It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Since carmageddon 1 is on gog do you think carmageddon 3 will be added?

Personally I wouldn't mind playing it
mrking58: Since carmageddon 1 is on gog do you think carmageddon 3 will be added?
Ah, TDR2000. The black sheep of the family. Stainless didn't make it (in fact, they actively deny it's existence) and I doubt they would release it to the public. Not sure if they even have the rights to it.

Wouldn't mind seeing it here though. *runs away*
I hope not.
and as far as I know, it's prety hard to make tdr 2000 work these days, it got a lot fo graphic issues and stuff like that
I didnt like 3 much.
Although there were a couple good maps.

But, I do like having 'collections'.
;)
macacom: and as far as I know, it's prety hard to make tdr 2000 work these days, it got a lot fo graphic issues and stuff like that
It works fine depending on how you set up compatibility mode.Graphical Issues may happen but the biggest problem was if you tried to change your car's skin it would crash.Would also crash when trying a new fan made car most of the times.Yet it would still crash less then running Carmageddon 2 with recent OS's (not sure about the newer mac's or linux distro's though.)
macacom: and as far as I know, it's prety hard to make tdr 2000 work these days, it got a lot fo graphic issues and stuff like that
BoneofMalkav: It works fine depending on how you set up compatibility mode.Graphical Issues may happen but the biggest problem was if you tried to change your car's skin it would crash.Would also crash when trying a new fan made car most of the times.Yet it would still crash less then running Carmageddon 2 with recent OS's (not sure about the newer mac's or linux distro's though.)
Well, I always had problems in the mission races, always crashing, I had to lower graphics to be able to play but, but it only wet until group 5. Than the game would crash every time...
I never had problems running the game.

However it seemed to be designed to focus on the racing side of Carmageddon rather than the action, as I had a much tougher time getting bonus time from vehicular combat and pedestrian massacre.

I don't think I've ever finished a race in the Carmageddon series. I've always taken out the other cars. With 3, I wound up using a time cheat so I could play the game the way I wanted. Once I did, it was fine.
3 certainly is the black sheep but it had grate music at least, though not as good as Carpocalypse Now :D (Man on the edge, Aces high, The trooper)
Actually here in Spain a gaming magazine had a free-on-purchase copy of Carmageddon TDR2000 and it worked just fine on my laptop (Windows 7 with ATI Mobility Radeon 4570 GPU)...if they sold distribution rights to a "local magazine", there's a good chance GoG could get them aswell.

Personally though - get me Carmageddon 2: Carpocalypse Now first.
rhinox: 3 certainly is the black sheep but it had grate music at least, though not as good as Carpocalypse Now :D (Man on the edge, Aces high, The trooper)
I think you're wrong, it's "Be quick or be dead", not "The Trooper". Unless I'm really mistaken, great song anyway : )
mrking58: Since carmageddon 1 is on gog do you think carmageddon 3 will be added?
sndwv: Ah, TDR2000. The black sheep of the family. Stainless didn't make it (in fact, they actively deny it's existence) and I doubt they would release it to the public. Not sure if they even have the rights to it. Wouldn't mind seeing it here though. *runs away*
They do have the rights to it (the confirmed that during the kickstarter... they got the rights to everything Carmageddon) ... but as to whether it would be re-released?

Only time will tell...
rhinox: 3 certainly is the black sheep but it had grate music at least, though not as good as Carpocalypse Now :D (Man on the edge, Aces high, The trooper)
macacom: I think you're wrong, it's "Be quick or be dead", not "The Trooper". Unless I'm really mistaken, great song anyway : )
The Trooper is a different song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADBo0s4CbvM
The thing that made me hate the game was the stupid wide black line running right down the middle of the screen if you were in cockpit mode.
Since I hate 3rd person or "outside of the car mode" my only option was to try and play with that huge dumb black line down the middle, which drove me crazy.
Hello, i have a problem with the carmageddon tdr2000 on my pc, the game works fine foe the first 2 missions but when i try to start the 3rd, it get's to the loading screen and freezez always on (Refuelling Ai "o" Death), i get no errors and when i oppen task manager on the application tab it's "not responding", i can only get out of the game with the "end process tree" command in the process tab.
Can you plz tell me what can i do to fix this issue?

Thx for your time ppl!
Post edited February 16, 2013 by Alex248