It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
We have a few smaller changes that we just went live with. The next version (1.0.29) contains the following changes:

* Bugfix: Sometimes button hints would get stuck in xbox mode, even if using the keyboard. This has been fixed.

* Bugfix: Fighting Bram the firstborn could soft-lock the game under certain conditions. This has been fixed.

* The Shade forest quest is slightly reworded to make it less likely to miss the first damage upgrade.

* Several key items (such as main quest items in Poison Pavilion, Necromancer's Den and Brightwind etc.) now show up on the map in the same way as items in general (as a dot).

Enjoy!
cool thanks for the update!
There are still a few issues with this game (running under Linux):
* The game wastes CPU resources, resulting in more power consumption than necessary and causing my desktop to throttle. The game runs fine if I downclock the CPU to 800MHz.
* When playing the game with a controller, the monitor will go to sleep after a while.
* Button hints use the XBox labels, which are wrong for the 8Bitdo controller I am actually using. (I could, of course, blame Microsoft for mis-labeling its buttons in the first place, but this game really should have an option to force Nintendo or Sony button names even if the controller being used is recognized as an XBox controller.)
* It's still quite possible for players to skip the first damage upgrade; the game has you fighting wizzrobe-like enemies that shoot in three directions and do way too much damage while having to solve a puzzle or do tricky platforming at the same time; this is enough to get many players (including me) to think that they're not meant to go there yet.

(Also, I am currently stuck in the Necromancer's Den; there are rooms with a nonfunctional gate and a bunch of candles that I haven't been able to figure out, and looking up the game through a search engine doesn't work; none of the results are about the game. Any advice?)
high rated
dtgreene: There are still a few issues with this game (running under Linux):
* The game wastes CPU resources, resulting in more power consumption than necessary and causing my desktop to throttle. The game runs fine if I downclock the CPU to 800MHz.
* When playing the game with a controller, the monitor will go to sleep after a while.
* Button hints use the XBox labels, which are wrong for the 8Bitdo controller I am actually using. (I could, of course, blame Microsoft for mis-labeling its buttons in the first place, but this game really should have an option to force Nintendo or Sony button names even if the controller being used is recognized as an XBox controller.)
* It's still quite possible for players to skip the first damage upgrade; the game has you fighting wizzrobe-like enemies that shoot in three directions and do way too much damage while having to solve a puzzle or do tricky platforming at the same time; this is enough to get many players (including me) to think that they're not meant to go there yet.

(Also, I am currently stuck in the Necromancer's Den; there are rooms with a nonfunctional gate and a bunch of candles that I haven't been able to figure out, and looking up the game through a search engine doesn't work; none of the results are about the game. Any advice?)
* Regarding the first point - does it make a difference if you enable vsync from the options menu? (some cpu-bound work is per frame, and if you end up with a high framerate, that could potentially be an issue). We actually develop the game 100% on Linux, so I'll see if I can reproduce it here too on our machines.

* Regarding the monitor going to sleep: This is reproducable for me too. I'm looking into it.

* Regarding button hints: Yeah, due to the vast amount of available controllers we're supporting button hints for Xbox, Nintendo Switch and PS controllers, and if we can't auto-identify the controller, we fall back to XBox button hints. I'll give this some thought - I like the idea of being able to force a certain button type. Leaning towards it, but it'll be a bit of work, so I can't promise when that would get done.

-- SPOILER WARNING --

(..can you do spoiler tags in GOG forums..?)
Finally a hint regarding the necromancer's den:
* Keep an eye on the pattern on top of the portals. It'll tell you what to do.
EricLavesson: * Regarding the first point - does it make a difference if you enable vsync from the options menu? (some cpu-bound work is per frame, and if you end up with a high framerate, that could potentially be an issue). We actually develop the game 100% on Linux, so I'll see if I can reproduce it here too on our machines.
Yes, this occurs even with VSync on.

(One interesting observation: If the monitor goes to sleep while VSync is on, the game is effectively paused, except for the audio (which you can't hear until it wakes up, of course).)
EricLavesson: -- SPOILER WARNING --

(..can you do spoiler tags in GOG forums..?)
Finally a hint regarding the necromancer's den:
* Keep an eye on the pattern on top of the portals. It'll tell you what to do.
(There are no spoiler tags on GOG, so if you want to hide spoilers, you need to use something like rot13.)

(spoiler warning still applies)

I did the obvious thing with the hint (lighting the candles corresponding to the pattern), and nothing happened, so I'm still stuck.
Post edited November 09, 2019 by dtgreene
dtgreene: I did the obvious thing with the hint (lighting the candles corresponding to the pattern), and nothing happened, so I'm still stuck.
That's the solution - yeah. Maybe you inverted the pattern and lit the ones that shouldn't be lit? (I've seen this done a few times)
dtgreene: I did the obvious thing with the hint (lighting the candles corresponding to the pattern), and nothing happened, so I'm still stuck.
EricLavesson: That's the solution - yeah. Maybe you inverted the pattern and lit the ones that shouldn't be lit? (I've seen this done a few times)
I managed to take a screenshot where I've lit the candles corresponding to the pattern, but nothing happened. Am I doing it wrong, or have I found an actual bug in the game?
Attachments:
EricLavesson: That's the solution - yeah. Maybe you inverted the pattern and lit the ones that shouldn't be lit? (I've seen this done a few times)
dtgreene: I managed to take a screenshot where I've lit the candles corresponding to the pattern, but nothing happened. Am I doing it wrong, or have I found an actual bug in the game?
That's the wrong solution. There's 9 lanterns in that room. 3 of them (and only 3) should be lit.
Post edited November 09, 2019 by EricLavesson