It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

TheCycoONE: The FAQ mentions teamx 1.3.4 patch. Is there any reason to use this over the 1.3.5 patch? I've been using 1.3.5 without problems so far.
None whatsoever. The 1.3.5 is the latest but not everyone knows about it as NMA downloads have not been updated (same goes for teamX's semi-official patch, latest being V. 1.2.1rc3) and the TeamX's site is in russian so few know about the update. Also if you use the latest semi-official patch, children patch is not needed as it has been integrated into the patch.
Post edited April 09, 2011 by Petrell
What version of Fallout do we have on gog? UK or US? Put this info in FAQ
The Blackout problem several people have mentioned is a known issue caused by the fact that modern video cards.....of any make....refresh the screen at a much faster rate then back in 1997 when the game was made. This faster rate causes the black outs. There are a couple of fixes out there......I suggest you search No Mutants Allowed for the solutions.
Are there really so many people having problems with this game?
Thats's strange. I've been playing fallout on like 5 or 6 generations of pc's (buy a new one each 2-3 years) and on 2 or 3 different windows versions, since its release.
And I realy can't remember any noteworthy problems I had with it.
Not sure if it's FAQ worthy or not, but here goes... The assassin who attacks Killian is dead, but combat won't end. How can I get it to end? I've gotten the xp for helping, but we're all still in combat mode. It seems like I ran into this once before on a mission ages ago, but I'll be darned if I can recollect what I did to end it. I can't kill everybody..lol.

Anything you can suggest would be helpful :)

*facepalm* Never mind. I wasn't hitting the stop-combat thingy in the bottom right hand corner :/

It's been so long since I played it... it's almost like a new game. Glad GOG had this :)
Post edited July 20, 2011 by Mrite47
I don´t want to creat a new thread for just one question so i´ll ask it here.

Is there a way to have your allies change armor? The armor they are wearing do not seem to be any good. Can I buy them new armor and trade with them so that they will wear it?
Three4Flinching: I don´t want to creat a new thread for just one question so i´ll ask it here.

Is there a way to have your allies change armor? The armor they are wearing do not seem to be any good. Can I buy them new armor and trade with them so that they will wear it?
I believe the NPC mod allows this, but you can't do it without it.
Three4Flinching: I don´t want to creat a new thread for just one question so i´ll ask it here.

Musashi1596: I believe the NPC mod allows this, but you can't do it without it.
Ok, thanks for the help.
After tweaking, patching, and modifying Fallout I finally got it to run on my netbook. I played for a few days and was really getting into it then it began crashing. I left necropolis and once I head south of that point it crashes shortly after (heading toward the bone yard area). I have tried loading different saved games but it always crashes once I head about an inch or so south of that point.. I have tried reinstalling the data files and refreshing the temp folders to no avail. I have a Dell inspiron mini, all drivers up to date. Anyone have any ideas?
Im stuck yet again on the water chip mission. It seems as though i am constantly getting screwed by this, with maybe 2-3 playthroughs up til this point.

Does anyone have an indepth walkthrough for how to do that painful quest? I really dont care about the ghouls and to be honest would like to play the evil way. My main problem seems to be finding the water chip. All i can ever get is to where the mutants are sitting and they whoop me down bad. There's got to be an easier way around this, as it stands now im glad im a masochist.
deathknight1728: Does anyone have an indepth walkthrough for how to do that painful quest?
...My main problem seems to be finding the water chip. All i can ever get is to where the mutants are sitting and they whoop me down bad.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/197289-fallout/faqs

What is your primary weapon skill of your character when you are in Necropolis?
IIRC it should be over 100. Going the The Hub before Necropolis to upgrade weaponry also helps.
Spectro: I'd reccomend this patch compilation: http://nma-fallout.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=57362
It should be noted that while this post was written Feb 2011, the patch (currently v 4.1 has been updated October 2011 .

I've tried it with three different computers and the GOG Fallout package, and in every case, Ian does not appear in Shady Sands. This rather restricts the opening game unless a character editor is used to increase Armour Class or otherwise counter Ian's absence.

It might also be noted that the patch also makes monsters' reactions more 'realistic' which rules out the 88-day option and getting Katja as first companion.

FIXT Alpha 3 does work with the GOG release, happily, it can be found here: http://www.gamefront.com/files/user/Sduibek
If anyone can get Alpha 4.1, the GOG Fallout release, and Ian all cooperating, please post how you did it!
You need windows to play this right? i have a mac thats why i am asking
scottithomas: You need windows to play this right? i have a mac thats why i am asking
Well while there was apparently PPC ports of FO1&2 the games sold on GOG are either native Windows games or DOS games made to run using Windows version of DosBOX. You probably could get it to run using Wine but don't ask me how.
Post edited April 08, 2012 by Petrell
Ok, here is a whole bunch of patches and various versions of them...I bought Fallout here at GOG, so which patch should I install, if any?