It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is there a good setting in the ddraw.ini so that I can play it full screen on my 1920x1080 monitor without it stretching the image? If I go with any non native res on full screen mode it won't launch. In windowed mode it will use a non native res, but the camera stutters when it moves around the car. So, I need it to run at full screen without stretching it, but also touch the top and bottom of the screen.

GDI with boxing=true comes close, but sill not there.

Got it right, by using gdi mode and setting the res to 1280x1024 and changing boxing to false.
Post edited September 29, 2012 by Stormy2021x
This patch seemed to mostly work. Only significant downside for me vs the DOS version is that the sound effects cut in and out on the menu screen, and in-game there is occasional "popping" noises that weren't there before.

WinXP Pro 32-bit
Core 2 Duo 2.5ghz
4 gig ram
nvidia 9800M GTS (notebook)
Realtek ALC 883 onboard audio
Post edited September 29, 2012 by ThreeSon
jacobbrett: Working fine for me:
AMD HD 6870

Are there any advantages in using the Windows version over the DOS version? Particularly, I’m interested in multiplayer support and mod support for arbitrary in‐game resolutions (currently, GOG only appears to offer 640×480 upscaled).
Thiev: You can set whatever resolution you want by editing ddraw.ini file.
jacobbrett: I suggest keeping a 4:3 resolution, otherwise the image (including in-game) will stretch (just tested).
So wich 4:3 resolution you will counsel for a 1680x1050 monitor? Thanks!

ALSO I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH SPLAT PACK,

It doesnt work fine, the patch seems to not change anything... even changing the res on its own folder (Splat i mean) draw.ini or even changing the renderer as someone counsel here.
Post edited September 29, 2012 by YaTEdiGo
This patch works great for the most part but splatpack 95 looks like the dos version. I tried to make the ddraw.ini files contain the same settings but that stopped splatpack from working so i had to change it back
Gaffateip: It worked beautiful on carma, but splat pack is very choppy. Changed the resolution in the ddraw.ini file on both but don't looks like it affected splat pack. Any ideas anyone?
Strijkbout: Try changing the renderer to gdi in the ddraw.ini.
Tried it but didn't work, thanks anyway!
jacobbrett: Working fine for me:
AMD HD 6870

Are there any advantages in using the Windows version over the DOS version? Particularly, I’m interested in multiplayer support and mod support for arbitrary in‐game resolutions (currently, GOG only appears to offer 640×480 upscaled).

I suggest keeping a 4:3 resolution, otherwise the image (including in-game) will stretch (just tested).
YaTEdiGo: So wich 4:3 resolution you will counsel for a 1680x1050 monitor? Thanks!

It doesnt work fine, the patch seems to not change anything... even changing the res on its own folder (Splat i mean) draw.ini or even changing the renderer as someone counsel here.
My monitor is also 1680×1050 (16:10) and it happens to support 1400×1050 (4:3) as a resolution, so try that.

I haven’t tried Splat Pack, sorry.
YaTEdiGo: So wich 4:3 resolution you will counsel for a 1680x1050 monitor? Thanks!

jacobbrett: My monitor is also 1680×1050 (16:10) and it happens to support 1400×1050 (4:3) as a resolution, so try that.

I haven’t tried Splat Pack, sorry.
At the end i needed to change res to 1280x960 works fine with Carmageddon, but Splat Pack looks like DOS version, even trying different things. Anyway my actual laptop is more powerful than my big PC, and 3DFX version with nglide works perfect on it, so i suppose i will the game there :)

Thanks!
Post edited September 30, 2012 by YaTEdiGo
YaTEdiGo: At the end i needed to change res to 1280x960 works fine with Carmageddon, but Splat Pack looks like DOS version, even trying different things.
You do know that Splatpack has its own ddraw.ini?
Firek: Also, let us know in case you encounter problems with it, or if it works perfectly for you. :)
I get "Installed version is not compatible with the package" message, even though it installs just fine. That's not really much of an issue.

I also get a "Please insert Carmageddon CD message if I try and change the resolution in ddraw.ini. It doesn't occur otherwise.

I've also got no clue how to get Glide in Win95 mode, but that's probably just me.

Still, thanks for trying, guys.
Navagon: I get "Installed version is not compatible with the package" message, even though it installs just fine. That's not really much of an issue.

I also get a "Please insert Carmageddon CD message if I try and change the resolution in ddraw.ini. It doesn't occur otherwise.

I've also got no clue how to get Glide in Win95 mode, but that's probably just me.

Still, thanks for trying, guys.
Try installing it somewhere different than C:\Program Files, it seems to solve a lot of problems related to the Win95 patch.
Some more feedback:

I've been playing a lot this weekend in two computers. One is a Windows XP 64 bits box and the other one is a Windows 7 64bits. In both computers the experimental patch works out of the box but there are some small problems:

- The motor sounds of all the cars seems to be broken, and more when there are more than one car near.
- There's no way to change the vol. of music and game sounds. In the menu says "use the windows mixer", but I think you can't disable game sounds and let the music play.
- When driving uphill the camera shakes, or maybe the textures shake, it something very small but really strange.
- If you minimize the game while playing in fullscreen, it will hang when restoring the window, this happened to me in both PC configurations.

Please, note that the game is perfectly playable for me. This is just a list of things I've noticed but I don't feel like they are really big problems, they are just feedback.
Strijkbout: Try installing it somewhere different than C:\Program Files, it seems to solve a lot of problems related to the Win95 patch.
It's in D:\Games\ I never install games into Program Files. It boggles the mind as to why that would be used as a default directory for games.
Got the false positive issue fixed and game is working fine in 95 mode :D
YaTEdiGo: At the end i needed to change res to 1280x960 works fine with Carmageddon, but Splat Pack looks like DOS version, even trying different things.
Strijkbout: You do know that Splatpack has its own ddraw.ini?
Yes! and i edit that one of course, it doesnt work.
I just want to chime in and vouch that this should be added at some point to the official download, ppl dont have to use it if they dont want, but its working magnificently for me, along with the resolution change in ddraw (which maybe could be an option, so we dont have to go muching around ini(s).