It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello all,, zZaRDoZz was so kind as to gift me Blood 2 so that i could make a widescreen patch for it.
Here is the first version, it removes all stretching and scales everything except menu items and the HUD.

Features:
-The FOV is Hor+ (the larger the aspect ratio, the more is seen) and can also be set manually.
-The menu backgrounds, loadingscreens and splashscreen scale correctly and dont stretch.
-The crosshairs scale with the screen resolution.
-The cutscenes are anamorphic (they zoom in so that the original aspect is kept).

Installation:
1. Put the "WidescreenPatch.rez" and "WidescreenPatchNm.rez" files in the "Custom" folder in the
Blood 2 Installation directory.
2. Run the launcher, click on "Display", choose your resolution and click "OK".
3. Click on "Customize", select either "WidescreenPatch.rez" for Blood 2 or "WidescreenPatchNm.rez
for the Nightmare Levels and "and click on "Add". Whenever you enable and disable the Nightmare Levels
you have to add the right patch and remove the other one.
4. Make sure that "Always load these rez files" is enabled and click "OK".
5. If you want to set the horizontal FOV to another value than the automatically calculated one:
_1. Click on "Advanced".
_2. Write „+FovX "value"„ in the command line field (without the outer quotes).
_3. Make sure that "Always pass these command-line parameters" is checked.
6. Click "OK" and start the game.
Enjoy the game!

You can download it from here

Comparison images can be found here
Post edited June 21, 2014 by wobak
wobak: Hello all,, zZaRDoZz was so kind as to gift me Blood 2 so that i could make a widescreen patch for it.
Here is the first version, it removes all stretching and scales everything except menu items and the HUD.
Neat!

On Step 2: "Write „+FovX "value"„ in the command line field (without the outer quotes)" do we put a number value in the "value" location? so +FovX "90" for a 90° field of view?

I put in +FovX "120" and the view seems to be okay, but for some reason I can't seem to turn much. Turning left or right seems to be restricted to a 30° cone and will snap back to center once I stop trying to point in a direction.
Post edited March 25, 2014 by DustyStyx
first: Yes, exactly like that. However this is only needed if you want a FOV different from the automatically calculated one.
If you dont put in this command line the fov will be calculated so that you see more the wider your screen is.

second: That is weird. Are you sure this happens only when the patch is enabled? I didnt modify anything related to the controls and can turn around 360 degrees in both directions.
will u release the source files for what u changed to make this possible? I'd really like to include it in my mod with your permission. Credit will be given to u.
wobak: first: Yes, exactly like that. However this is only needed if you want a FOV different from the automatically calculated one.
If you dont put in this command line the fov will be calculated so that you see more the wider your screen is.

second: That is weird. Are you sure this happens only when the patch is enabled? I didnt modify anything related to the controls and can turn around 360 degrees in both directions.
It could well just be a Windows 8.1 thing. I didn't notice it on level 1, but that subway level is pretty much a straight shot forward. I will tinker with it a bit more
johncrystal00: will u release the source files for what u changed to make this possible? I'd really like to include it in my mod with your permission. Credit will be given to u.
I am using git for version control and have the repository uploaded on bitbucket. I can give you (and anyone else who asks) access to it if you have an account there.
I don't have an account there. Could u upload it to mediafire or somewhere like that?
Thanks for this, man.
Thanks again!

I just realized that the crosshairs didnt scale with the resolution. I implemented that now and uploaded the updated patch.
Too bad I asked GOG to remove Blood 2 from my library due to technical problems.
And don't worry everyone, I never asked for and never got money for the game. I just wanted it removed and I got what I wanted.
Still no source code for this feature?
@wobak

I've created a bitbucket account, not quite sure how to use it though.

It looks like bitbucket requires an email address to make contacts with members.
Post edited April 08, 2014 by zZaRDoZz
wobak: Hello all,, zZaRDoZz was so kind as to gift me Blood 2 so that i could make a widescreen patch for it.
Thank you! It works like a charm! In my opinion GOG should include this permanently with their Blood 2 release and have the game pre-configured to always use this mod. Would be awesome if you and the GOG guys could work something out. The game actually seems to be more stable for me now - it seems to run perfectly fine at 1920x1080 while it was pretty unstable for me at any resolution higher than 1024x768 (although I still have to enforce Vsync to avoid the time related glitches like cutscenes going too fast or mouse movement being glitchy).
Helps with win8 too btw.

There's a report going around (I heard it from Johnny Crystal) that the orb's alt fire doesn't work correctly with this patch, so another release may be in the offing.
Yeah he said it would about 2 weeks till he has time to fix the problem. When he does I'll add his fix to my mod so that the widescreen patch works perfectly in it as well.