It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi All,
For some reason I have no recollection of the Earth Series of games.
I hang my head in shame...
However, I do own Earth 2160 (STEAM Digital copy) and I'm confused about where this game fits in with Earth 2140 and 2150?
When I say fits in, was 2160 the last in the series and if so was it not as received as well as the previous games?
I've found Earth 2160 to be frustrating and somewhat bugged on STEAM.
Am I missing out on some epic RTS action by making a comparison call with 2160?
Many Thanks... :)
This question / problem has been solved by Faithfulimage
Krankor: Hi All,
For some reason I have no recollection of the Earth Series of games.
I hang my head in shame...
However, I do own Earth 2160 (STEAM Digital copy) and I'm confused about where this game fits in with Earth 2140 and 2150?
When I say fits in, was 2160 the last in the series and if so was it not as received as well as the previous games?
I've found Earth 2160 to be frustrating and somewhat bugged on STEAM.
Am I missing out on some epic RTS action by making a comparison call with 2160?
Many Thanks... :)

Earth 2160 is the last in the line of Earth games. In Earth 2160 they really changed the way the game worked and played. This is especially true of building construction. In the other Earth games construction was like other RTS game many separate buildings laid out on the ground. In Earth 2160 it is more of building a tower with each component built on the last.
building units was fun and adding the items you wanted to your designs was always fun and needful in the game.
I found Earth 2150 the best of the lot but it still had it flaws. Not easy to follow the Campaign, building many units to see who's was more powerful, and the one thing about the Earth series is the uselessness of Boats in the course of the game.
You might enjoy going back a bit to the 2150 stage of games. I am considering getting the 2150 series, but I think I will likely stop there.
Also, if 2150 can be played online still it can be a blast.
Enjoy!
Post edited March 18, 2009 by Faithful
Hey Thanks Faithful.
Great information.
No problem man. I hope you enjoy 2150 more than you did 2160; I know I did.