It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
DevilutionX 1.1.0 and 1.0.3 have now been released.

Version 1.1.0 adds the following:

**Features**
- Propper widescreen (and other aspects) support
- Select difficulty in single player (remembered in the save game)
- Adjustable game speed in-game
- V-sync can now be disabled in the ini
- Better line drawing function used for the automap
- Support for loading custom Hell level maps
- Make all objects and monsters available to custom maps
- Added support for joining a game via hostname instead of IP

**Bugfixes**
- All bug fixes from 1.0.2
- You can now enter and exit fullscreen also when the game is paused
- [Amiga] Fix double-clicking in menu

**Original Diablo bugs**
- Fix some monsters AC and to-hit values on Nightmare/Hell ending up as 0
- Fix player base block resetting to 0 after loading a save game
- Correctly render trees in front of the player
- Fully render sprites that are larger than the floor tiles
- Fix objects disappearing when walking on the opposite wall
- Dupping via belt has been fixed
- Correctly detect if the mouse is clicking the world or UI in some areas
- Minor typography corrections
- Corrected name of Chamber of Bones in automap
- Correctly align the inventory slots

Prebuild for: Windows, Linux x86_64 (deb, rpm, raw), Linux armhf (deb, raw), macOS x86_64, Nintendo Switch, retrofw and rg350:
https://github.com/diasurgical/devilutionX/releases

Version 1.0.2:

NoteVersion 1.0.x is purely for bugfixes and is meant for players that do not want any enhancements compared to the original.

**Features**
- Support for integer scaling
- Controller: Map Start + L1/R1 to char/inventory
- Added `--save-dir` to allow for specifying the save game folder
- Correctly scale the game on systems with a non-standard DPI setting

**Bugfixes**
- Some cave levels were generated with an incorrect layout
- Firebolt mana cost is now correct
- Allow players to join Nightmare/Hell games without first creating a game
- Correctly load the full white color
- Correct navigation in the difficulty select screen
- The window can now be resized after exiting fullscreen mode
- Fix memory leak in audio code
- Fix hanging for 20 sec on the error screen

Prebuild for: Windows, Linux x86_64 (deb, rpm, raw), Linux armhf (deb, raw), macOS x86_64, Nintendo Switch, retrofw, and rg350: https://github.com/diasurgical/devilutionX/releases/tag/1.0.3

Note: There was a regression in 1.0.2 that caused the keyboard not to work in the menu, this is the only fix in 1.0.3. This issue did not affect 1.1.0.
Attachments:
Post edited October 11, 2020 by Anders_Jenbo
Anders_Jenbo: DevilutionX 1.1.0 and 1.0.3 have now been released.
I'm starting a new play-through with 1.1.0 -- Full Screen, Wide Screen and Integer Scaling (on a 1440p display). Just completed the first level, and everything looks and plays beautifully. Nice work, as usual!

Do you have any plans to include auto-clicking (i.e. auto-attack while the left mouse button is held down) in further QoL releases? I'm currently using an AutoHotkey script to do it, but native support would be wonderful for those not familiar with or technically savvy enough to use AHK.
Thank you :)
Ryan333: Do you have any plans to include auto-clicking
Auto clicking is definitely a consideration ration. I think the way we will do it is similar to how it was done in D2. Click the monster hold mouse, the player keeps attacking the monster until the button is released. Second click required to attack a second monster.

There are also a few other minor QoL brewing for 1.2.0, but the main goal will be Hellfire support.
When I was writing my initial response I thought: "I probably shouldn't ask about Hellfire support... he's probably sick of people asking about that..."
Anders_Jenbo: There are also a few other minor QoL brewing for 1.2.0, but the main goal will be Hellfire support.
LOL... well, there we go. :-D
Anders_Jenbo: Thank you :)
Anders_Jenbo: Auto clicking is definitely a consideration ration. I think the way we will do it is similar to how it was done in D2. Click the monster hold mouse, the player keeps attacking the monster until the button is released. Second click required to attack a second monster.

There are also a few other minor QoL brewing for 1.2.0, but the main goal will be Hellfire support.
That is awesome news!!!
Anders_Jenbo: Thank you :)
Anders_Jenbo: Auto clicking is definitely a consideration ration. I think the way we will do it is similar to how it was done in D2. Click the monster hold mouse, the player keeps attacking the monster until the button is released. Second click required to attack a second monster.

Wonderful. I really like the fact that you preserved the UI size in widescreen. I was wondering if you considered option to allow drops of multiplayer only spells books/scrolls in single player, just for flavor/completion sake (to allow empty spaces in player spell book to be filled) I know you could modify the code to do it, but maybe more people would be interested in this.
My good old mouse approves this post ;)
Mimicking the Diablo 2 behaviour is the best choice in my opinion.
Good too see that there is positive feedback on this idea
Sulibor: I was wondering if you considered option to allow drops of multiplayer only spells books/scrolls in single player, just for flavor/completion sake (to allow empty spaces in player spell book to be filled) I know you could modify the code to do it, but maybe more people would be interested in this.
I don't really think so, but we do aim to make the item list into easily editable files. I belive this is the code that makes it skip the spells for books in singplayer.
https://github.com/diasurgical/devilutionX/blob/ad2ac2aeeb851a637948158e9da4cba66bc8ac50/Source/items.cpp#L1705
Sulibor: I was wondering if you considered option to allow drops of multiplayer only spells books/scrolls in single player, just for flavor/completion sake (to allow empty spaces in player spell book to be filled) I know you could modify the code to do it, but maybe more people would be interested in this.
Anders_Jenbo: I don't really think so, but we do aim to make the item list into easily editable files. I belive this is the code that makes it skip the spells for books in singplayer.
https://github.com/diasurgical/devilutionX/blob/ad2ac2aeeb851a637948158e9da4cba66bc8ac50/Source/items.cpp#L1705
I understand, thank you. Good luck with your work.
Hi,

I noticed that game speed seems to affect the whole game. Would it be possible to have a similar option that only affects movement speed while in town, so that one doesn't need to go to the menu and switch that when entering/leaving town?
Constance: Hi,

I noticed that game speed seems to affect the whole game. Would it be possible to have a similar option that only affects movement speed while in town, so that one doesn't need to go to the menu and switch that when entering/leaving town?
The next version will have support for Hellfire where you can run in town.
Does that mean you'll only be able to "run" in town if playing Hellfire?
Constance: Does that mean you'll only be able to "run" in town if playing Hellfire?
Not necessarily
Hello there, I just wanted to reach out and thank you for providing a smooth experience to this old classic.

I absolutely adore this! The game in its old state is already somewhat cumbersome to play.