It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I cannot rebind move forward from W to the up arrow key, it just says "binding failed".
As a lefty I cannot play this game with WASD so this is ridiculous.

Possibly a bug though since I can rebind accelerate to up arrow.
Post edited December 10, 2020 by MojoVersion8
Same problem here. You're off to a real stellar start here, devs.
I could rebind forward but I can't rebind move right to "F". I HATE WASD and play ESDF, and this is just a major frustration that should have been caught immediately for those of us to remap, regardless of scheme.
LaughingMan008: Same problem here. You're off to a real stellar start here, devs.
At least you two are in the game, most of us are still updating.
Seems you just can't use the up or down arrow keys. You can use left or right or any other key basically.. Same issue on other bind options, it's like the arrow keys are forbidden or something. Normally I only encounter this when I try to use the delete key, so not really sure what the deal is.....
Faeja_Vu: Seems you just can't use the up or down arrow keys. You can use left or right or any other key basically.. Same issue on other bind options, it's like the arrow keys are forbidden or something. Normally I only encounter this when I try to use the delete key, so not really sure what the deal is.....
Can you use numlock keys instead? Obviously not ideal.
I'm having the same problem, I cannot rebind the 'F' key, I get an error. I also rebind my movement keys to ESDF, so this is a big deal for me.
Yep my experience is now ruined by this, I CANNOT PLAY WASD it's extremely uncomfortable...what in the ever living fuck CDPR...
It's a bug. Relax. It happens. Find a fix around for the time being and they'll fix it.
lrreverent: It's a bug. Relax. It happens. Find a fix around for the time being and they'll fix it.
Aaand who says it's a bug? Nothing from CDPR that's for sure
lrreverent: It's a bug. Relax. It happens. Find a fix around for the time being and they'll fix it.
Any idea where the .ini file or whatever it is that saves the keybindings is?
LaughingMan008: Any idea where the .ini file or whatever it is that saves the keybindings is?
I found a config file in "GOG Galaxy\Games\Cyberpunk 2077\r6\config\settings\platform\pc" but modifying it made no difference.
For some reason it'll let me rebind my vehicle movement keys, but not my character movements, or at least to the keys I want, which are the arrow keys.

A matter of fact the entire right half of the keyboard is nothing but errors when I try to rebind the character movements, except from a random few keys. Now this severely limits me since I'm left handed.
I use F for forward, have in hundreds of games including Witchers. Can't in Cyberpunk 2077, LMAO. Oh boy!
Same issue here i cant rebind arrow up or down keys. I use these to move forward and back. Not good at all :(