It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Cautiously-enthusiastic salutations, compatibility-wizards of GOG,
I have an issue regarding a rare copy of "NUKE IT 1000", an add-on collection of a literal 1000 levels for Duke Nukem 3D. For starters, getting any kind of help ([url=]http://dukenukem.wikia.com/wiki/Unofficial_expansion_packs[/url]) isn't likely. The likelihood of anyone on here even having a copy, let alone getting it to work on a Windows 7 machine is small so I'll hold off on hope for now. Regardless, I should ask, or if anyone knows of any way to get it done.

Much appreciation for taking the time to read,
KGBeast
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Haha, I saw a copy of that in a thrift store down in California. I considered getting it, but figured that there were far better maps and mods out there than the crap shoved onto a disc in the '90's. Your link is broken, too.

Anyway, are you using eDuke or just DosBox?
doccarnby: Haha, I saw a copy of that in a thrift store down in California. I considered getting it, but figured that there were far better maps and mods out there than the crap shoved onto a disc in the '90's. Your link is broken, too.

Hmm. If you copy and paste the link it works for me. Clicking it doesn't. Odd.
Anyway, currently I am using eDuke. Just recently got the Duke Nukem Eternity TC mod to work with the updated eDuke.

Also, yeah, it probably is a bunch of crappy small maps. Like, 99% sure. There's sure to be at least a few good ones, which is the only way I can justify the migraine received from trying to get the bloody thing to work.
doccarnby: Haha, I saw a copy of that in a thrift store down in California. I considered getting it, but figured that there were far better maps and mods out there than the crap shoved onto a disc in the '90's. Your link is broken, too.

KGBEAST: Hmm. If you copy and paste the link it works for me. Clicking it doesn't. Odd.
Anyway, currently I am using eDuke. Just recently got the Duke Nukem Eternity TC mod to work with the updated eDuke.

Also, yeah, it probably is a bunch of crappy small maps. Like, 99% sure. There's sure to be at least a few good ones, which is the only way I can justify the migraine received from trying to get the bloody thing to work.
Oh, how I envy you. I have an ATI card, so the latest eDuke doesn't work for me, I have to use the previous, pre-polymer version.

Anyway, you could try copying the .map files to the directory and then either selecting them from the user map section when you start a game, or using the console command (map ---.map).

And urls, I would use {url=addyourlinkhere}Duke Wiki{/url}, being sure to replace the { } brackets with [ ].
Post edited August 30, 2012 by doccarnby
KGBEAST: Cautiously-enthusiastic salutations, compatibility-wizards of GOG,
I have an issue regarding a rare copy of "NUKE IT 1000", an add-on collection of a literal 1000 levels for Duke Nukem 3D. For starters, getting any kind of help ([url=]http://dukenukem.wikia.com/wiki/Unofficial_expansion_packs[/url]) isn't likely. The likelihood of anyone on here even having a copy, let alone getting it to work on a Windows 7 machine is small so I'll hold off on hope for now. Regardless, I should ask, or if anyone knows of any way to get it done.

Much appreciation for taking the time to read,
KGBeast
Yeah, this is actually pretty easy.

Here's what you do :
- Install the level pack to a DIR under the Duke DIR. Something like Maps. Just to make things easy later.

- To run eduke (or duke3d for that matter) with a custom map the command is simply :
eduke32 -map <themap.map> where you obviously replace <themap.map> with the filename in the level pack.

EG - eduke32 -map .\maps\NUKE IT\A-B\2009.map

- You can put the above command into a batch file (text file with the extension.bat, so 2009.bat for the above) to make it more convenient to run.

- If you want an even more generic version you could make a batch file called something like edukemap.bat and put the following in it :

eduke32 -map .\maps\NUKE IT\%1.map

and run it from command line in the DIR you installed Duke3D and Eduke32 to. Then to run the 2009.map you'd use that batch file tool like such :

edukemap A-B\2009 and it will do the rest.

Try that and let me know how it goes. If it needs to be adjusted it will just be by the DIR's you have everything installed to. Pretty insignificant difference.