It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,
maybe you can help me. I bought Factorio on Gog and i love this game, but i often see Videos about Factorio 0.16.xx

In GoG-Galaxy i only have 0.15.40

Thats cool, i thought maybe if i change "Beta-Channels" to ON and select "experimental beta branch", and Factorio updates or more like down grade to 0.15.32...

So do you guys know when im able to play 0.16.xx with Gog Galaxy?
Is there another way then to download it from the website an install it manually?
Balaezth: Hi,
maybe you can help me. I bought Factorio on Gog and i love this game, but i often see Videos about Factorio 0.16.xx

Thats cool, i thought maybe if i change "Beta-Channels" to ON and select "experimental beta branch", and Factorio updates or more like down grade to 0.15.32...

Is there another way then to download it from the website an install it manually?
Probably once the devs decide the 16.xx series isn't so experimental anymore. Maybe you can nudge them with an email.
Balaezth: Hi,

Darvond: Probably once the devs decide the 16.xx series isn't so experimental anymore. Maybe you can nudge them with an email.
So 0.16.xx is stable enough for Steam but not for GoG?
Balaezth: So 0.16.xx is stable enough for Steam but not for GoG?
I'm only speculating.
Darvond: I'm only speculating.
yeah, i know... i was just wondering ^^
You could just redeem your CD key at the factorio website and bam you can grab the experimental builds.
Darvond: Probably once the devs decide the 16.xx series isn't so experimental anymore. Maybe you can nudge them with an email.
Many times developers will wait to send experimental branches to GoG because of the hassle of updating anything on GoG. They first have to upload to an FTP server and then wait for approval that's run by 1 or 2 people. This is why they'll wait for a stable build before uploading to GoG.
Post edited February 04, 2018 by Flesh420.613
Flesh420.613: Many times developers will wait to send experimental branches to GoG because of the hassle of updating anything on GoG. They first have to upload to an FTP server and then wait for approval that's run by 1 or 2 people.
Or not. LOL, "hassle" to upload to a FTP sever.
Is there any word on 0.16 being uploaded to GOG now that it is stable?
I just bought this game here on GOG, and installed it through Galaxy.
I could have sworn that it said version 0.16.24 before clicking the install button... but after it finished installing, it shows version 15.40.
*shrug* o_O
Just open the game from GOG Galaxy and in game click about and then click check for updates, latest version Is 0.16.36 don't get so scared when you update, It will quit for a few second and re-open by itself to the newest version
Just GOG Galaxy remains with Factorio 0.15.40
Don't forget, you can still updated the game even with beta channels setting off

Mad question: Where did you come from with those strange questions?

You guys should have a backup and test any kind of function to achieve what you want and post the bug If there Is as soon as possible!

Cheers newbies
It's still showing 15.40 . Is the problem with GoG or the developers pushing the updates to GoG?

Can you imagine a customer coming here, buying Factorio and then downloading 15.40, when on the Factorio site 16.36 (stable) is out? Inconsistency.

There needs to be a system, order. The mechanism to update Factorio from within the game does not work with the GoG downloaded version.

I don't care if there are no experimental versions offered on GoG, but the stable versions should be made available. If the Factorio people feel the GoG platform is not ideal, they should adjust their actions and messaging.
Yeah, I like Factorio as its a great game, but this GOG treatement is unacceptable. If they cant manage to update the game on the platform, they should never made it available on that platform. This way its scam on GOG customers.
I would never buy the game on Steam, so they only get my money because of GOG release and I expect the same treatement as other customers.
Post edited April 06, 2018 by spellshaper
Witernic: It's still showing 15.40 . Is the problem with GoG or the developers pushing the updates to GoG?

Can you imagine a customer coming here, buying Factorio and then downloading 15.40, when on the Factorio site 16.36 (stable) is out? Inconsistency.
I got your problem, It's GOG problem to update his platform (GOG Galaxy) but they need to be sure (GOG) that the game it's really stable, as I can see GOG give us quality not quantity, that means quality for long and legit tests so you as customer don't boder about bugs and stuff at the respective game (I know, we all need to wait some time) and the quantity It means fast update but you won't know If the game Is really good to be played.

From my personal side, thumbs up to GOG all the time, they gave us quality (slow) but sure they are not full of bugs, they test and test and test so we can not boder with stuff like "bugs/glitches" etc... In already buyed game, as I said on top.

Sorry If I was a bit harsh with all of you In this topic.

All you need to do, Is to have patience!

Cheers!
Witernic: It's still showing 15.40 . Is the problem with GoG or the developers pushing the updates to GoG?

adryanusboy: I got your problem, It's GOG problem to update his platform (GOG Galaxy) but they need to be sure (GOG) that the game it's really stable, as I can see GOG give us quality not quantity, that means quality for long and legit tests so you as customer don't boder about bugs and stuff at the respective game (I know, we all need to wait some time) and the quantity It means fast update but you won't know If the game Is really good to be played.

From my personal side, thumbs up to GOG all the time, they gave us quality (slow) but sure they are not full of bugs, they test and test and test so we can not boder with stuff like "bugs/glitches" etc... In already buyed game, as I said on top.

Sorry If I was a bit harsh with all of you In this topic.

All you need to do, Is to have patience!

Cheers!
Well. This make a sense. I just hope it'll released at all. :)