It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Klei is saying that they're going to add multiplayer to this game this coming Summer.
At the same time, when multiplayer is released, the price of the game will increase to USD19.99

Edit: Bad link. See next post. :P
Post edited May 08, 2014 by floccipocci
https://kleisupport.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1543441-dont-starve-together---multiplayer-officially-coming-summer-2014

^ Working link for those interested.

I hope this works with the expansion. Multiplayer Reign of Giants would be awesome. :)
zaine-h: https://kleisupport.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1543441-dont-starve-together---multiplayer-officially-coming-summer-2014

I hope this works with the expansion. Multiplayer Reign of Giants would be awesome. :)
I see it says steam/ standalone versions so I'm hoping that means gog. I wonder how they'll go about bringing it to the gog version considering there's always people complaining that we (gog pirates) don't deserve such things.

I really hope LAN is an option.
zaine-h:
micktiegs_8: I see it says steam/ standalone versions so I'm hoping that means gog. I wonder how they'll go about bringing it to the gog version considering there's always people complaining that we (gog pirates) don't deserve such things.

I bet that it will come to GOG using the serial key already provided for the autopatcher as an authentication method.
micktiegs_8: I see it says steam/ standalone versions so I'm hoping that means gog. I wonder how they'll go about bringing it to the gog version considering there's always people complaining that we (gog pirates) don't deserve such things.

zaine-h: I bet that it will come to GOG using the serial key already provided for the autopatcher as an authentication method.
That would be the most likely scenario.

Whether or not it includes Reign of Giants will depend on whether they have to change ROG code or whether the existing ROG code will just work with DS multiplayer. Due to the way the game's written I'm betting on the former, which could mean a wait for multiplayer ROG (or not, depending on how fast their devs work). And if for some reason they don't have ROG multiplayer then you can bet someone will mod it in pretty soon.

Personally I can't imagine playing DS without all the new ROG content....

But it wouldn't surprise me if the "stand-alone" versions get initially left behind due to the developers using some bullshit that only works with Steam initially. We already get left behind as far as regular updates are concerned as it is anyway, so I hope they don't add to the delay with some crap like that...
micktiegs_8: I wonder how they'll go about bringing it to the gog version considering there's always people complaining that we (gog pirates) don't deserve such things.
What?!? Who are these "people"?!? Where do they live!?

I WANT NAMES!
Post edited May 10, 2014 by squid830
zaine-h: https://kleisupport.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1543441-dont-starve-together---multiplayer-officially-coming-summer-2014

it's not so much that they feel us meager GOG "pirates" don't deserve multiplayer(in most cases) it's just many games now use Steamworks for multiplayer and that, of course, is tied to Steam so Devs often strip that out from the DRM Free versions. When GOG galaxy drops it should remedy that but you will have to use Galaxy for multiplayer though, well games that use Steamworks or GOG's equivalent anyway.