I also found a possible solution for that on the internet, but I already went with my other version of the game.

Thanks for your help and your reply nonetheless.
That's peculiar - you didn't have it set to read-only by any chance? Or did you get a version that was downloaded a really long time ago? I think there may have been issues with a GOG version in the past which was subsequently fixed (but I could be wrong).

Oh well, good to see you got it working anyway.