It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

I've noticed that the file AREA1800.BIF installed in the wrapper by GOG mac version of BG1 has a size of 0KB. However, the same file in GOG windows version has a size of ~25MB. I think the file on the mac version is corrputed.

I first noticed this problem while trying to install widescreen mod. It complained about the signature of AREA1800.BIF.

Hope this helps
hamidrj: I've noticed that the file AREA1800.BIF installed in the wrapper by GOG mac version of BG1 has a size of 0KB. However, the same file in GOG windows version has a size of ~25MB. I think the file on the mac version is corrputed.

I first noticed this problem while trying to install widescreen mod. It complained about the signature of AREA1800.BIF.
It should not be zero bytes, that's for certain, but if it's a corrupt installer the forum is not the place to report it. You should contact support; nothing can be done here.
hamidrj: I've noticed that the file AREA1800.BIF installed in the wrapper by GOG mac version of BG1 has a size of 0KB. However, the same file in GOG windows version has a size of ~25MB. I think the file on the mac version is corrputed.
Just downloaded the English Mac version to check and as you noted AREA1800.BIF is 0KB which is wrong. Contact the support to have it fixed.
Fixed in file version 2.0.0.4.