It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So, today Steam has released Earth 2140. I already have the game here on GOG, but I noticed that the Steam page says their version supports resolutions up to full HD. Is this different to the GOG version then? Only the Windows version on GOG has crippled AI, but we also have the DOS version to run via DOSBox. Could it be that Steam only has the crippled AI version or have they got something new?
This question / problem has been solved by Adam23image
I think I have a very good news:

From the Steam forums from a developer of Earth 2140:

Raidor [dph] [developer] 6 hours ago
If you have an old Version of Earth 2140 - you can send a proof of purchase (receipt or Picture of the discs or manual or box) to Support@topware.com and request a Steam key.

Pawel (LINUX) 4 hours ago
How about GOG version?

Another question about AI. On windows version (eg this from GOG) AI is corrupted, only DOS version was OK. It is fixed here?
Last edited by Pawel (LINUX); 4 hours ago

Raidor [dph] [developer] 4 hours ago
it does not matter where you purchased the Version - as Long as you can send us a receipt. But the GOG Version will be updated within the next days. So you can decide, if you prefer to have it on Steam or GOG or both.

AI is fixed in the HD Version.

:))

http://steamcommunity.com/app/253860/discussions/0/666826250716083349/
Post edited November 15, 2013 by Adam23
Adam23: I think I have a very good news:

From the Steam forums from a developer of Earth 2140:

Raidor [dph] [developer] 6 hours ago
If you have an old Version of Earth 2140 - you can send a proof of purchase (receipt or Picture of the discs or manual or box) to Support@topware.com and request a Steam key.

Pawel (LINUX) 4 hours ago
How about GOG version?

Another question about AI. On windows version (eg this from GOG) AI is corrupted, only DOS version was OK. It is fixed here?
Last edited by Pawel (LINUX); 4 hours ago

Raidor [dph] [developer] 4 hours ago
it does not matter where you purchased the Version - as Long as you can send us a receipt. But the GOG Version will be updated within the next days. So you can decide, if you prefer to have it on Steam or GOG or both.

AI is fixed in the HD Version.

:))

http://steamcommunity.com/app/253860/discussions/0/666826250716083349/
Great news! :D
Indeed, really great news - always wanted to try that classic, but the AI/speed issues with windows/DOS version always detered me so far. Steam currently has it on sale at 2.49€...but if GoG gets that version, too...then I'm gladly willing to pay a bit more for a DRM-free version.
That is good news. =)

Hopefully they will patch up Earth 2150 as well so it can use widescreen resolutions without crashing, last time I played this I thought that this game would really benefit from widescreen if you re-arange the interface by using sidebars.
Strijkbout: That is good news. =)

Hopefully they will patch up Earth 2150 as well so it can use widescreen resolutions without crashing, last time I played this I thought that this game would really benefit from widescreen if you re-arange the interface by using sidebars.
Strange, I play the GOG version at 1680x1050 16:10 aspect ratio of picture, no crashes or anything. I customized the interface too to use the extra space. No problems found, I have not tested 1920x1080 yet. I'm sure Escape from the blue planet is working fine.
Someone could comment on The moon project and its stability. Some people complained about The moon project in older threads.
Post edited November 19, 2013 by crayvencorp
crayvencorp:
The game supports widescreen resolutions alright but it crashes once you bring up the research screen.
crayvencorp:
Strijkbout: The game supports widescreen resolutions alright but it crashes once you bring up the research screen.
I know that Earth 2150 has this issue, but Earth 2140? We are still waiting for the HD version of 2140 to arrive here at GOG, though.

Oh wait, it appears I missed some updates to this thread (I was away watching the Insomnia sale the last few days) and you were in fact talking about 2150 anyway. :)
Post edited November 19, 2013 by korell
Looks like the Earth 2140 HD version on Steam suffers from the same AI issue as the normal Windows version. At least for now, anyway. Maybe they will get it fixed this time? Could that be why it hasn't arrived on GOG yet?
korell: Looks like the Earth 2140 HD version on Steam suffers from the same AI issue as the normal Windows version. At least for now, anyway. Maybe they will get it fixed this time? Could that be why it hasn't arrived on GOG yet?
Really hoping that this either isn't the case or the publisher/developer of the HD version cares at least with a patch for it - what does a HD update is good for, if the AI is still as broken as before...?
Hi,

I own the Steam HD version and while playing that one I did see the AI built units and structures.
Surtur: Hi,

I own the Steam HD version and while playing that one I did see the AI built units and structures.
So does the AI work or not? Most users who discuss the game in Steam forums say that the AI does not work in Earth 2140 HD. If the AI is working why it is functioning only for some people but not for the rest?! Very confusing situation, I hope someone makes a video with the AI attacking him. This will be a sure proof.
Surtur: Hi,

crayvencorp: So does the AI work or not? Most users who discuss the game in Steam forums say that the AI does not work in Earth 2140 HD. If the AI is working why it is functioning only for some people but not for the rest?! Very confusing situation, I hope someone makes a video with the AI attacking him. This will be a sure proof.
Perhaps a misunderstanding about what "AI working means"? I have never played the game so far, so I can't tell - is the consequence of the missing AI in the old version that the AI is completely disabled (= doing nothing) or is the bug just the it acts very dumb or rather passive? Also it is possible the some users claining the AI is a problem might have forgotten how limited AI was overall at the time E2140 came out and compare it now to todays games.

Thats why it would be first important to recall, what "broken in the windows version" exactly means.
Sakkraner: Thats why it would be first important to recall, what "broken in the windows version" exactly means.
If I remember rightly, the broken (crippled) AI in the Windows version was basically that the AI did not build units or buildings in an effort to beat the player. Instead, it had the units present on the map to use, and it followed some scripted events, so after the player gets past the first set of difficulties, the computer then just rolls over and doesn't try to build to defend itself.
So...when are we getting the HD update again now?

Also does or does not the HD version have the A.I. problems??