It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I dunno if anyone can help me or not but for some reason i cannot get any of the sound effects to work at all. I've been trying to read on the thread here for help but i seem to be coming up short. I have tried mounting the iso and it don't seem to do anything. sure it shows the folders and i've copied them over but nothing works.
Nirth: Any relatively stable nightly build that is recommended over 0.4.6? Also, what extra features are they adding?

Also, it seems higher resolution than in-game 1024x768 doesn't seem to work for me. If 1080p won't work, I would prefer 1280x720 to at least take advantage of the 16:9 format. I'm running with these commands: -nointro -nocd -vidsmooth -vidriver windib.
Play 1793. Read here why. Biggest advantage I believe is the much better creature assignment enemy keepers make, so on skirmish maps they become much better adversaries.

BlindStorm: I dunno if anyone can help me or not but for some reason i cannot get any of the sound effects to work at all. I've been trying to read on the thread here for help but i seem to be coming up short. I have tried mounting the iso and it don't seem to do anything. sure it shows the folders and i've copied them over but nothing works.
Sound effects or music? And have you launched keeperfx or gog-dk?
If you are using KeeperFX and want music, put the music files in a /music subfolder and launch the game with the '-nocd' command line option.
Nirth: Any relatively stable nightly build that is recommended over 0.4.6? Also, what extra features are they adding?

Also, it seems higher resolution than in-game 1024x768 doesn't seem to work for me. If 1080p won't work, I would prefer 1280x720 to at least take advantage of the 16:9 format. I'm running with these commands: -nointro -nocd -vidsmooth -vidriver windib.
Loobinex: Play 1793. Read here why. Biggest advantage I believe is the much better creature assignment enemy keepers make, so on skirmish maps they become much better adversaries.

BlindStorm: I dunno if anyone can help me or not but for some reason i cannot get any of the sound effects to work at all. I've been trying to read on the thread here for help but i seem to be coming up short. I have tried mounting the iso and it don't seem to do anything. sure it shows the folders and i've copied them over but nothing works.
Loobinex: Sound effects or music? And have you launched keeperfx or gog-dk?
If you are using KeeperFX and want music, put the music files in a /music subfolder and launch the game with the '-nocd' command line option.
Sound effects and I am trying to use KeeperFX. Music is np i've figured that one out. It's the sound effects i can't figure out at all. I got no voice for when i select a level then in game i got no sound effects at all. The music works just fine.
Loobinex: Sound effects or music? And have you launched keeperfx or gog-dk?
BlindStorm: Sound effects and I am trying to use KeeperFX. Music is np i've figured that one out. It's the sound effects i can't figure out at all. I got no voice for when i select a level then in game i got no sound effects at all. The music works just fine.
Ok, first make sure you are running keeperfx. That's easy enough to see. Run the game, and start a new campaign. If you go straight to the overworld map, you're running GOG Dungeon Keeper. If instead you get to choose which campaign to start from a long list, you've got KeeperFX open.

If you weren't playing KeeperFX, open the KeeperFX folder and run the launcher.exe or KeeperFX.exe you find there. If you were indeed correctly running KeeperFX, make sure you've got the volume slider not set to minimum and you have sound in other directx games. If you have surround sound on your PC, you can try disabling that.
When those aren't the problem, please share your keeperfx.log file here so I can help you further.
Post edited July 30, 2017 by Loobinex
BlindStorm: Sound effects and I am trying to use KeeperFX. Music is np i've figured that one out. It's the sound effects i can't figure out at all. I got no voice for when i select a level then in game i got no sound effects at all. The music works just fine.
Loobinex: Ok, first make sure you are running keeperfx. That's easy enough to see. Run the game, and start a new campaign. If you go straight to the overworld map, you're running GOG Dungeon Keeper. If instead you get to choose which campaign to start from a long list, you've got KeeperFX open.

If you weren't playing KeeperFX, open the KeeperFX folder and run the launcher.exe or KeeperFX.exe you find there. If you were indeed correctly running KeeperFX, make sure you've got the volume slider not set to minimum and you have sound in other directx games. If you have surround sound on your PC, you can try disabling that.
When those aren't the problem, please share your keeperfx.log file here so I can help you further.
I've made sure it's all the way up as and still got nothing. Could hear music in the options menu but no sounds effects and other game that use directx sound are all good. I've attached a screen shot of the log cause it was the only thing it would let me attach.
Attachments:
log.png (68 Kb)
BlindStorm: I've made sure it's all the way up as and still got nothing. Could hear music in the options menu but no sounds effects and other game that use directx sound are all good. I've attached a screen shot of the log cause it was the only thing it would let me attach.
Well, nothing to indicate any issues in the log. Do you have sound when playing GOG DK?
What's left is playing around a bit with your audio configuration in Windows, setting it to stereo, or headphones, disabling any 3D sound effects to see if it helps.

You could also update to a newer build, like r1793 or 0.46 Unofficial, but I doubt that would make a difference.
BlindStorm: I've made sure it's all the way up as and still got nothing. Could hear music in the options menu but no sounds effects and other game that use directx sound are all good. I've attached a screen shot of the log cause it was the only thing it would let me attach.
Loobinex: Well, nothing to indicate any issues in the log. Do you have sound when playing GOG DK?
What's left is playing around a bit with your audio configuration in Windows, setting it to stereo, or headphones, disabling any 3D sound effects to see if it helps.

You could also update to a newer build, like r1793 or 0.46 Unofficial, but I doubt that would make a difference.
Yeah i do when i play GOG verson but i don't much care for using it cause dosbox once in a while has issues with me. I will try and check out maybe seeing if going to a new verson might help or playing with some settings. Thank you so much for all the help
Running smooth. Cheers.
Took a little headscratching, but unofficial KeeperFX seems to be working well over here. Thanks for keeping this going, Loobinex!
Ok, call me stupid, but for the life of me I can NOT find the $£^*&! KEEPER folder! In neither the original GOG DKG folder, or the mounted .iso folder. Yet the KeeperFX launcher, etc. is meant for this elusive ''keeper'' folder, no? Could somebody please put me out of my misery? It's crippling.

XD

EDIT: because when I try anything without this keeper folder, I get the error list of missing files, naturally:

./data/bluepal.dat
./data/bluepall.dat
./data/dogpal.pal
./data/hitpall.dat
./data/lightng.pal
./data/main.pal
./data/mapfadeg.dat
./data/redpal.col
./data/redpall.dat
./data/slab0-0.dat
./data/slab0-1.dat
./data/vampal.pal
./data/whitepal.col

./sound/atmos1.sbk
./sound/atmos2.sbk
./sound/bullfrog.sbk

Seriously, all I can find are KEEPER.CFG and KEEPER.EXE (and some .ogg's). Files, not folders. Even when I search within, none of those files come up, but OTHER ./data/etc do. If someone has this folder with these files, could you perhaps share it? Google isn't helping much, just keep finding ''you need to select the keeper folder''.... Please help.

RE-EDIT: Nvm. For some reason, the KeeperFX was somehow 'wrong'. I did have to try downloading it about a dozen times, from a few different sources...it kept stalling at the same point, endless-looping or just stopping altogether, and it would not resume. But the 'unofficial' one works; suddenly data/sound folders were full, rather than empty. The instructions are very misleading, though. Extract to a separate folder first, then with the launcher into your DK folder. Not ''over top'' right out of the gate. And the ''keeper'' folder seems to be just your DK folder. It looks far better; comparitively crisp, with a bit of zoom-out. But my monitor is 3200x1800, so I need to adjust the settings for resolution and music, now. *fingers crossed*
Post edited February 18, 2018 by theanonymy
The Unofficial release should work without issues, on any resolution, Music shouldn't be any trouble for you either.
And yes, the OP should change the installation instructions, especially strongly advice against using official 0.4.6 with nightlies.

That being said, I know some people have troubles downloading KFX Unofficial from Keeperklan, that's why I provided the mirrors. One is an FTP server provided by the owner of Keeperklan, the other one is Mediafire, which of these mirrors worked for you and which ones didn't?
I can't get my KeeperFX working. When I try to launch KeeperFX.exe file I'll get this error message: "Setting up game failed.

This error in "LbBullfrogMain" makes the program unable to continue. See "keeperfx.,log" for details."

And on the log, there are following codes:

Dungeon Keeper FX ver 0.4.6.1834 (standard release)
LOG CREATED @ 21:48:54 22-08-2018

Sync: LbMouseChangeMoveRatio: New ratio 256x256
Sync: CPU GenuineIntel type 0 family 6 model 14 stepping 3 features bfebfbff
Sync: PhysicalMemory 32
Sync: Memory-demanding features enabled.
Error: LbScreenSetup: Full screen resolution 1280x960 (mode 29) not available
Error: setup_screen_mode_zero: Unable to setup screen resolution 1280x960x32 (mode 29)
Error: setup_game: Unable to set display mode for legal screen
LbDataFree: freeing "*SCRATCH"...done
LbDataFree: freeing "data/palette.dat"...done
Error: In source LbBullfrogMain:
2 - Setting up game failed.

So what can I do to make this game and Deeper Dungeons work? I have the GOG Dungeon Keeper Gold version.
Post edited August 22, 2018 by StormRider245
First of all, there are problems with the nightly builds. Did you try running it without the nightlies, and did that work?
Also, put the resolution back to 640x480x32 for a bit, to see if it's just an unsupported resolution.
Loobinex: First of all, there are problems with the nightly builds. Did you try running it without the nightlies, and did that work?
Also, put the resolution back to 640x480x32 for a bit, to see if it's just an unsupported resolution.
I do not understand. What are these "nightlies?" And from where I can set the resolution into 640x480x32?
Loobinex: First of all, there are problems with the nightly builds. Did you try running it without the nightlies, and did that work?
StormRider245: I do not understand. What are these "nightlies?" And from where I can set the resolution into 640x480x32?
You downloaded an nightly build, that's why in your log it says you got version 1834. The full release is an older version, you download and install that from lubiki(http://keeper.lubiki.pl/html/dk_keeperfx_dwnld.php), or download the newer but Unofficial release from here.

And you must have configured your resolution, because your log file also gives errors about setting up a screen resolution. In any case, you can use the launcher.exe to configure the resolutions, or just for now redownload keeperfx and take the keeperfx.cfg from that.
Post edited August 23, 2018 by Loobinex