It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I am getting a little confused as to the order or if there is any order, in which the patches need to be applied.

I want to apply the unofficial patch so do I need to patch the GOG/Steam version to 1.01 first? Both dont have the version number in the options menu which means they are vanilla i.e. v1.0.

So, do I need to patch to 1.01 then apply the unofficial patch and whatever else I want?
NorBdelta: I am getting a little confused as to the order or if there is any order, in which the patches need to be applied.

I want to apply the unofficial patch so do I need to patch the GOG/Steam version to 1.01 first? Both dont have the version number in the options menu which means they are vanilla i.e. v1.0.

So, do I need to patch to 1.01 then apply the unofficial patch and whatever else I want?
The version distributed by GoG should be 1.01, verified by looking in the readme.txt file in the Evil genius installation folder:

========================================
Evil Genius - ReadMe
========================================
Evil Genius
August 2004
Version 1.01
ReadMe.TXT

So you'd install the unofficial patch on top of that.
Post edited September 05, 2021 by g051051