It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
EDIT/UPDATE: CDP says this entire account is fale and denys it has any truth to it: https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/status/1346877421535035392

One of many sources, Quote below: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/778998-cyberpunk-2077/79177975/948379792

From a thread where supposed CDPR developer was speaking anonymously so take this with a grain of salt:

This is still very hush hush, but I'm fed up with this s*** so I'll disclose a few details.

CDPR hurt themselves to keep investors safe and sound. Now devs are hearing plans of a "No Man's Sky" style comeback due to late June. The first two patches should come out mid-March, despite what's been said by top execs. There will be major departures from the studio in the coming months. Dev morale is on an all time down and Sony is roasting our asses due to the gigantic volume of refund requests. There will be a meeting today with Sony execs to figure out a way to compensate players threatening with legal action. Sony Japan is specially furious.

More to come in the next couple weeks. Feels terrible, man.

There's no finger pointing as of now. Word on memos comes from the top. The directors and senior devs are taking the flak for the team in what I'd call "an honourable move". Just so you know, we still joke about a quest that got rewritten more than a dozen times, because a certain top dog wasn't "feeling it". It ended up being cut from the final product and should come on a later DLC next year.
There's people that get hired for whatever reason and stay in the company due to being "trusted by the top dogs". A good chunk of code is getting scrapped and rewritten from scratch. The intended game might be ready by June 2021.

That's already done and ready since February. It didn't get implemented because of a major UI bug that is still present in the retail copies. If you open your .dat files you'll find a lot of scrapped content still in there.
If you want a refund, please ask for it. It positively impacts us as devs, because we've warned the leads a MILLION times about that kind of s***. Most cosmetic overhauls should be ready by the 2nd big update, hopefully.
The update that is due to June will sort out all of the bugs. The code for the PS4/Xbox One is getting scrapped and done separately. PS5's code is an improvement on the PC due to the awesome dev kit Sony put together for this gen.

You'd be amazed by how much is already done. That "cut content so people finish the main quest" talk was all bulls***. Most apartments with "Closed (locked)" indications used to be lootable, we've scrapped 50,000+ lines of dialogue and I believe the June update will bring a whole lot of cut content back into the game.
Address the cut content as well. If they see that you guys are asking for s*** to be put back into the game, we might actually make the game we intended back in 2018. There used to be a huge underground part of the city that the public never got to see because it "looked ugly" to the execs. It was f***ing awesome and felt like the malkavian/nosferatu path on Vampire the Masquerade.

I don't want to hate on Keanu, but f***ing hell, our original Johnny was way cooler and sounded like a maniac. Think Foltest on crack. I don't appreciate his acting either, but he's a very nice man. Walked up to us personally to greet us on the first day and took time to personally thank us one by one when they wrapped up recording.

The word is his fee was actually manageable and the need for a Star Talent came from outside CDPR. The execs complied, because who the f*** knows? It sucks.

Our original Johnny was heavily inspired by David Hayter's Solid Snake from the first MGS and believe it or not, Cillian Murphy

There was a whole AI routine with minor gang violence in those areas. Stuff you could sit back and watch unfold or directly influence. There was also a lot of drug use with kids that eventually got cut due to inside censorship. There were priests and hare krishna side arcs that got cut due to censorship. Miles wrote a sidequest where a Max Tac officer offed himself and you could take its place but it created such a complex detour from everything tonally that it got cut as well. I hope it comes back, because it felt amazing to get into their headquarters and hack s***. You'd see the police trying to operate and breaking down mid-arrest due to your shenanigans.

Might sound weird, but the disaster launch was actually something beneficial, from our perspective. A cold shower sets priorities straight and so we're able to resume work on what was originally intended without having those f***ers breathing down our necks to publish.

I believe it was due to miscommunication and leads not setting goals like they should. The game was jumbled together for 2019's E3. The last dev comp before the scrap was 160Gb alone. There should be some whistleblowing in the coming weeks if the step downs

Series X was a mere rewrite of code and load orders. Next-gen's architecture is actually very good for ports. It's company policy to release when a game runs without debug hitches and the reason why it did baffles me and is the reason why I started this thread. It's a mix of hubris and deep incompetence from some big names around here. I'm going home for the holidays and really thinking about my friends who will be in the office for the next couple months redoing scrapped work without being able to say "I f***ING TOLD YOU!!! This is your fault, Boss". Next E3 will be bizarre for CDPR, I bet.

We've scrapped two whole arcs because the mission cleaned a save due to a bug with character placement. We've also scrapped a big portion of the underground and sewers because of bugs. Night City had three different types of cab besides Villefort and drivers would hold whole conversations and give quests. That also had to be scrapped.

Police pathfinding script worked wonderfully until somebody screwed the pooch. All I know it is already being fixed. It was a major oversight, of course.

Morgan Blackhand's backstory and a nod to the Coporate Wars. The DLC's will add a lot to the crazy and cool ideas Mike gave us when we began briefing the project. You guys should have the complete game by the end of next year, if everything goes well. I really gotta go now. Take care.

So yeah, the game was butchered
Post edited January 07, 2021 by Starkrun
I kind of hope the game was cut and butchered. That would give me a hope that there will be a lot of stuff added, especially to the life paths and the beginning of the game. It all seems so rushed up until you get the Rescue quest.
Nice read. I feel bad for the people that worked hard on this just to have a shit version released. I don't know how you get moral back after that. Maybe I'll be able to play a finished version of this game someday.
Starkrun: ...
Like the other similar post it's impossible to tell if it's true or pure fiction. Honestly I would take that with a huge grain of salt.

There is also something especially weird :
There will be a meeting today with Sony execs to figure out a way to compensate players threatening with legal action. Sony Japan is specially furious.
Compensate players for what ? There was already a full refund offered, it's not like player can sue for "moral injury".
Starkrun: One of many sources, Quote below: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/778998-cyberpunk-2077/79177975/948379792

From a thread where supposed CDPR developer was speaking anonymously so take this with a grain of salt:

This is still very hush hush, but I'm fed up with this s*** so I'll disclose a few details.

CDPR hurt themselves to keep investors safe and sound. Now devs are hearing plans of a "No Man's Sky" style comeback due to late June. The first two patches should come out mid-March, despite what's been said by top execs. There will be major departures from the studio in the coming months. Dev morale is on an all time down and Sony is roasting our asses due to the gigantic volume of refund requests. There will be a meeting today with Sony execs to figure out a way to compensate players threatening with legal action. Sony Japan is specially furious.

More to come in the next couple weeks. Feels terrible, man.

There's no finger pointing as of now. Word on memos comes from the top. The directors and senior devs are taking the flak for the team in what I'd call "an honourable move". Just so you know, we still joke about a quest that got rewritten more than a dozen times, because a certain top dog wasn't "feeling it". It ended up being cut from the final product and should come on a later DLC next year.
Starkrun: There's people that get hired for whatever reason and stay in the company due to being "trusted by the top dogs". A good chunk of code is getting scrapped and rewritten from scratch. The intended game might be ready by June 2021.

That's already done and ready since February. It didn't get implemented because of a major UI bug that is still present in the retail copies. If you open your .dat files you'll find a lot of scrapped content still in there.
If you want a refund, please ask for it. It positively impacts us as devs, because we've warned the leads a MILLION times about that kind of s***. Most cosmetic overhauls should be ready by the 2nd big update, hopefully.
Starkrun: The update that is due to June will sort out all of the bugs. The code for the PS4/Xbox One is getting scrapped and done separately. PS5's code is an improvement on the PC due to the awesome dev kit Sony put together for this gen.

You'd be amazed by how much is already done. That "cut content so people finish the main quest" talk was all bulls***. Most apartments with "Closed (locked)" indications used to be lootable, we've scrapped 50,000+ lines of dialogue and I believe the June update will bring a whole lot of cut content back into the game.
Starkrun: Address the cut content as well. If they see that you guys are asking for s*** to be put back into the game, we might actually make the game we intended back in 2018. There used to be a huge underground part of the city that the public never got to see because it "looked ugly" to the execs. It was f***ing awesome and felt like the malkavian/nosferatu path on Vampire the Masquerade.

I don't want to hate on Keanu, but f***ing hell, our original Johnny was way cooler and sounded like a maniac. Think Foltest on crack. I don't appreciate his acting either, but he's a very nice man. Walked up to us personally to greet us on the first day and took time to personally thank us one by one when they wrapped up recording.

The word is his fee was actually manageable and the need for a Star Talent came from outside CDPR. The execs complied, because who the f*** knows? It sucks.

Our original Johnny was heavily inspired by David Hayter's Solid Snake from the first MGS and believe it or not, Cillian Murphy

There was a whole AI routine with minor gang violence in those areas. Stuff you could sit back and watch unfold or directly influence. There was also a lot of drug use with kids that eventually got cut due to inside censorship. There were priests and hare krishna side arcs that got cut due to censorship. Miles wrote a sidequest where a Max Tac officer offed himself and you could take its place but it created such a complex detour from everything tonally that it got cut as well. I hope it comes back, because it felt amazing to get into their headquarters and hack s***. You'd see the police trying to operate and breaking down mid-arrest due to your shenanigans.

Might sound weird, but the disaster launch was actually something beneficial, from our perspective. A cold shower sets priorities straight and so we're able to resume work on what was originally intended without having those f***ers breathing down our necks to publish.

I believe it was due to miscommunication and leads not setting goals like they should. The game was jumbled together for 2019's E3. The last dev comp before the scrap was 160Gb alone. There should be some whistleblowing in the coming weeks if the step downs

Series X was a mere rewrite of code and load orders. Next-gen's architecture is actually very good for ports. It's company policy to release when a game runs without debug hitches and the reason why it did baffles me and is the reason why I started this thread. It's a mix of hubris and deep incompetence from some big names around here. I'm going home for the holidays and really thinking about my friends who will be in the office for the next couple months redoing scrapped work without being able to say "I f***ING TOLD YOU!!! This is your fault, Boss". Next E3 will be bizarre for CDPR, I bet.

We've scrapped two whole arcs because the mission cleaned a save due to a bug with character placement. We've also scrapped a big portion of the underground and sewers because of bugs. Night City had three different types of cab besides Villefort and drivers would hold whole conversations and give quests. That also had to be scrapped.

Police pathfinding script worked wonderfully until somebody screwed the pooch. All I know it is already being fixed. It was a major oversight, of course.

Morgan Blackhand's backstory and a nod to the Coporate Wars. The DLC's will add a lot to the crazy and cool ideas Mike gave us when we began briefing the project. You guys should have the complete game by the end of next year, if everything goes well. I really gotta go now. Take care.

So yeah, the game was butchered
If thi is a real developer talking the true, damn, what a motherfucker CEO, plus his partners on the top of the company´s food chain.

June of 2021? I doubt the same assholes are not going to put pressure to accelerate the crap out.
I think that post is totally bullshit, for one single reason, there's no mention to censorship other than kids doing drugs and priests or hare krishna. There is no mention to male strippers being totally clothed like regular NPC's, nipple pasties everywhere, not being able to look at your own dong and being forced to use underwear even on photo mode and 1st person view.

So no, that alone makes it smells like bullshit. I don't think an "anonymous" dev would just ignore the fact a lot of nudity and sexual content has been scrapped as well, it's just bullshit.

The red light district is family friendly, for fuck's sake.

That post is just someone pouring his/her views (with wich I concur to some extent) and frustration for lack of better entertainment and/or better things to do.
Post edited January 04, 2021 by JAD2012
JAD2012: I think that post is totally bullshit, for one single reason, there's no mention to censorship other than kids doing drugs and priests or hare krishna. There is no mention to male strippers being totally clothed like regular NPC's, nipple pasties everywhere, not being able to look at your own dong and being forced to use underwear even on photo mode and 1st person view.

So no, that alone makes it smells like bullshit. I don't think an "anonymous" dev would just ignore the fact a lot of nudity and sexual content has been scrapped as well, it's just bullshit.

That post is just someone pouring his/her views (with wich I concur to some extent) and frustration for lack of better entertainment and/or better things to do.
That's just graphics and pretty mandatory as well, since CDPR wants to have the same game on console and PC. They could do a mature PC version, obviously, but getting that approved by Sony seems unlikely.

I think the best bet we have is something like what Creative Assembly is doing with their blood and gore DLCs, a super cheap "red lights" DLC that allows players to turn off the pg13-mode.
JAD2012: I think that post is totally bullshit, for one single reason, there's no mention to censorship other than kids doing drugs and priests or hare krishna. There is no mention to male strippers being totally clothed like regular NPC's, nipple pasties everywhere, not being able to look at your own dong and being forced to use underwear even on photo mode and 1st person view.

Arachnarok_Rider: That's just graphics and pretty mandatory as well, since CDPR wants to have the same game on console and PC. They could do a mature PC version, obviously, but getting that approved by Sony seems unlikely.

I think the best bet we have is something like what Creative Assembly is doing with their blood and gore DLCs, a super cheap "red lights" DLC that allows players to turn off the pg13-mode.
It's not just mandatory, it's literally Sony's contract agreement, they demand censorship all the time BEYOND the ESRB's rating, Microsoft only will step in if it's Adults Only, but Sony goes a little further and Nintendo goes further stil, then you've got national contractual agreements in specific territories, for again, censorship. So, like you said PC later, AFTER console sales contracts have run out, they can then put the uncut version ON the PC.

This is why console sales are absolutely pointless if you want adult content, the BIG three make you sign contract to not even discuss what they demand removed for one, and two, even beyond this corporate crap, you've got national laws to contend with in some places, too.
No Man sky style not gonna work with this game

NMS is a very specific genre game not many exist in this specific genre
while their are like what 1000's of shooter games out there CP have nothing special or specific their is no coming back from the grave here.
Post smells like general player whining. The bit about Keanu Reeves as Johnny is laughable: one of the biggest hype conductors for the game was having Keanu in it in the first place.
This "leak" is such a PR stunt...just something to quelch the shareholders and customers...nothing new that we already didn't know and concrete ...sure there will be updates.
Do what you have to do.
Where's the part about Flying Vehicles such as Taxis etc to the hidden apartment across from Mega10 ????
It has a landing pad why no Flying vehicles.
Abishia: No Man sky style not gonna work with this game

NMS is a very specific genre game not many exist in this specific genre
while their are like what 1000's of shooter games out there CP have nothing special or specific their is no coming back from the grave here.
I tend to agree A MAJOR league buckup. It's hard to see how it could of happened. Just to bad.
assuming this is real leak and not some fantasy essay, still it does not reflect what exactly CDPR gonna do about key issues. cut content, lootable rooms are just a filler, extra pile of garbage on top of the existing big pile.
what they gonna do with AI, balance, performance?
it seems like CDPR devs took us for money bags just like their leadership. Pay 60 bucks now, get buggy unfinished alpha now and we have plans, wait 6 months to 1 year, we'll give you couple of DLCs.
I kept money for CP2077 till the release date, then I figured out I'll better spend it elsewhere and got complete upgrade pack for Elder Scrolls Online and last Deus Ex for a change. Now I feel it was pretty good deal as for the same money I've got massive MMO RPG that will entertain me for years and decent game in cyber setting. People who paid for CP2077 upfront now have to put the game down and wait for mythical improvements but by the time it can be improved up to playable game it will cost half of the current price. CDPR dev believes this is acceptable and nothing to worry about. Must be to busy shifting blame to higher ups, can't see the whole picture.

We've scrapped two whole arcs because the mission cleaned a save due to a bug with character placement. We've also scrapped a big portion of the underground and sewers because of bugs.

this is how things getting fixed. bugs? don't debug, just cut. then we'll release this bugfest as new DLC
CDPR seriously lacks proper coding specialists. if you wrote a code and it has bugs you must have an expertise to fix it. There's set of tools that will help to do so. If they prefer to cut content instead of fixing it it speaks volumes about their ability do deliver bug free game.
Post edited January 04, 2021 by djoxyk
djoxyk: this is how things getting fixed. bugs? don't debug, just cut. then we'll release this bugfest as new DLC
CDPR seriously lacks proper coding specialists. if you wrote a code and it has bugs you must have an expertise to fix it. There's set of tools that will help to do so. If they prefer to cut content instead of fixing it it speaks volumes about their ability do deliver bug free game.
Actually yes it is.

It's something very common in software development that usually happen during backlog grooming, when you have bugs in a non mandatory feature and you are tight on schedule, it's a pretty common practice to simply decide to get rid of it for the time being and maybe add it back later when you have the time to fix it.

And it's not just for bug but also for unfinished or even simply untested features.