It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Okay I have tried much of what I could think of to resolve this but to no avail. Each time I launch the game it defaults to 640x480 and I have to change the resolution each time. I have tested with a 1440P and 1080P monitor it's still the same. It seems the text is hard on the eyes but when I click reset to default all becomes clear again but the defaulted resolution is 1600 x 1200 which is not native to me. I am using a gtx 980 ti and have no problems with any other games doing this. I am using the GOG Galaxy Client if that helps?

So I have done many things I have reinstalled video drivers, reinstalled the game uninstalled GOG Galaxy and installed it without it. I have installed it on my laptop which has an older amd Radeon gpufrom 2010 and on it the native resolution and refresh rate are automatically detected. Unfortunately the radeon in my laptop doesn't run the game too smoothly.

Back to my pc I have completed wiped the registry entry (backed it up via export first) due to it being a unity game it saves everything to the registry (annoyingly). On my PC the game seems to want to play in 1600 x 1200or 1600x900 if I select anything past this I will get a slightly lower refresh rate and each and every time I start the game it will default to lowest value of 640x480. This game just doesn't seem to play nice with my 980 ti

EDIT: If I select a custom resolution of 1080p or 1440p (depending on which panel I use) and set it to 59hz or 61hz it will save the resolution and not default to 640x480 every time. It will not save anything above 1600x1200 or 1600x900 unless I create a custom resolution or have to select my resolution every time I start the game. This is not really a solution.
Post edited June 20, 2016 by Uaon
Uaon: Okay I have tried much of what I could think of to resolve this but to no avail. Each time I launch the game it defaults to 640x480 and I have to change the resolution each time. I have tested with a 1440P and 1080P monitor it's still the same. It seems the text is hard on the eyes but when I click reset to default all becomes clear again but the defaulted resolution is 1600 x 1200 which is not native to me. I am using a gtx 980 ti and have no problems with any other games doing this. I am using the GOG Galaxy Client if that helps?

So I have done many things I have reinstalled video drivers, reinstalled the game uninstalled GOG Galaxy and installed it without it. I have installed it on my laptop which has an older amd Radeon gpufrom 2010 and on it the native resolution and refresh rate are automatically detected. Unfortunately the radeon in my laptop doesn't run the game too smoothly.

Back to my pc I have completed wiped the registry entry (backed it up via export first) due to it being a unity game it saves everything to the registry (annoyingly). On my PC the game seems to want to play in 1600 x 1200or 1600x900 if I select anything past this I will get a slightly lower refresh rate and each and every time I start the game it will default to lowest value of 640x480. This game just doesn't seem to play nice with my 980 ti

EDIT: If I select a custom resolution of 1080p or 1440p (depending on which panel I use) and set it to 59hz or 61hz it will save the resolution and not default to 640x480 every time. It will not save anything above 1600x1200 or 1600x900 unless I create a custom resolution or have to select my resolution every time I start the game. This is not really a solution.
I also used to have it. Within the latest update 5.2.1.1. it looks ok :)
Uaon: Okay I have tried much of what I could think of to resolve this but to no avail. Each time I launch the game it defaults to 640x480 and I have to change the resolution each time. I have tested with a 1440P and 1080P monitor it's still the same. It seems the text is hard on the eyes but when I click reset to default all becomes clear again but the defaulted resolution is 1600 x 1200 which is not native to me. I am using a gtx 980 ti and have no problems with any other games doing this. I am using the GOG Galaxy Client if that helps?

spheeze7: I also used to have it. Within the latest update 5.2.1.1. it looks ok :)
It's stil the same for me even with update applied, I just gave up seeing as I recieved no help. The only solution to it was to set a custom refresh rate. It's a unity engine game, a good game but with some problems unfortunately.
It seems like the client installs with wrong default settings. To solve the issue:

1. Find the GOG Galaxy icon on desktop (or, if you run from the .exe, find the exe)
2. RMB --> Settings
3. Compatibility --> uncheck: Limit resolution to 640x480, Limit colors to 8 bit (256 colors), Run in compatibility mode (Windows XP SP3).
4. Click "Apply"

It should work fine now. Be aware that some tabs and features names might be slightly different, as I use OS in polish version, so it's just a go-to translation.