It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Bounty combat encounter out of range.

I run into an unsolvable combat encounter with a named bandit that had a bounty on his name.

He showes up at the end of the wave and shoots at the train with a rifle. The issue that I have is that neither my sharpshooter with rifle nor my good gatling gun can reach him. The range indicator shows him on the edge but no shooting / attack line is drawn upon attack command.

Things I tried:
1) Moving all characters to the front of the train to get him to move closer (didn't work)
2) Removing the barricade and driving the train a bit, then stopping to see if he follows (he didn't but kept shooting from off-screen)
3) Sitting down with the sniper in the hopes he gets more range (didn't work)
4) Multiple attempts at this combat encounter (tried it 4 times before I gave up as it always resulted in the same situation)

Love the game and looking forward to more progress. :D

Link with Zip including log, screenshot and save can be found here: [url=]http://www.filedropper.com/bountycombatrange[/url]
Attachments:
Post edited August 20, 2016 by Funreaver
Bill Hickok won't fully heal in hospital

After a bandit encounter I made everyone go to the hospital to get patched up. Bill for some reason left hospital but still has the "Go to Hospital" button over him and can be selected in the hospital via the bed. The cost are 0 and the process can't be started as he is already at full health.

Link with savegame and screenshot can be found here: [url=]http://www.filedropper.com/btbillhospital[/url]
Attachments:
Thank you for reporting about these problems. We already working with the first bug, because it's more critical. Some time later we will fix the second one.
I was travelling between Detroit and Chicago when I was attacked by bandit Miles Cardenas, normally you get the option to stop and fight, run away or pay up the cash. But for some reason I was only given one option - pay up the cash - except that the bandit attitude was at -26 or something like that, and exceeded the permitted criteria to pay up (i.e. it was too negative). So I got *stuck* in the pre-battle menu and couldn't go either back to the campaign map or forward to the battle screen. I had to use task manager to shut down the game and lost my progress. I thought it was just a one off - but it happened again to me on the east coast line later on with a different bandit.

Also when you complete the re-unite the family challenge and get all the votes in - after 'mock Cornelius', there needs to be another prompt action or something to get you to talk to him on the exact day of the vote. I wandered around the map for awhile and spent ages trying to figure out how to vote (I figured I was the only vote missing). It kept saying I had failed to get the votes, even though the scales were in my favour. Eventually I was randomly clicking around in NY on the last day and I figured out you have to click on him twice.

Finally it seems like all the cities can't be unlocked, unless I missed some extra challenges that unlock the southern most cities? or this is DLC or similar?

Really enjoyed the game though!

In terms of balance - it's fairly easy if you just don't take passengers - when I first played the game I thought that the best way to make money would be to maximise passengers and cargo each leg. But the penalties are so high for missing a passenger deadline, it wipes out not only the money they gave you, but your cargo profit too. This seems unrealistic as you are still taking them to their destination. Sometimes you can't avoid missing a deadline if you get attacked by bandits, repairing the train and healing up characters takes time that can't really be avoided if you want to survive any subsequent attacks. So then I stopped carrying passengers all together and suddenly I was having a great time money-wise.

Also I was under the impression that the second half of the game - we would be able to unlock the transcontinental railroad all the way to the west coast? Is that in the mix too?

Thanks for a great game,

banoare

p.s. what about having more than one train too? or having more input into business management and resources? i.e. supply your own businesses with resources for a production cost bonus/discount.
Thank you for your so big post, banoare!
Unfortunately we have bug with that dialog. It appear only at late game and when you have negative attitude of bandits more than -20.There should be option to attack or escape. We are trying to fix this problem now. If it's block your game, you can send us your save file and we will try to help you.

Second bug (with voting) is a new for us. We will try to reproduce and fix it too.

As for locked cities, they are locked just due to Early access condition of our game. These cities will be available at full release. They are just not finished yet.

Regarding game balance, it needs some polishing and changes. So we will improve it. Hope to show improved balance at next update.

As for trains, unfortunately at current game mode you will be able to control only one train. Maybe later at some DLC or Add-ons we will be able to add this. Or at Bounty Train 2 :-)
Thanks for your response, I managed to complete my game by loading a previous saved game and re-directing around the bandits that were causing the problem.

I look forward to seeing the final version of the game. It's great to see some real commitment from game developers to polish the game - I've played much worse so called 'finished' games that were much more buggy than Bounty Train.

You might be amused to know I designed a little map in my notebook to help me plan out routes, back when I was still carrying passengers, so I could tell before I picked them up if their destination was on my route. If anything my US geography has improved somewhat!

Really enjoyed the game, good job!
I have an issue where the UI is not showing up when laoding the quicksave-file. I was in a Union camp and quicksaved, then reloaded that save. The game only loads the background and background figures, but nothing else. Only way to quit is closing the program from windows. The save and logfile can be found here:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105777681/No_UI_in_Union_camp_save_and_log.zip
b1oh4z: I have an issue where the UI is not showing up when laoding the quicksave-file. I was in a Union camp and quicksaved, then reloaded that save. The game only loads the background and background figures, but nothing else. Only way to quit is closing the program from windows. The save and logfile can be found here:

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/105777681/No_UI_in_Union_camp_save_and_log.zip
Thank you, we will check it.
The game crashes whenever I try to enter Louisville and advance time.
Post edited August 03, 2018 by torrone
I confirm the Louisville issue.
Strange issue with the train set's total weight. Weighs 60 but after taking it apart and then putting it together again, in the same combination the weight is 48.
torrone: The game crashes whenever I try to enter Louisville and advance time.
Me too , right now ! (still a problem)