It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This game, being older than the HDMI craze, have troubles on its video settings, at least in its x64 DX10 version, outputting 1080i instead of 1080p for people using 1920x1080. And yes, at 24 Hz (24 fps in practical terms) the game is not fun.

The fix I use for this is creating a custom resolution, very near to 1080p, so close that the monitor recognizes it but still outputs 1080p.

I use an Nvidia card and Windows in spanish, so I'll try my best to translate the options in Nvidia's Control Panel. Hope AMD users are advanced enough to know how to do this in their options.

In Nvidia Control Panel, go to Display -> Change resolution. Click on "Custom...", "Create custom resolution..." and in the horizontal pixels subtract 1, meaning it should be set as 1919. Test it just in case, and if it works, save it. If not, begin testing by adding or subtracting 1 to horizontal or vertical pixels so your monitor accepts the resolution but in practice is outputting 1080p.

Then, create a shortcut to (game_installation)/Bin64/Crysis.exe, and to this, force the resolution you just created using the +r_Width= and +r_Height= parameters. As a reference, this is mine:

D:\Games\GalaxyClient\Games\Crysis\Bin64\Crysis.exe +r_Width=1919 +r_Height=1080

Obviously you must change the executable path, and the numbers if you changed the amount of pixels in the custom resolution.

I don't know it this would help in troubles with higher resolutions, but it's worth a try.
Hope this helps someone else.
Protocultor: This game, being older than the HDMI craze, have troubles on its video settings, at least in its x64 DX10 version, outputting 1080i instead of 1080p for people using 1920x1080. And yes, at 24 Hz (24 fps in practical terms) the game is not fun.

The fix I use for this is creating a custom resolution, very near to 1080p, so close that the monitor recognizes it but still outputs 1080p.

I use an Nvidia card and Windows in spanish, so I'll try my best to translate the options in Nvidia's Control Panel. Hope AMD users are advanced enough to know how to do this in their options.

In Nvidia Control Panel, go to Display -> Change resolution. Click on "Custom...", "Create custom resolution..." and in the horizontal pixels subtract 1, meaning it should be set as 1919. Test it just in case, and if it works, save it. If not, begin testing by adding or subtracting 1 to horizontal or vertical pixels so your monitor accepts the resolution but in practice is outputting 1080p.

Then, create a shortcut to (game_installation)/Bin64/Crysis.exe, and to this, force the resolution you just created using the +r_Width= and +r_Height= parameters. As a reference, this is mine:

D:\Games\GalaxyClient\Games\Crysis\Bin64\Crysis.exe +r_Width=1919 +r_Height=1080

Obviously you must change the executable path, and the numbers if you changed the amount of pixels in the custom resolution.

I don't know it this would help in troubles with higher resolutions, but it's worth a try.
Hope this helps someone else.
This screws the color management for me, i get an oversaturated picture.
I've found 1916x1080 to be more reliable, along with variants that have the same aspect ratio. For example, standard 4K has the same 24 fps problem, but creating a custom resolution of 3832x2160 works just fine. I wish GOG could work with EA or Crytek to come up with a permanent fix that didn't require such a workaround.
Post edited November 01, 2016 by saturnotaku
It seems the Cryengine always chooses the lowest refresh rate available for the chosen resolution. On my laptop, all available resolutions are available both in 40 Hz and 60 Hz and Crysis Warhead runs @40 Hz. I tried that custom resolution trick, but despite having an Nvidia card I have to do this through the Intel integrated GPU control panel which automatically converts the resolution to 1920x1080 in the config, hence it doesn't work.

As another workaround, It's possible to run the program windowed, in which case the game will use the current desktop refresh rate. It's even possible to run it in a borderless window with this program, however I noticed the mouse pointer gets shifted one millimeter under what it's really pointing (on my 17'' 16/9 laptop screen) when the game's windowed (borderless or not). No big deal, I know, but still deserves to be mentioned...
Just wanted to say, that this also works with AMD cards. In radeon settings you have to go to settings/advanced settings. There you can set custom resolutions. I've tried 1920x1078 and it works nice.
Just want to say I have zero problems with 1920x1080. It runs at that resolution in 60fps just fine. No need to play with .ini files, just run the game as normal.

Desktop PC
Full screen
Windows 10 64bit
Using the 64bit DX10 .exe
Players on a standard desktop monitor on a desktop PC usually don't have issues. You likely don't have any refresh rate below 60 Hz in your GPU display modes list at 1920x1080.
NovHak: Players on a standard desktop monitor on a desktop PC usually don't have issues. You likely don't have any refresh rate below 60 Hz in your GPU display modes list at 1920x1080.
Thank you for the clearing up. Yes, I think the lowest is 59 Hz as some games show it when choosing resolution. Strange enough I see 75 Hz in lower 16:9 resolution too but that is another conversation.
NovHak: Players on a standard desktop monitor on a desktop PC usually don't have issues. You likely don't have any refresh rate below 60 Hz in your GPU display modes list at 1920x1080.
mishabrun: Thank you for the clearing up. Yes, I think the lowest is 59 Hz as some games show it when choosing resolution. Strange enough I see 75 Hz in lower 16:9 resolution too but that is another conversation.
Long ass explanation:

The 59Hz is a result of your monitor's reported refresh rate being 59.999999Hz. Since some games don't know what to do with that number when receiving this info from the GPU driver, they simply cut the number at the decimal point. You can circumvent this by defining a custom resolution and refresh rate in your graphics driver.

The 75Hz results from the driver erroneously reporting the monitors interpolation frequency as a possible refresh rate. Unlike a CRT, the pictures on an LCD stay for as long as it takes until the next image comes from the image display control. There are no dark phases that you could perceive as flickering, unlike with CRTs. To prevent stuttering that is visible in 50 and 60Hz stop-image videos, your monitor interpolates partial images in between those frames at a rate that is just above the "stop-motion" syndrome (CRTs circumvented this through a combination of interlacing and dark phases with the known negative effects). These are the shown 75Hz - your monitor can't actually refresh the entire image fast enough for that frequency to be usable, but it can do partial image updates that amount to something similar as if your monitor had 75 images per second to display in terms of fluidity.
Post edited November 15, 2016 by Mirdarion
The custom resolution trick does work, but it annoyed me to have non-integer scaling albeit very little (does that qualify as ocd haha).

Another solution is to play in windowed mode and just use one of the available window decoration removers to get the game into borderless windowed mode. It then adopts the refresh rate of your desktop while running at the games set resolution.

Was going to post a link to the tool I used buy I can't post links for some reason. Just google "Borderless Gaming Tool"

Good luck!