It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

http://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-nukem-forever

You could not believe but this is what DNF meant to be, based on trailer from 2001.
Download DN3D when back from work, sound promisable.

No idea about quality but no suprise - it will be better than Gearbox crap.
SpecShadow: http://www.moddb.com/mods/duke-nukem-forever

You could not believe but this is what DNF meant to be, based on trailer from 2001.
Download DN3D when back from work, sound promisable.

No idea about quality but no suprise - it will be better than Gearbox crap.
First, DNF was never supposed to be on DN3D engine.

DNF is not crap but to precise: victim of too long development and oversized expectations, other are disloyal orthodox fans and douchebag reviewers. It has all: great music, good weapons and selection of levels + classic humor and gameplay with only slight changes (ego instead of health fits game style and weapons/bonuses couldn't be more improved). The only problem are questionable quality of graphics, but hey if you can play DN3D with classic graphics, DNF is not a problem here. It's status quo between old DN3D and modern one, but not so much, true 3D was probably shock value how reimagined game in confrontation with present days is (old game idea with pseudo-modern designs).
RPS writeup on the mod: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/05/01/duke-nukem-forever-mod/
thank you for the information.
will try this out immediately
This is not even feels complete (shareware episode long), however cute ending I'd say, nice reference to Dukeinators in T-800 way, new boss and way to use slimers. Still, nothing that can be replaceable instead of true DNF, just nice partial conversion to play.
Post edited May 01, 2013 by HenitoKisou
Well it's alright, but the map design could have been better. There are way too many invisible walls and it should be avoided in secret-heavy games like Duke Nukem. My secret detector was tingling all the time and it was a bit annoying.
Just finished playng this mod and I have to say that I quite enjoyed it. It was very nice how elements from the real DNF were mixed up with elements from the early DNF trailer, and it worked quite well.

Sure, there were some bits of the map design that I felt were a bit off and did take some time figuring out where to go, but there was nothing that kept me stumped for too long.

Only other points are a couple of bugs:
Some of the textures weren't quite aligned correctly, meaning they disappeared when looked at from certain angles.
The motorbike (which I very much enjoyed) didn't display its speedometer in the correct place and the speedometer pointer moved a few times leaving some trailing pointers to the side of it.

The length of the mod is quite short, but to be honest, I'm not sure I'd have really wanted it to be much longer. Though that may be more to do with me wanting to get back to my insanely large backlog.
anyone got this running in dosbox (not in eduke32) a modified version of the dnf.bat file pointing to duke3d.exe instead of eduke32.exe just comes up with errors in the .con file
jamiehavok: anyone got this running in dosbox (not in eduke32) a modified version of the dnf.bat file pointing to duke3d.exe instead of eduke32.exe just comes up with errors in the .con file
Well, the readme does state that you must use the eduke32 provided and not to use it with a different eduke32 version. The reason being that the version of eduke32 provided is modified especially for this mod. I'm guessing it has some additional code, then, such as the motorbike. As such, it might not be possible to get it running in DOSBox.

But really, as this is just an extract and play, why not use the provided eduke32 it comes with?
because i want to run it on my android tablet where i'm currently playing the original duke 3d from gog via dosbox turbo!
jamiehavok: because i want to run it on my android tablet where i'm currently playing the original duke 3d from gog via dosbox turbo!
Ah, I see, not using Windows. Well, you could always try copying the mod's data files (grp and con files) and using the relevant command line script to load DN3D with the mod's data files. However, there is no guarantee that it will work, due to the additional materials such as the motorbike.

Guess the best person to ask are the modders themselves. Drop a comment on the moddb page and see if they respond?
Not llkely. It uses custom version of Eduke and scripts made for that engine (after-boss section, dynamic camera, voxels etc) so vanilla engine in Dosbox won't work.

However except all new features that vanilla engine doesn't support it's mosty classic experience (software renderer and 8bit, 256 color graphics). Only difference is much cleaner maps rendering and clipping graphics, compared to much more gritty field of view and inaccurate light levels in original.
Post edited May 09, 2013 by HenitoKisou
yeah thanks guys, guess its not possible then! as i kinda said i had a look in the dnf.bat file which successfully launches the game in eduke 32 and it basicly pointed toward eduke32 with a few parameters, so i tried pointing it to duke3d instead it attempted to run but just came up with too many errors too launch! might just play it on my pc once im done with all 4 duke 3d episodes, currently half way through episode 2 and is getting much harder!
Here is an Exerpt from the 2009 DNF game that was to be but never came pertianing to Map17 (24th location) called "Fathership" which happened after the end boss in DNF we have today. The game took place between Sat April 1st and ended on Tue, April 4th with the talk-show wrap up epilogue movie/interactive story events.

Chronologically after the Hoover dam Duke hits a stripclub to relax and then gets a distress call from Bombshell at the EDF Base, this starts a major gameplay/story continuation which is the length of the first half of the game.

Gameplay is "Change in Gravity"
Battle is "Octaking"
Movement to next act is a Escape pod to earth
Movement to this act is telported from the teleportation facility

"With Graves and Bombshells help, Duke restores the teleporter power cells by controlling and navigating gravity puzzles. As time runs out Graves stays behind initiating the self-destruct sequence blowing up the entire base as Duke and Bombshell teleport to the Fathership. Once onboard Duke and Bombshell blow up key systems each tackling different parts of the ship as lights and gravity go out. Finally facing the Octaking they kill him in a tag-team effort. The Fathership explodes into the atmosphere as Duke and Bombshell safely eject in an escape pod returning to a war torn Earth with the co-ordinates to the alien world."

===============================================
This battle and story line was cut along with 10 other maps/areas in the new DNF :( the original timeline was fantastic, the story was incredible :(
===============================================

This is the taste of just one section of what we could have had . . .
Post edited May 11, 2013 by Starkrun
You know, it's not always possible or good idea to make game according to original scenario. It's understandable that final product will be changed and cut, many ideas will be changed and so on, plus this would need rewrite completed content in the game so further delay is even less acceptable.. Also most of current shape of Duke Nukem Forever is not Gearbox fault, they just got license to finish game under their brand, almost finished game abandoned earlier by 3D Realms was made by Triptych so it's them that changed many stuff, it was nothing with Gearbox if you read timeline.
Post edited May 11, 2013 by HenitoKisou