It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Are you sure you are running KeeperFX and not Dungeon Keeper GOG?
Loobinex: Are you sure you are running KeeperFX and not Dungeon Keeper GOG?
Yes. I select the launcher and the KeeperFX window is shown with an option for "installation", 'Settings", etc.

When I select "Installation" it asks me to point it to the Keeper directory and when I do it returns a listing of files that are missing from game.gog.

At this point, I give up. Thanks for your help.

I may just buy DK 2 soon so that I can play with higher resolutions.
Post edited June 06, 2016 by TheSaint54
You said you have KeeperFX installed by placing all the files in your GOG game directory. Then you played KeeperFX and said you only had a low resolution,...

You could also have been playing the GOG release, which is also still installed, which only has the low resolution.
You recognize KeeperFX by having a choice of many different campaigns when you start a new one. If you don't have that or a 'Free play level' button in the main menu you've opened the GOG release and you should run KeeperFX.exe instead.
Not sure how you delete posts, managed to resolve my issues anyway,
Post edited June 08, 2016 by psymon85
Loobinex: Are you sure you are running KeeperFX and not Dungeon Keeper GOG?
TheSaint54: Yes. I select the launcher and the KeeperFX window is shown with an option for "installation", 'Settings", etc.

When I select "Installation" it asks me to point it to the Keeper directory and when I do it returns a listing of files that are missing from game.gog.

I had the same problem as you. Turns out I only extracted the launcher rather than the whole directory.
TheSaint54: Yes. I select the launcher and the KeeperFX window is shown with an option for "installation", 'Settings", etc.

kittydewinter: I had the same problem as you. Turns out I only extracted the launcher rather than the whole directory.
Thanks. I neglected to update this thread, however; I was able to get everything working. Thanks again for the reply!
i wonder if it is possible to use opengl for KeeperFX? because in dosbox we have opengl option.

for KeeperFX there is directx / windib only?
Post edited July 18, 2016 by svfn
I switched to KeeperFX for the grafics and bugfixes, but it seems, as though KeeperFX is working with the old crappy AI.
I was playing from the start again and the enemies would only wall themselves in, whereas the enemies in the GOG Version with the Deeper Dungeons AI were pretty aggressive.
Also with the newest nightly, 1826 I can't pick up the 4 starting Imps from the panel, switching back to 1821 worked for me.
Any Ideas on how to fix the AI?
CallMeEvil: I switched to KeeperFX for the grafics and bugfixes, but it seems, as though KeeperFX is working with the old crappy AI.
I was playing from the start again and the enemies would only wall themselves in, whereas the enemies in the GOG Version with the Deeper Dungeons AI were pretty aggressive.
Also with the newest nightly, 1826 I can't pick up the 4 starting Imps from the panel, switching back to 1821 worked for me.
KeeperFX does not work with the old AI, in general it should be better.

The latest nightlies do indeed have problems. The very latest, r1826 has the issue with the imps you are describing, but the builds before that also have some other serious issues, like Tunnelers that can breach your fortified walls or imps that can pick up specials from anywhere.
As there's been no development on KeeperFX for a year, and no signs of this changing any time soon, I've compiled a release with all the buggy/unfinished taken out and the functional features in. I've also reverted the creature changes to original and fixed maps that no longer worked because of AI changes and bug-fixes.

Download it , and see the changes [url=https://keeperklan.com/threads/5174-KeeperFX-Unofficial-0-4-6]here.

This version does have the massively improved creature assignment, so Keepers will perform much better. Try playing a skirmish map and see a massive difference. They will also be aggressive.

If the AI does not perform how you want, you can make modifications to fxdata/keepcompp.cfg.
Wow, this sounds great. I will give this a try tomorrow and make sure to post the results.
Thank you for your efforts.
CallMeEvil: I switched to KeeperFX for the grafics and bugfixes, but it seems, as though KeeperFX is working with the old crappy AI.
Loobinex: KeeperFX does not work with the old AI, in general it should be better.

The latest nightlies do indeed have problems. The very latest, r1826 has the issue with the imps you are describing, but the builds before that also have some other serious issues, like Tunnelers that can breach your fortified walls or imps that can pick up specials from anywhere.
As there's been no development on KeeperFX for a year, and no signs of this changing any time soon, I've compiled a release with all the buggy/unfinished taken out and the functional features in. I've also reverted the creature changes to original and fixed maps that no longer worked because of AI changes and bug-fixes.

Download it , and see the changes [url=https://keeperklan.com/threads/5174-KeeperFX-Unofficial-0-4-6]here.

This version does have the massively improved creature assignment, so Keepers will perform much better. Try playing a skirmish map and see a massive difference. They will also be aggressive.

If the AI does not perform how you want, you can make modifications to fxdata/keepcompp.cfg.
So far, everything works fine. I have yet to get to the deeper dungeons.
So if anyone is reading this, you can safely use the version recommended by Loobinex 2 posts above me without losing even the smallest bit of our beloved Dungeon Keeper experience or atmosphere. This is my recommendation, having played DK countless times and being someone who plays vanilla before trying anything else. PLAY THIS! :)
Loobinex: KeeperFX does not work with the old AI, in general it should be better.

Can't download, always disconnects after a short time..
W.A.S.T.E: Can't download, always disconnects after a short time..
Try the mirrors listed here.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yajvt2x877f7nvx/keeperfx_unofficial_0_4_6_complete.7z
W.A.S.T.E: Can't download, always disconnects after a short time..
Loobinex: Try the mirrors listed here.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/yajvt2x877f7nvx/keeperfx_unofficial_0_4_6_complete.7z
Thanks
Any relatively stable nightly build that is recommended over 0.4.6? Also, what extra features are they adding?

Also, it seems higher resolution than in-game 1024x768 doesn't seem to work for me. If 1080p won't work, I would prefer 1280x720 to at least take advantage of the 16:9 format. I'm running with these commands: -nointro -nocd -vidsmooth -vidriver windib.