It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This line is still wrong.

CD2:=C:\Games\Baulder's GateTutu\data\

But you shouldn't need to make any changes to you .ini

Did you disable your antivirus software while installing BG1, BG2 & the mods?
Laser: Sorry to double post, but I did what you told me to do and the same thing still happens.

It now looks like this:
HD0:=C:\Games\Baulder's GateTutu\
CD1:=C:\Games\Baldur's Gate 2\data\
CD3:=C:\Games\Baldur's Gate 2\data\
CD4:=C:\Games\Baldur's Gate 2\data\
CD5:=C:\Games\Baldur's Gate 2\data\;C:\Games\Baldur's Gate 2\CD5\

But I still get the "insert disk 2" problem. How necessary is the tutorial anyway? Even though I haven't played a Balder's Gate game before.
Hickory: Ok, you have already got the ini entries wrong, so if you would I would like you to copy/paste the entire contents of your baldur.ini file here please.
For real?

Ok...here goes.

[Program Options]
Installing=0
Install Type=3
BitsPerPixel=32
16Bit Textures=0
3D Acceleration=0
GLSetup Driver=-1
Font Name=
Double Byte Character Support=0
Drop Capitals=1
Display Frequency=60
Resolution=1920
Maximum Frame Rate=30
Path Search Nodes=32000
Tooltips=50
Translucent Shadows=1
Sprite Mirror=0
Gamma Correction=0
Brightness Correction=0
Backwards Compatible 3d=0
Volume Movie=100
Volume Music=50
Volume Voices=100
Volume Ambients=100
Volume SFX=100
SoftSrcKeyBltFast=0
SoftBltFast=0
SoftSrcKeyBlt=0
SoftBlt=0
SoftMirrorBlt=0
Strref On=0
First Run=0
[Alias]
[Game Options]
Memory Access=100
Memory Level=1
Use 3d Animations=0
Low End Machine=0
One Time Popup=1
Footsteps=1
Mouse Scroll Speed=36
GUI Feedback Level=5
Locator Feedback Level=3
Bored Timeout=3000
Always Dither=1
Subtitles=0
Keyboard Scroll Speed=36
Command Sounds Frequency=2
Selection Sounds Frequency=3
Effect Text Level=62
Infravision=0
Weather=1
Tutorial State=1
Attack Sounds=1
Auto Pause State=0
Auto Pause Center=1
Difficulty Level=2
Quick Item Mapping=1
Environmental Audio=1
Heal Party on Rest=1
Terrain Hugging=0
HP Over Head=0
Critical Hit Screen Shake=1
Hotkeys On Tooltips=1
Area Effects Density=100
Duplicate Floating Text=1
Tiles Precache Percent=100
Pausing Map=0
Extra Feedback=0
Filter Games=1
All Learn Spell Info=1
Current Loading Hint=38
[Local]
Language=English
Language25=English
[Uninstall]
Uninst_dir=D:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{8DAE4336-2B71-11D4-9A6C-006067325E47}
Uninst_dir_25=D:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information\{B8C3B479-1716-11D5-968A-0050BA84F5F7}
[GameSpy]
Enabled=1
[MOVIES]
BISLOGO=1
BWDRAGON=1
WOTC=1
_INTRO=1
DEATHAND=1
_RARMINN=1
RESTINN=1

olnorton: This line is still wrong.

But you shouldn't need to make any changes to you .ini

Did you disable your antivirus software while installing BG1, BG2 & the mods?
What is wrong with that line?

Thanks for your help, both of you!
Post edited November 22, 2013 by Laser
Laser: What is wrong with that line?
It should be

CD2:=C:\Games\Baldur's Gate 2\data\
Hickory: Ok, you have already got the ini entries wrong, so if you would I would like you to copy/paste the entire contents of your baldur.ini file here please.
Laser: For real?

Ok...here goes.

<...SNIP...>

[Alias]
Yeah, ok here is what's happening. When you are playing TuTu, you are playing BG1 in the BG2 engine, so when you start the tutorial the CD2: entry then becomes wrong -- for the main game it is correct. If you wish to play the tutorial, you will have to change the CD2: entry to match your BG2 installation, because that's the disk it's looking for. So, for playing the tutorial, the above should be:

[Alias]

And for playing the main game, it should be:

[Alias]

It's a one-off change, because you are hardly going to want to keep coming back to the tutorial.
Hickory: snip
Laser: What is wrong with that line?
olnorton: It should be

Thanks both of you. Worked perfectly! +repped :)
It should be mentioned that running BG1 on the BG2 engine also replaces the paperdolls and shield animations with those from BG2. Some people don't like this because the paperdolls from BG2 don't look as nice.

You can fix this however with 1PP. The components you need from 1PP are "Core paperdolls," "Extended palette entries (compatibility install)," "Legacy shields" and "Core updates and item patches." Core paperdolls will restore the BG1 paperdolls, and legacy shields will restore the shield animations to match the paperdolls. (Extended palette and core updates are required.)

Edit: Just realized EasyTutu will also use the BG2 thief animations. To fix that install the "Female dwarves" and "Thieves galore" components from 1PP. (Female dwarves is required by thieves galore.)
Post edited November 27, 2013 by davidkennedy85
davidkennedy85: Core paperdolls will restore the BG1 paperdolls,
No it doesn't.
While 1PP paperdolls are a big improvement over the ugly BG2 ones, they are not the BG1 paperdolls.
davidkennedy85: Core paperdolls will restore the BG1 paperdolls,
olnorton: No it doesn't.
While 1PP paperdolls are a big improvement over the ugly BG2 ones, they are not the BG1 paperdolls.
The core paperdolls component is "A port of BG1's paperdoll images" as worded in the 1PP readme. If they are in fact somehow different please elaborate.
Post edited December 12, 2013 by davidkennedy85
davidkennedy85: The core paperdolls component is "A port of BG1's paperdoll images" as worded in the 1PP readme. If they are in fact somehow different please elaborate.
See Pics

BG1 fighter

1pp v4.1.0 fighter
Attachments:
bg1pd.jpg (182 Kb)
1pppd.jpg (234 Kb)
One fast question, I was going to start BG1 and I installed all this so long ago that I cannot remember something...

It´s supposed that if I finish BG1 on the TUTU I automatically move to BG2? I didnt uninstall the BG2 directory, but I dont have any option to start with BG2 once I started the BG1 on the TUTU right? I only remember I started the game with a character on the TUTU and BG1 and now I cannot see anything about BG2 there...

So I wonder if once finished BG1 I need to export the character to BG2 or TUTU will just continue...
YaTEdiGo: One fast question, I was going to start BG1 and I installed all this so long ago that I cannot remember something...

It´s supposed that if I finish BG1 on the TUTU I automatically move to BG2? I didnt uninstall the BG2 directory, but I dont have any option to start with BG2 once I started the BG1 on the TUTU right? I only remember I started the game with a character on the TUTU and BG1 and now I cannot see anything about BG2 there...

So I wonder if once finished BG1 I need to export the character to BG2 or TUTU will just continue...
TuTu is for BG1 only -- it is exclusively BG1 in the BG2 engine. The mega mod that moves you seamlessly from BG1 to BG2 is Baldur's Gate Trilogy (BGT).
YaTEdiGo: One fast question, I was going to start BG1 and I installed all this so long ago that I cannot remember something...

Hickory: TuTu is for BG1 only -- it is exclusively BG1 in the BG2 engine. The mega mod that moves you seamlessly from BG1 to BG2 is Baldur's Gate Trilogy (BGT).
Ah!! yes! now it makes sense :) thanks!
So is the order of installation still the same from the very first post, because I am certainly having some trouble.

First off, after installing TuTu, I cannot install the widescreen mod. It gives me error telling me that the widescreen mod is part of the current version of TuTu.

However when I start BG1TuTu, the games menu is off center. Which is quite a pain.

So that's I'm wondering, in the case of updates and such, what's the right order to install everything (assuming I'm using the mods mentioned in the first post... which I am)
Sn4tcH: So is the order of installation still the same from the very first post, because I am certainly having some trouble.

First off, after installing TuTu, I cannot install the widescreen mod. It gives me error telling me that the widescreen mod is part of the current version of TuTu.

However when I start BG1TuTu, the games menu is off center. Which is quite a pain.

So that's I'm wondering, in the case of updates and such, what's the right order to install everything (assuming I'm using the mods mentioned in the first post... which I am)
The widescreen mod is not part of EasyTuTu, so something is not quite right. What is the verbatim error message you are getting?
Hickory: The widescreen mod is not part of EasyTuTu, so something is not quite right. What is the verbatim error message you are getting?
"You need to install the latest patch (which would be trials of luremaster if you're on heart of winter) and make sure your aren't installing the mod twice (which includes attempting to install it on Easytutu or a cloned install when it is already installed on your main install).

FAILURE:
EXE PATCHING FAILED.
Stopping installation because of error.
ERROR: [bgmain.exe] -> [bgmain.exe] Patching Failed (COPY) (Failure ("EXE PATCHING FAILED."))
Stopping installation because of error.