It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey ppls,

kinda wondering where or how to update to version 0.16?
It is out some days and I can't find the 0.16 experimental branch on GoG.
Am I missing somethin'?

Kind regards
SgtKnumskull: Hey ppls,

Am I missing somethin'?

Kind regards
Go to factorio.com to get the latest builds:

See here
& here.
Post edited December 17, 2017 by T.Hodd
It takes a couple of days, QA for GOG to post new builds, but they do arrive reliably.

Also, holidays.
Post edited December 25, 2017 by Darvond
SgtKnumskull: Hey ppls,

Am I missing somethin'?

Kind regards
T.Hodd: Go to factorio.com to get the latest builds:

See here
& here.
I've enabled auto-updates in-game, and 0.16 is available there, but every time I try to update, it times out. My internet *is* horrible, it must be admitted, but I don't get those time-outs in the GoG launcher, which is why I got the game through GoG in the first place. Any other way of getting the update files? I found where I can download the entire game on the factorio website, but that won't just update my current game, will it?

Oh yeah, and I noticed that my GoG version (which is set to "experimental") is stuck at 0.15.32, even though there are later versions in it's version tracker. Surely being on "experimental" means that it would take the latest version available? What's up with that?
Post edited January 02, 2018 by Onikorosh1
T.Hodd: Go to factorio.com to get the latest builds:

See here
& here.
Onikorosh1: I've enabled auto-updates in-game, and 0.16 is available there, but every time I try to update, it times out. My internet *is* horrible, it must be admitted, but I don't get those time-outs in the GoG launcher, which is why I got the game through GoG in the first place. Any other way of getting the update files? I found where I can download the entire game on the factorio website, but that won't just update my current game, will it?

Oh yeah, and I noticed that my GoG version (which is set to "experimental") is stuck at 0.15.32, even though there are later versions in it's version tracker. Surely being on "experimental" means that it would take the latest version available? What's up with that?
In-game updater takes me to 0.15.40 in experimental branch, and tells there are no updates available in default one.

You can download the latest build from https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental, and unpack into your GOG Factorio installation folder. I did that and got 0.16.12, even though GOG galaxy still says it's 0.15.40.
Onikorosh1: I've enabled auto-updates in-game, and 0.16 is available there, but every time I try to update, it times out. My internet *is* horrible, it must be admitted, but I don't get those time-outs in the GoG launcher, which is why I got the game through GoG in the first place. Any other way of getting the update files? I found where I can download the entire game on the factorio website, but that won't just update my current game, will it?

dmitriy_bismark: In-game updater takes me to 0.15.40 in experimental branch, and tells there are no updates available in default one.

You can download the latest build from https://www.factorio.com/download/experimental, and unpack into your GOG Factorio installation folder. I did that and got 0.16.12, even though GOG galaxy still says it's 0.15.40.
The *in-game* updater? So, that's not the GoG updater, right? The problem with the in-game updater (I could go all the way to 0.16 with the in-game updater) is that it refuses to actually download the update. It'll go for several minutes (making progress on the bar), and then say that it timed out (waited over 1000 milliseconds or something). That's why I'm kind've stuck with the GoG updater, even though it *still* doesn't acknowledge the existence of 0.16. :(

I may fall back on downloading the entire 0.16 game from the factorio website, but that'll double the space on my computer and what would it do to saved games to have two separate clients? It would be ideal if I could find some way to download just a patch that I can point factorio to in order to update to 0.16 (something independent from both GoG - which is behind - and the factorio client - which refuses to download anything for me). :/
OMG IT WORKED! I don't know what happened. Maybe the awesome factorio guys increased the timeout timer, maybe the internet gremlins nudged things in my favor, maybe my internet didn't suck for an hour (unlikely, but possible), but I'm updated to 0.16! So excited! GoG launcher still insists I'm on 0.15.32, but whatevs. :/
Onikorosh1: OMG IT WORKED! I don't know what happened. Maybe the awesome factorio guys increased the timeout timer, maybe the internet gremlins nudged things in my favor, maybe my internet didn't suck for an hour (unlikely, but possible), but I'm updated to 0.16! So excited! GoG launcher still insists I'm on 0.15.32, but whatevs. :/
I wonder if your download problems were somehow related to parts of factorio.com being down for some time. I distinctly remember not being able to browse nor download any mods because of that.

Anyhow, glad it worked out for you in the end.