It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I didn't even think it was possible... I was rolling a Half-elf Ranger/Cleric, high as the mandatory stats were I saw more 90-whatevers coming up than normal, but damn. I know I've posted something like this before when I rolled a 96 some months back, but come on, this is exciting crap for me. Humor me. lol
Luck has it that I always roll 108 (Ctrl+8 ftw). Seriously I think the nature of stats in AD&D and in BG in particular, combined with the luxury of "infinite" re-rolling, makes legit stat rolling a pointless chore. I just pick some moderate to high stats as a target and lower after the "press a button, something awesum happens".

And the best bit is that I sleep like a baby afterwards. Not a shred of guilt anywhere to be found.

BTW in my last run as a human archer I rolled 99 after only a few clicks. I didn't feel the need to lower that to what I had in mind previously :)
I just use Shadowkeeper to set my starting stats to whatever I feel like (always legal stats, mind). The infinite rerolls just mean that I'm cutting out all the timewasting I'd have to get those stats normally.
Those are a couple ways to do things, and you make valid points, but this was a legit roll. Thanks for pissing on my joy though. lol
Nice! My best is a 91. I think I will go and create a Half-orc Cleric-Thief now. I will not stop until 95 :D

Alright, got a 96 after 2 hours :DD
Post edited March 14, 2013 by szabtom
Best I got was a 96(I think) rolling legit. Took about 15 - 20 minutes of mindless clicking. Next time I will just cheat the stats to their legal maximum and save myself some time and braincells.
To make things easier:

http://mike173.narod.ru/rerolling-abilities/

Though I had to edit some of the values to get it working properly for me (I'm on Linux though). If anyone wants to try that version, it's here: http://pastebin.com/nbvgiKFi

(Both take AutoIt of course)

Either way, 100 is impressive especially without a reroller. I've gotten a few legit 96es before (w/o tools). The max is theoretically 108 IIRC. Not sure if anyone's ever gotten one.
AndyBuzz: Luck has it that I always roll 108 (Ctrl+8 ftw). Seriously I think the nature of stats in AD&D and in BG in particular, combined with the luxury of "infinite" re-rolling, makes legit stat rolling a pointless chore. I just pick some moderate to high stats as a target and lower after the "press a button, something awesum happens".

And the best bit is that I sleep like a baby afterwards. Not a shred of guilt anywhere to be found.

BTW in my last run as a human archer I rolled 99 after only a few clicks. I didn't feel the need to lower that to what I had in mind previously :)
What are you guys even talking about? I love the BG series, but I thought that stats were base 18? How are you getting results around 100? And what's Ctrl+8, anyway?
AndyBuzz: Luck has it that I always roll 108 (Ctrl+8 ftw). Seriously I think the nature of stats in AD&D and in BG in particular, combined with the luxury of "infinite" re-rolling, makes legit stat rolling a pointless chore. I just pick some moderate to high stats as a target and lower after the "press a button, something awesum happens".

QSToT: What are you guys even talking about? I love the BG series, but I thought that stats were base 18? How are you getting results around 100? And what's Ctrl+8, anyway?
18 possible points per attribute, 6 attributes total = 108
ctrl+8 is the keyboard shortcut for BG2 (and hence Tutu) to max out your attributes during character generation. Makes it easier to pick reasonable stats (or heroically overpowered of course) without the tedium of rerolling.