It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ive played though DNF 3 times now, i like it quite a bit... it feels fine to me, but i would have loved to play the game they wanted to make... i would have accepted the unreal engine version :P

This mod though, i cant wait to get it going... looks like quite a bit of fun!
Post edited May 11, 2013 by Starkrun
I might give it a try.

I didn't expect too much from DNF in the first place given its troubled history. I think it's good, but not excellent. I'd like a bit more freedom to explore maps and perhaps complete some of them in somewhat different ways for increased replayability. A branched campaign of some sort.
Is this the mod thats based of the Duke trailer that didn't actually have actual gameplay?! Where it's said they whipped together a fancy trailer to make it look like they were making progress?
darthspudius: Is this the mod thats based of the Duke trailer that didn't actually have actual gameplay?! Where it's said they whipped together a fancy trailer to make it look like they were making progress?
I think so, yes. The review on Rock Paper Shotgun shows the 2001 trailer and the trailer for this mod release and shows how similar they are. :)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/05/01/duke-nukem-forever-mod/
The only downside that actual gameplay is different than one from trailer bits (it had something else than old DN3D running and gunning contrary to what some people believe so) and voice clips in mod are rather poor (distorted words to the point of almost not being recognizable)
darthspudius: Is this the mod thats based of the Duke trailer that didn't actually have actual gameplay?! Where it's said they whipped together a fancy trailer to make it look like they were making progress?
korell: I think so, yes. The review on Rock Paper Shotgun shows the 2001 trailer and the trailer for this mod release and shows how similar they are. :)

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2013/05/01/duke-nukem-forever-mod/
haha so this is the duke nuke that should of been even though it never actually existed?! Amazing! It does look like fun!
Just finished it. Took me back to the joys of Duke3D. I wouldn't call it "The real DNF" or something like that, though.

This might be a bit OT in this thread, but does anyone have any hot tips about other Duke3D user maps (single maps or map packs) I should try?
Primate: Just finished it. Took me back to the joys of Duke3D. I wouldn't call it "The real DNF" or something like that, though.

This might be a bit OT in this thread, but does anyone have any hot tips about other Duke3D user maps (single maps or map packs) I should try?
start at the top rated and work your way down or just plink around at random

http://www.scent-88.com/mapbase/maplistings.php
I just beat it tonight and had a great time with it. Some parts are imbalanced; I'd literally run out of ammo, mainly on the tail end of the Mine level, but, for the most part, highly enjoyable. It was like reliving Duke3D all over again.

Highly recommended to all Duke3D fans.
I wouldn't call this the REAL Duke Nukem Forever personally, but it is still a lot better than what we have as an alternative.
I love Duke 3D. And I also love Duke Nukem Forever. DNF is the real DNF, they worked hard and I applaud them for finishing it. It's all personal taste, but for me it's easily the most fun and inventive FPS campaign since Half-Life 2 in 2004. And I've actively been waiting for DNF posting on forums since the late 90s. I had high expectations, they delivered on them for me.

I know some don't dig the game and that's valid too, we all have our own taste, entertainment is subjective. But damn DNF is an underrated and terrific game in my book.
Post edited October 09, 2013 by LaserFace
LaserFace: I love Duke 3D. And I also love Duke Nukem Forever. DNF is the real DNF, they worked hard and I applaud them for finishing it. It's all personal taste, but for me it's easily the most fun and inventive FPS campaign since Half-Life 2 in 2004. And I've actively been waiting for DNF posting on forums since the late 90s. I had high expectations, they delivered on them for me.

I know some don't dig the game and that's valid too, we all have our own taste, entertainment is subjective. But damn DNF is an underrated and terrific game in my book.
Hurry up and make some more posts like this! I'm not sure your message has gotten through to everyone. ;)
Post edited October 11, 2013 by Primate
Always bet on Duke. Groooooooovy
Post edited October 22, 2013 by LaserFace