It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Reever: Thanks for the guide! Although after 7 years, it should really be updated (Beregost bug is gone etc.)

Just to make sure I understood correctly: The BG2Fixpack core fixes aren't being done because Tutu has the Baldurdash fixes incorporated, right? Think I saw it written in this thread and elsewhere on the net.

Second thing: When installing mods in the Tutu folder, they don't recognize Baldur's Gate 2 or ToB. I reckon that's norma, since I have to play BG2 separately from its own folder, right?

It's confusing because I installed the BG2 fixpack in the Tutu folder and the "Optional but Cool" Fixes worked.
Everything that had to do with ToB from the Unfinished Business mod didn't work in the Tutu folder though, why everything else did. Installing the mod in the BG2 folder and installing the components was okay. Now I'm wondering if I should install all the components in the BG2 folder and what kind of effect they'll have in the Tutu folder?

Widescreen mod: I guess it's normal for the ingame movies to become smaller the higher the resolution is. Should try out a smaller resolution maybe.
Ergos: You should not install mods in the Tutu folder unless their ReadMe file explicitly states that they are compatible with Tutu. In particular the BG2 Fixpack, including the "Optional but cool" components, is NOT compatible with Tutu.

You should use the " BG1Tutu Fixpack" instead. It can be found at

http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=content&task=blogcategory&id=143&Itemid=98

among the mod links on the right side of the page. It works with both BG1Tutu and EasyTutu.

For other mods, just check the ReadMe to see whether they work with (Easy)TuTu, BG2, both or neither.
Then I must have misunderstood the guide. The Fixpack was probably meant to be installed in the BG2 folder only, I take it? I didn't get any errors in the Tutu folder though? Should I expect errors ingame or should I just uninstall the components?

Thanks for the reply!

Edit: "EasyTutu includes a large number of features, bug fixes and add-ons over and above those included with traditional Tutu and Tutufix."

Is TutuFix even needed then?
Post edited July 26, 2017 by Reever
Reever: Edit: "EasyTutu includes a large number of features, bug fixes and add-ons over and above those included with traditional Tutu and Tutufix."

You can use Tutufix v17 or later (the latest is v19) with EasyTutu.

Some components should not be installed because they are only for traditional Tutu, but those are automatically skipped during installation when EasyTutu is detected.

Reever: I didn't get any errors in the Tutu folder though? Should I expect errors ingame or should I just uninstall the components?
I recommend uninstalling them, even though they mostly should not affect EasyTutu. However, I didn't check the code in detail, so I cannot exclude completely the possibility of them causing problems.
Reever: Edit: "EasyTutu includes a large number of features, bug fixes and add-ons over and above those included with traditional Tutu and Tutufix."

Ergos: You can use Tutufix v17 or later (the latest is v19) with EasyTutu.

Some components should not be installed because they are only for traditional Tutu, but those are automatically skipped during installation when EasyTutu is detected.

Reever: I didn't get any errors in the Tutu folder though? Should I expect errors ingame or should I just uninstall the components?
Ergos: I recommend uninstalling them, even though they mostly should not affect EasyTutu. However, I didn't check the code in detail, so I cannot exclude completely the possibility of them causing problems.
Hmm, okay. Then I'll check what I did again and uninstall them from the folder and come back with TutuFix! Thanks for pointing it out!
This here is a good link for modding order and compatibility with Tutu: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=8122

Relevant for my questions:
I have installed BG1UB and BG2UB, and something is wrong...

BG1UB deals with BG content. BG2UBdeals with BG2 content. Tutu/EasyTutu ONLY has BG content. So, BG2UB will not do anything but mess up your Tutu installation, if you can trick it into installing in the first place.
I have installed all these great mods on my BGII game [or I have an error when installing a Tutu mod on BG2] , but nothing has changed...

What has probably happened is you are using EasyTutu, and you keep following directions that send you to add mods to c:\Black Isle\BGII - SoA. When you installed EasyTutu, it left a clean Baldurs Gate, and a clean BGII - SoA for your gaming enjoyment. Now, all the Easytutu/Tutu mods need to be applied to your new, shiny BaldursGateTutu directory.
If you are using the older Tutu v4, you only have two directories - one for BG and the other for BG2. Adding mods to Baldurs Gate will not have any effect on your Tutu game. You will need to add them to your BG2 game, as it has been converted to use BG content, but is actually a modification added to the BGII - SoA game.
I installed BG2 Tweakpack, and nothing is chaned in my EasyTutu game...

BG2 Fixpack will have no effect on EasyTutu/Tutu v4; EasyTutu has the relevant fixes applied already, and with Tutu v4 you will have better luck moving up to EasyTutu. BG2 Tweaks, though, is designed to be used on the BG2 engine, so it will work beautifully on EasyTutu, Tutu v4, or BG2... provided you have installed it in the right place. Please chack to make sure that you have applied it to your EasyTutu game directory, not your BG2 game directory, if you are using EasyTutu. (If you are using Tutu v4, the BG2 directory is the right place).
Apparently BG2Tweaks was okay to install in the Tutu folder, since it runs with the BG2 Engine.
Reever: Apparently BG2Tweaks was okay to install in the Tutu folder, since it runs with the BG2 Engine.
BG2Tweaks is obsolete. It has been replaced by "The Tweaks Anthology" by the same author(s).

Download link:

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=90
Reever: Apparently BG2Tweaks was okay to install in the Tutu folder, since it runs with the BG2 Engine.
Ergos: BG2Tweaks is obsolete. It has been replaced by "The Tweaks Anthology" by the same author(s).

Download link:

http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showcat=90
Nice! But I'm done with modding for now! I gotta start playing this game already! Which is what I'm going to do right now :D
I'm sorry in advance for NOOBNESS. Does this thread apply only to the original games? The enhanced edition don't modd with these?
Thanks
smuggly: I'm sorry in advance for NOOBNESS. Does this thread apply only to the original games?
Yes.
I have installed the gog versions of the original Baldur's gate 1 and 2. Even installed the widescreen mod but it does not work. Tutu does not run in full screen. Please help.

The configuration does not depict resolutions beyond 1024 x768. I had set the widescreen mod to full hd but to no avail.

If I downscale the resolution to 1024 x 768 it shows black bars at the side, due it being a widescreen monitor.
Is it possible to install Sword Coast Stratgems on BG:EE GoG version?
Hi! I have BG TOS. Is BG1 FixPack included in BG TOS? The most recent version i've found is at Sasha al'Therin site. I've read here, that Baldurdash fixes included in BG TOS, AFAIU, FixPack is presented with additional bugfixes.

Is this FixPack included in Tweaks Anthology? From full readme on G3 github it doesn't seem to be, but who knows.

So the question is that must it need to be installed on BG TOS + Tweaks Anthology to have most bugs fixing available?
deleted, wrong thread
Post edited January 26, 2024 by duder123