It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hickory: The widescreen mod is not part of EasyTuTu, so something is not quite right. What is the verbatim error message you are getting?
Sn4tcH: "You need to install the latest patch (which would be trials of luremaster if you're on heart of winter) and make sure your aren't installing the mod twice (which includes attempting to install it on Easytutu or a cloned install when it is already installed on your main install).

FAILURE:
EXE PATCHING FAILED.
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [bgmain.exe] -> [bgmain.exe] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure ("EXE PATCHING FAILED."))
What!? Trials of the Luremaster and Heart of Winter are Icewind Dale expansions, NOT Baldur's Gate! Are you seriously telling me that you have tried to install TuTu into Icewind Dale?
Post edited February 07, 2014 by Hickory
Sn4tcH: FAILURE:
EXE PATCHING FAILED.
ERROR: [bgmain.exe] -> [bgmain.exe] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure ("EXE PATCHING FAILED."))
Three things could give you that error.
The .exe is already altered. In which case you would have to reinstall everything.
You have it installed in a protected directory. In which case, run setup-widescreen as administrator.
Your antivirus software is stopping the mod from patching the .exe. In which case disable your antivirus software while you install the mod.
Bizarre issue here... win7, bgtutu installed with BG1.
MY quickbar buttons will randomly stop working sometimes, forcing me to open and close a menu to 'reset' it (however that works, I don't know why it works.) Anyone else get this? I've tried uninstalling every other mod I have, and it still has this issue. It's very annoying, especially when trying to manage combats, to not have access to the quickbar randomly.
americanpigdog: Bizarre issue here... win7, bgtutu installed with BG1.
MY quickbar buttons will randomly stop working sometimes, forcing me to open and close a menu to 'reset' it (however that works, I don't know why it works.) Anyone else get this? I've tried uninstalling every other mod I have, and it still has this issue. It's very annoying, especially when trying to manage combats, to not have access to the quickbar randomly.
Do you mean the Function keys (F1 - F12)? If so, what do you have running in Windows that might remap keys?
With stickys like this, what was once a clusterf*ck in my mind is very smooth and simple.

I cannot thank you enough.

So thank you, X the number of times you wish to be thanked. :)

Thumbs up!
Does anybody know if there's a guide how to do these moddings in the GOG Mac version? I'd really like to just change the resolution of BG1 without adding fan-content etc, since it's pretty much unplayable in 640*480 on a 27" Mac...
pflo01: Does anybody know if there's a guide how to do these moddings in the GOG Mac version? I'd really like to just change the resolution of BG1 without adding fan-content etc, since it's pretty much unplayable in 640*480 on a 27" Mac...
According to the readme there is no Mac version of the Widescreen mod. Heck, the PC version is still a buggy open beta.
Hickory: According to the readme there is no Mac version of the Widescreen mod. Heck, the PC version is still a buggy open beta.
The GOG Mac version is the PC version in a Wineskin. Which likely will not help with stability. It's also entirely playable at stock resolution.
After installing the EasyTutu, I get a Black pillar in the left side of the screen when I enter the game. Why is that?
I just bought both BG games and I'm running them on old hardware with a 17 inch CRT monitor. I have a question about this Tutu mod that makes BG1 run using the BG2 engine.

Does this mean that the UI changes, the graphics look better and character animation is just as good in BG2? That's all I want to mod. I don't need to change my resolution or want fan-made content. Fixes are okay but really I would like to do as little modding as possible since I don't understand any of it.

Thanks in advance.
Sorcery: I just bought both BG games and I'm running them on old hardware with a 17 inch CRT monitor. I have a question about this Tutu mod that makes BG1 run using the BG2 engine.

Does this mean that the UI changes, the graphics look better and character animation is just as good in BG2? That's all I want to mod. I don't need to change my resolution or want fan-made content. Fixes are okay but really I would like to do as little modding as possible since I don't understand any of it.

Thanks in advance.
No, it's not just the UI that changes, and 'better' graphics is entirely subjective, as is character animation. I hate the accelerated movement rates in the BG2 engine, for example, while other people prefer it. The TuTu mod *is* fan-made content. You will not be playing BG1, you will be playing BG1++, which means that everything that BG2 has, TuTu has: kits, special powers, inappropriate spells, much more than it sounds like you want. My advice is to go vanilla, live with the older engine, at least until you have experienced BG1 as it should be at least once.
Sorcery: I just bought both BG games and I'm running them on old hardware with a 17 inch CRT monitor. I have a question about this Tutu mod that makes BG1 run using the BG2 engine.

Thanks in advance.
Hickory: No, it's not just the UI that changes, and 'better' graphics is entirely subjective, as is character animation. I hate the accelerated movement rates in the BG2 engine, for example, while other people prefer it. The TuTu mod *is* fan-made content. You will not be playing BG1, you will be playing BG1++, which means that everything that BG2 has, TuTu has: kits, special powers, inappropriate spells, much more than it sounds like you want. My advice is to go vanilla, live with the older engine, at least until you have experienced BG1 as it should be at least once.
I think you're right. I'll just play without mods. I don't mind the UI or anything really. Its a great game. I played Icewind Dale before this so I do miss a few things from that game but its all good.

Thanks.
So I started playing EasyTutu and in the very first forest area where there should be one bear there is 3 bears almost on to of each other. Any suggestions on what is causing this?
treemonkeys: So I started playing EasyTutu and in the very first forest area where there should be one bear there is 3 bears almost on to of each other. Any suggestions on what is causing this?
That's just one of the very many TuTu 'alterations' (most for the worse) in the game. So long as you are playing TuTu you will have to accept the overpowering (on both sides) changes.
It's a matter of taste, some people, including me, prefer the Tutu spawning system, others will not like it.

However, in Tutu the number of spawns depends directly on the difficulty level, i.e. you can decrease or increase it, on some extent, by simply lowering or raising the difficulty level, before travelling to a given area.

For example, you will usually get only 1 bear at the lowest difficulty level and 5 bears at the maximum difficulty level.