It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rjbuffchix: GOG Galaxy 1 can be and has been used as DRM for many, many games here. It's not something to prop up as a customer-friendly feature unless that ever changes, which is highly unlikely. Other than that I agree with your sentiment. I did not know that about Galaxy 2 re: DOS. Addition/bloat of cloud saves/Galaxy features (for 1) have already made it so I do not download updated installers for those DOS games since I know the ones I have *just work* without adding in clients and internet. Which is supposed to be the point of DRM-free.
True, Trust me you stave off the up(down)grade as much as you can.

Unlike most here I type off the top of my head believe it or not (probably because that part of my brain got killed, Really not my fault)

At least tonight I'm not in TOO MUCH pain YET so yeah If you need a PM I'm here!
fr33kSh0w2012: Oh gee... Should we all hold our breathe? /Sarcasm
Randalator: Would you prefer they don't fix it?
No, Actually i'd prefer if they fixed it before putting it up for sale.
Post edited May 03, 2020 by fr33kSh0w2012
fr33kSh0w2012: No, Actually i'd prefer if they fixed it before putting it up for sale.
Yeah well, they missed it. Shit happens. But they promised the next best thing: fixing it. So why do you keep being toxic about it?
fr33kSh0w2012: [snip]
All fair and yes I do see the point about staving off the update since I do the same with a number of the games.

fr33kSh0w2012: No, Actually i'd prefer if they fixed it before putting it up for sale.
Randalator: Yeah well, they missed it. Shit happens. But they promised the next best thing: fixing it. So why do you keep being toxic about it?
Different situation but I am concerned they haven't (to my knowledge) said that about the Deus Ex Mankind DRM'ed DLC fiasco. Which isn't entirely disconnected especially when the releases were same-day. All of it makes a customer lose confidence in the brand which is not a good thing.
Post edited May 03, 2020 by rjbuffchix
fr33kSh0w2012: [snip]
rjbuffchix: All fair and yes I do see the point about staving off the update since I do the same with a number of the games.

Randalator: Yeah well, they missed it. Shit happens. But they promised the next best thing: fixing it. So why do you keep being toxic about it?
rjbuffchix: Different situation but I am concerned they haven't (to my knowledge) said that about the Deus Ex Mankind DRM'ed DLC fiasco. Which isn't entirely disconnected especially when the releases were same-day. All of it makes a customer lose confidence in the brand which is not a good thing.
Precisely!
Toxic about it (You smoking tea bags?) nah just PISSED OFF about it, They should know better!

You all misunderstand me all the time.
divisionbg:
HO-LEE-FUQ I though I was bad!
Post edited May 03, 2020 by fr33kSh0w2012
rjbuffchix: Different situation but I am concerned they haven't (to my knowledge) said that about the Deus Ex Mankind DRM'ed DLC fiasco. Which isn't entirely disconnected especially when the releases were same-day. All of it makes a customer lose confidence in the brand which is not a good thing.
There hasn't been an official statement in the thread but support has already replied that they are working on a fix.

https://www.gog.com/forum/deus_ex_mankind_divided/game_is_missing_the_outfitweapon_dlcs/post105
According to the database scanner they started pushing updates as of 02:50am -5 GMT

So someones in the office now ;)
Starkrun: According to the database scanner they started pushing updates as of 02:50am -5 GMT

Where do you get that information?
Was close to Insta-Buy it but then read this.
It's a pitty they gave no official "We'll fix it" statement :-(
So no buy, this sale.
OK Blue text'er out there now would be a great time to step up and give us your word on this DRM'd DLC situation!
Finally an official response:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/dungeon_siege_and_deus_ex_series_now_available_on_gogcom_f6c95/post521

They are working on a fix.
Post edited May 04, 2020 by racofer
Starkrun: According to the database scanner they started pushing updates as of 02:50am -5 GMT

racofer: Where do you get that information?
Right here: https://www.gogdb.org/changelog

but i have it on an Atom feed to my phone and PC with notifications of change updates that I use to trigger updates of my collection if it matches my personal manifest. i use powershell mixed with python with gogrepo.py
Post edited May 04, 2020 by Starkrun
Fun experiment, installing DLC and main game standalone Galaxy cant see the DLC installed by the offline installer. downloads 10GB of "unverified data"

edit: im doing a diff merge now at the binary level to see whats up ;) will edit results
edit2: they are 100% identical, but out of 191 files it only recognized 40 of them.
edit3: verified you need GalaxyCommunication.exe running at minimum and the exe unblocked.. NO interent connection just that EXE and the game executable able to attempt a network connection.
racofer: Where do you get that information?
Starkrun: Right here: https://www.gogdb.org/changelog

but i have it on an Atom feed to my phone and PC with notifications of change updates that I use to trigger updates of my collection if it matches my personal manifest. i use powershell mixed with python with gogrepo.py
Thanks for the info. It could become useful.
more good news, absolute verification of the DLC issue. They know and its being fixed.. no more 3rd party info, a blue said it!

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/dungeon_siege_and_deus_ex_series_now_available_on_gogcom_f6c95/post521

^^ right there <3 wahoo ^^
Very unfortunate news. I'm hoping this is resolved before I wrap up my Human Revolution replay.