It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Sakkraner: Thats why it would be first important to recall, what "broken in the windows version" exactly means.
korell: If I remember rightly, the broken (crippled) AI in the Windows version was basically that the AI did not build units or buildings in an effort to beat the player. Instead, it had the units present on the map to use, and it followed some scripted events, so after the player gets past the first set of difficulties, the computer then just rolls over and doesn't try to build to defend itself.
If you want I can stream my game for you, so you can see the AI for yourself. When this game released I did play it, but I was six years old, so forgive me if I do not remember exactly how the AI should behave :)
korell: If I remember rightly, the broken (crippled) AI in the Windows version was basically that the AI did not build units or buildings in an effort to beat the player. Instead, it had the units present on the map to use, and it followed some scripted events, so after the player gets past the first set of difficulties, the computer then just rolls over and doesn't try to build to defend itself.
Surtur: If you want I can stream my game for you, so you can see the AI for yourself. When this game released I did play it, but I was six years old, so forgive me if I do not remember exactly how the AI should behave :)
Can you upload a video to YouTube or similar? Just thinking that it could let many GOG users (and others, for that matter) see how the HD re-release of the game plays.
Delirious17: So...when are we getting the HD update again now?

Also does or does not the HD version have the A.I. problems??
Well, this thread shows a post that was implying that we'd have the HD version here on GOG by now, as it was posted on 15th saying GOG would get it in the next days.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/253860/discussions/0/666826250716083349/#c666826250727545296

Then we get a number of threads about AI issues. Seems to be a bit hit and miss. Some get AI working at times, but it seems that it is, in general, broken like the standard Windows version.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/253860/discussions/0/666826250824196331/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/253860/discussions/0/666826250899316599/

http://steamcommunity.com/app/253860/discussions/0/666826703425423618/

I'd guess that the broken AI is the reason why GOG are still waiting for it, but it doesn't appear to be good that the devs have gone quiet.

Any updates?

Edit: I just tried out the current GOG installer for this game, and it's obviously not the HD version. It does seem rather shady by the developers to announce that the AI is fixed in the HD version and that the HD version is coming to GOG, when neither of those statements seems to be true.

Edit2: When I just tried out the game, I realized how awesome the soundtrack is! Some of those songs are as if they were taken from the intro to an 80s TV show or movie, and don't sound at all like the soundtrack for an RTS game. Just listen to track 9, and imagine watching the intro to a movie or TV show where the camera flies over the city.
Post edited January 03, 2014 by Paul31286

Paul31286: Any updates?
I'm also waiting for the promised HD update on GOG... I hope the devs get their AI fixed HD version to GOG soon.
Any news on this?
Crosmando: Any news on this?
ANyone bothered to chase up the devs about their claim?
Oh really, I thought it a deal on the developers' part, to deliver the promises. GOG you really should push them to fulfill them!

(I need to play the game again in HD and ORIGINAL AI).

GOG, don't let it sleep!
This sure is a bummer...
The status on the thread should be changed until a real solution has been found.
So how do we email them a proof of purchase from GOG what form should it take? I'm assuming they want more than a screen shot of an account page.
TopWare games are in sale now. Windows Installer says that it is in version 2.0.0 It is still version with broken AI? I can't believe that broken game is promoted on the home page and given on sale..
Will there be an update on the Earth 2140 HD version for GOG? Right now I only see the old GOG version and the DOS version of Earth 2140.
IronArcturus: Will there be an update on the Earth 2140 HD version for GOG? Right now I only see the old GOG version and the DOS version of Earth 2140.
I guess not since it's been years, but I hope the HD version comes here one day.