It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

i have just recently bought this game. and its still as good as ever. however it does not support widescreen reselution... sort of. the game itself work fine. but! once i go in to the designe center, where you put the various parts you have discoverd together into a unit.. it crashes.

so i started fiddeling with the reselutions in the setup that comes with the games. i discoverd that the design center does work. just not on a reselution above 1280x1024x32.

i would however like to run this in widescreen mode. is this possibel in anyway? dosent have to be max reselution possibel. just wide screen.
This question / problem has been solved by Flemimage
sort of fixed. iw tested several reselutions and come up with this.

List of widescreen resolutions the game successfully ran at: 1280x800, 1440x900, 1152x720, 1680x1050, 1920x1200.
List of widescreen resolutions that were not tested: 2048x1536.
List of widescreen resolutions the game fails to run at: 1280x720,
1280x768, 1200x720, 1366x768, 1920x1080.

so it does work in widescreen mode just not all of em. this crash still only applyes to the construction center bug. the game works fine in all reselutions until that part.
Post edited May 26, 2011 by jurijchrul
Greetings all. To fix the game crash problem, first delete the gog supplied shortcut on your desktop, then go into the Escape from Blue Planet folder and left click Earth2150 application so that it is highlighted. Right click on that, then select send to desktop (create shortcut). Problem solved. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium with a max res. of 1366x768 on my laptop. Game now playes fine. Hope that helps :-)
Thanks for the tip, my game froze a few times and now its running like a champ. Love this game and im so glad i can play it on my new laptop, thanks again.
Randall415: Greetings all. To fix the game crash problem, first delete the gog supplied shortcut on your desktop, then go into the Escape from Blue Planet folder and left click Earth2150 application so that it is highlighted. Right click on that, then select send to desktop (create shortcut). Problem solved. I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium with a max res. of 1366x768 on my laptop. Game now playes fine. Hope that helps :-)
Flem: sort of fixed. iw tested several reselutions and come up with this.

List of widescreen resolutions the game successfully ran at: 1280x800, 1440x900, 1152x720, 1680x1050, 1920x1200.
List of widescreen resolutions the game fails to run at: 1280x720,
1280x768, 1200x720, 1366x768, 1920x1080.

so it does work in widescreen mode just not all of em. this crash still only applyes to the construction center bug. the game works fine in all reselutions until that part.
1728x1080 (pillarboxed 16:10 on 1920x1080 monitor) also works - it seems the game doesn't like 16:9 aspect on the design screen.

The game seems to be Vert- : there's no stretching of the 3D graphics, but you see less of the game than you would if you were running at a 4:3 aspect resolution.

You can counter this by zooming out more - to increase the maximum zoom-out distance press 'Enter' in-game to open the console and type "graph.zoom.max 19" (without the quotes), then press 'Enter' again to apply. I think the default is 16. You can use higher values if you want, however using too high a setting might make the game unstable and/or allow the camera to clip through the ground when tilted.

4:3 1440x1080
16:10 1728x1080
16:10 1728x1080 (graph.zoom.max 19)

EDIT: updated screenshot links (old image host ate all my screenshots :-/ )
Post edited March 26, 2016 by DreadMoth
@DreadMoth
Is the graph.zoom.max 19 setting saved after you quit the game or you have to type it every time you start the game?
Your solution seems like a great workaround for 16:9 resolutions which are problematic with Earth 2150. Could you please provide more details how do you use the custom resolution-1728x1080? The game normally doesn't provide it, you probably created a profile in your graphic card's control panel? Thanks about the new info!
crayvencorp: @DreadMoth
Is the graph.zoom.max 19 setting saved after you quit the game or you have to type it every time you start the game?
Your solution seems like a great workaround for 16:9 resolutions which are problematic with Earth 2150. Could you please provide more details how do you use the custom resolution-1728x1080? The game normally doesn't provide it, you probably created a profile in your graphic card's control panel? Thanks about the new info!
Sorry for the very late reply...

You can avoid having to type the command every time by creating a text file called "Autoexec.con" in the Earth 2150 folder (eg. "C:\GOG Games\Earth 2150 Trilogy\Escape from the Blue Planet") and placing any console commands you want to use in that file. For example:

graphrate 60
graph.cursor.size=40
graph.zoom.max=19
This will set the game to run at 60fps (which can have side-effects: UI animations play a bit faster and mouse sensitivity seems to increase), set the mouse cursor to a reasonable size and set the maximum zoom level to match the default 4:3 vertical field of view.

^Not sure if this all works with the expansions, I haven't played them yet.

I created the custom 1728x1080 resolution through the Nvidia Control Panel (Display -> Change resolution -> Customise...). Make sure the scaling mode under "Adjust desktop size and position" is set to "Aspect ratio" (or "No scaling" if you prefer), otherwise the display will appear stretched.
Once the custom resolution is created it should become available to select in the Earth 2150 Setup utility (Setup.exe in the Earth 2150 folder).

EDIT: The widest resolution that works on all interface styles for me is 1758x1080. At that resolution graph.zoom.max=20 best matches the 4:3 default vertical FOV.
Post edited May 23, 2018 by DreadMoth
the game crashes with any 16:9 resolution, 4:3 or 16:10 works fine
Just use nGlide for 1920x1080 and no F2 Construction crashes.
How do I get that resolution option to show up in nglide set up?
JasmineMoldovia: How do I get that resolution option to show up in nglide set up?
Hi Jasmine, your monitor/display needs to support that aspect ratio... join the InsideEarth discord if you need further help getting this setup.

InsideEarth: https://discord.gg/EvgQ8Dq