It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello there,

Is anyone playing Duke Nukem 3D with a 360 controller? Is it done through dukeplus, or is it necessary to involved xpadder or similar software?

Thanks in advance for any reliable information. :-)
I tried using the xbox 360 controller with Eduke32, but it was horrible. The controller seemed to be recognized, but the stick settings were all wrong and I couldn't figure out how to make them work correctly. That, and the menu cursor would keep moving. I tried adjusting the dead zone, but nothing I changed them to had any effect. So, in game Duke kept spinning and strafing.

I can't find any information that says if the controller would work with dukeplus.

I'd expect you'll need to use xpadder to actually play with a controller.

There is an updated version on Steam called the:
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition

That supposedly has controller support. Obviously, that doesn't help us.
Post edited December 29, 2015 by hudfreegamer
hudfreegamer: I tried using the xbox 360 controller with Eduke32, but it was horrible. The controller seemed to be recognized, but the stick settings were all wrong and I couldn't figure out how to make them work correctly. That, and the menu cursor would keep moving. I tried adjusting the dead zone, but nothing I changed them to had any effect. So, in game Duke kept spinning and strafing.

I can't find any information that says if the controller would work with dukeplus.

I'd expect you'll need to use xpadder to actually play with a controller.

There is an updated version on Steam called the:
Duke Nukem 3D: Megaton Edition

That supposedly has controller support. Obviously, that doesn't help us.
For EDuke32 use this - https://github.com/aybe/eduke32/releases
How do you disable the analog on 360 controllers?
The cursor keeps moving by itself