It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Andarvi: It is trough Galaxy
disi: Here what I did:
Installed Galaxy, deactivated all features where possible.
Had to sign in, import the game and update.
Uninstall Galaxy.
Clean user profile: in c:\users\<username>\appdata from all "GOG" and/or "Galaxy" folders.
Delete the "GOG Galaxy" folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\.
The Desktop shortcut will not work any more without Galaxy, but the "Launch Elex" from the game installation folder still starts the game now.

This means the C:\GOG Games\Elex\ELEX.exe that Galaxy installed, does not work without Galaxy.
But the original C:\GOG Games\Elex\system\ELEX.exe works, you just need to update the shortcut on the desktop.
Why did you go to all that trouble to install then uninstall Galaxy?...All you need do is to shut galaxy down after updating, and run the game from its native exe, EoCApp.exe in the game's "bin" folder--just create a shortcut to your desktop, or wherever. The game is exactly the same whether updated quickly through Galaxy or updated slowly through the manual method. You can do the same with any GOG game you own, actually--before you run the game, just fire-up galaxy, check for updates, then shut Galaxy down and run the game from its native executable.
No achievements for the GOG version?
disi: Here what I did:
Installed Galaxy, deactivated all features where possible.
Had to sign in, import the game and update.
Uninstall Galaxy.
Clean user profile: in c:\users\<username>\appdata from all "GOG" and/or "Galaxy" folders.
Delete the "GOG Galaxy" folder from C:\Program Files (x86)\.
The Desktop shortcut will not work any more without Galaxy, but the "Launch Elex" from the game installation folder still starts the game now.

This means the C:\GOG Games\Elex\ELEX.exe that Galaxy installed, does not work without Galaxy.
But the original C:\GOG Games\Elex\system\ELEX.exe works, you just need to update the shortcut on the desktop.
waltc: Why did you go to all that trouble to install then uninstall Galaxy?...All you need do is to shut galaxy down after updating, and run the game from its native exe, EoCApp.exe in the game's "bin" folder--just create a shortcut to your desktop, or wherever. The game is exactly the same whether updated quickly through Galaxy or updated slowly through the manual method. You can do the same with any GOG game you own, actually--before you run the game, just fire-up galaxy, check for updates, then shut Galaxy down and run the game from its native executable.
I do not want a GOG or Steam Client to install my games. Remember the LinuxGamePublishing Game-Launcher?
No?
Right!
ShadowWulfe: No achievements for the GOG version?
you need to be clapped at? if you achieve to play a game? in the past gaming we dindt get achievements and people were more focused on doing everything in the game possible then they said gaming isnt bad anymore so all the weaklings came online and they needed achievements because there minds were so simplistic that achieves where the only reason to keep them going on.... are you 1 of those simpel volk who cant do anything themselves? dont be in the hive mind..... :P
GOG is start to annoy me! When will be this last 1.0.2946.0 patch for no galaxy users! Steam always get it first! Can you give me the link if it there is one on the internet?
ShadowWulfe: No achievements for the GOG version?
It has achievements

Edit. Apologies. I had a brain freeze moment and thought this was an Elex 2 thread.

Checking the post dates might have clued me in.

GOG give us the option to delete posts so embarrassing things like this dont happen.
Attachments:
Post edited March 03, 2022 by greyhat