It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Getlffe: I've installed it as advised by the OP (as far as I can tell), installing over the keeper gold folder.
yet I get the following error message

''Game files which have to be copied from original DK are not present''

The start button is thusly I guess greyed out. I can't find any information about this, at least info that I understand.

Any ideas

GOG version (sic)
win7 32bit
4gb ram

Thanks
Drinkwater: Start KeeperFX launcher
Click the lower middle button "Installation"
Navigate your way to the Dungeon Keeper installation folder, click the folder, and click the "Select folder"

You've probably done this, but it doesn't hurt to try it step by step again.
Thank you that sorted it, I must have missed that step. Shame vanilla saved games aren't compatible. Oh well.
Kruger287: Im trying to get the music to work and they said in the guid to mount the cue file but i cant get to mount
Re-download the CUE sheet and re-read that part of the guide. I made changes to the process to simplify it.

Now all you need to do is make sure the CUE sheet is in the Dungeon Keeper Gold folder, along with the game.gog file and converted audio files. You should be absolutely fine.
Post edited February 16, 2014 by devilhood
I take it from the readme.txt that game saved with the original (and the GOG.com version) don't work anymore with KeeperFX. Can someone confirm this?
Markhavel: I take it from the readme.txt that game saved with the original (and the GOG.com version) don't work anymore with KeeperFX. Can someone confirm this?
It is my understanding that the game save format is incompatible with KeeperFX, but I'm going to test now to be 100% sure.
Markhavel: I take it from the readme.txt that game saved with the original (and the GOG.com version) don't work anymore with KeeperFX. Can someone confirm this?
devilhood: It is my understanding that the game save format is incompatible with KeeperFX, but I'm going to test now to be 100% sure.
Is there any way to choose the level to start the campaign? I'd hate to have to do again the first ones all over again.

Edit:
OK, nevermind that, I worked around it by virtue of the command line. I used the -level x to start where I wanted, saved my game in KeeperFX and subsequently was able to load it through the menus.
Post edited February 16, 2014 by Markhavel
devilhood: It is my understanding that the game save format is incompatible with KeeperFX, but I'm going to test now to be 100% sure.
Markhavel: Is there any way to choose the level to start the campaign? I'd hate to have to do again the first ones all over again.

Edit:
OK, nevermind that, I worked around it by virtue of the command line. I used the -level x to start where I wanted, saved my game in KeeperFX and subsequently was able to load it through the menus.
Nice find. That makes it far simpler rather than testing save game compatibility :-) I started the game from the beginning because it has been many years since I last played it.
KeeperFX works but causes a lot of odd issues.

It seems to break the scroll bars in any menus (can't scroll down options) and the game's original campaign. The tutorial is broken and will not progress any further than digging out for gold, and the only mission that is unlocked with it seems to be a mission that's only played later in the game, skipping several vital missions along the way.

Only way to play the game for me is either by playing the additional mission packs or by launching the maps one by one through the free play mode, but the broken scroll bars prevent me from actually getting all the levels in the game.
Ganerumo: KeeperFX works but causes a lot of odd issues.

It seems to break the scroll bars in any menus (can't scroll down options) and the game's original campaign. The tutorial is broken and will not progress any further than digging out for gold, and the only mission that is unlocked with it seems to be a mission that's only played later in the game, skipping several vital missions along the way.

Only way to play the game for me is either by playing the additional mission packs or by launching the maps one by one through the free play mode, but the broken scroll bars prevent me from actually getting all the levels in the game.
The menu bars do scroll, you need to use the small up and down arrows at the top and bottom of each bar.

On the main menu, the cursor is the horned devil. Only the top left horn will interact with selected menu items.

I completed the first level Eversmile without any issues at all. You need to make sure you dig the gold, place treasury tiles wherever you want, dig the Portal out (directly west of your Dungeon Heart), create lair tiles so your heroes have a place to sleep, and a hatchery to eat, then fight the onslaught of enemies that are eventually dropped into your dungeon.

Once the mission objectives are complete, press the space bar to go back to the map screen. The second level Cosyton will now be available.

Make sure you update to the latest nightly patch because they fix bugs regularly.

If you have any further problems, let me know.
Keeper FX works fine for me but the game is WAY too fast compared to the original DosBox installation. Is there a way to limit the fps/the ingame speed? The fights are litteraly over in seconds for me...
VivaPapaya: Keeper FX works fine for me but the game is WAY too fast compared to the original DosBox installation. Is there a way to limit the fps/the ingame speed? The fights are litteraly over in seconds for me...
You can control the game speed in the Launcher.exe > Run options > Game speed

It should be set to 20 for it to run properly, so I believe that ticking the box should be sufficient to fix the problem.

Please test and let me know.
Ganerumo: KeeperFX works but causes a lot of odd issues.

devilhood: The menu bars do scroll, you need to use the small up and down arrows at the top and bottom of each bar.

On the main menu, the cursor is the horned devil. Only the top left horn will interact with selected menu items.

I completed the first level Eversmile without any issues at all. You need to make sure you dig the gold, place treasury tiles wherever you want, dig the Hero Gate out (directly west of your Dungeon Heart), create lair tiles so your heroes have a place to sleep, and a hatchery to eat, then fight the onslaught of enemies that are eventually dropped into your dungeon.

Once the mission objectives are complete, press the space bar to go back to the map screen. The second level Cosyton will now be available.

Make sure you update to the latest nightly patch because they fix bugs regularly.

Thanks for the indication for the scroll bar, it's a bit odd to use at first.

For the tutorial mission, the objectives never clear out and as such I can't finish the mission because the enemies are scripted to appear only when all other requirements are met - which I can't make happen because you need to complete objectives to get certain rooms.

EDIT : after trying again a few times and taking a few minutes between each step I managed to get the objectives rolling as they should.
Post edited February 16, 2014 by Ganerumo
devilhood: The menu bars do scroll, you need to use the small up and down arrows at the top and bottom of each bar.

I completed the first level Eversmile without any issues at all. You need to make sure you dig the gold, place treasury tiles wherever you want, dig the Portal out (directly west of your Dungeon Heart), create lair tiles so your heroes have a place to sleep, and a hatchery to eat, then fight the onslaught of enemies that are eventually dropped into your dungeon.

Ganerumo: Thanks for the indication for the scroll bar, it's a bit odd to use at first.

For the tutorial mission, the objectives never clear out and as such I can't finish the mission because the enemies are scripted to appear only when all other requirements are met - which I can't make happen because you need to complete objectives to get certain rooms.

EDIT : after trying again a few times and taking a few minutes between each step I managed to get the objectives rolling as they should.
No problem, the scroll bar is indeed very badly designed.

Nothing happens instantly during a level. The game will prompt you with an indicator if there is something missing in your dungeon.

When 0.4.4 was first released, I tested it briefly and managed to complete the first 4 levels without experiencing any game breaking bugs.
VivaPapaya: Keeper FX works fine for me but the game is WAY too fast compared to the original DosBox installation. Is there a way to limit the fps/the ingame speed? The fights are litteraly over in seconds for me...
devilhood: You can control the game speed in the Launcher.exe > Run options > Game speed

It should be set to 20 for it to run properly, so I believe that ticking the box should be sufficient to fix the problem.

Please test and let me know.
I had it set to 20 FPS, but it still was very fast and the mouse cursor is very jumpy. Gameplay stayed true (in its jerky way) to the DOS version at around 14, but the mouse problem persists. (In-game sensitivity is set to minimum.)

I've heard the word "Eversmile" like 100 times, tinkering with these settings. :)
Post edited February 16, 2014 by BuSyMan
I have a different problem. When I go to elect which campaign I want to play I just can't scroll the list; Any ideas?
Illael: I have a different problem. When I go to elect which campaign I want to play I just can't scroll the list; Any ideas?
Yeah, it's a weird scroll bar. You have to use the top left of the devil's horn to click the tiny arrows at the top and bottom of the scroll bar. Try that and let me know if you're ok.