It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ezio93: Hi all,
Ive heard a lot of good things about this series and im planning to buy this game when get resources. Any advice and tip will be helpful.
Lots of combat advice at PlayItHardcore (caution, heavy spoilers)
jsidhu762: You'll need a thief to find traps in dungeons. In both games you get a thief pretty early. There are others too, if want to switch them. There are also traps outdoors as well. The only place outdoors with a high concentration of traps is the spider forest. Aside from that outdoor traps are few and far between.
Trap mechanics can be annoying, for smoother experience one might want to try this mod
Does anyone know of any links for the Fixpack that work? Even the alternate site is down.
Astaldo711: Does anyone know of any links for the Fixpack that work? Even the alternate site is down.
I'm assuming you mean the BG2 fix pack. You can get it on Github.
Yes, thanks. After some searching found them there.
Well, the github files are useless. I downloaded them in zip format. I unzip them (I tried the version 11 fixpack and the anthology) and each of their respective .exe files that I'm supposed to use have a .tp2 extension. I rename them to .exe but I get a message that they don't work with my version of Windows. Is there a reason github can't just have a regular files containing an exe?
Astaldo711: Well, the github files are useless. I downloaded them in zip format. I unzip them (I tried the version 11 fixpack and the anthology) and each of their respective .exe files that I'm supposed to use have a .tp2 extension. I rename them to .exe but I get a message that they don't work with my version of Windows. Is there a reason github can't just have a regular files containing an exe?
The Github files are exactly what they should be. The tp2 file is the install instructions for the weidu installer. You ONLY need the "bg2fixpack" folder from the Github package PLUS a weidu exe. Any other mod you have will be using it. ALL weidu mods use the same file for installing. All you do is copy any installer and rename it to the name of the folder (bg2fixpack) with a 'setup-' prefix, so you would have setup-bg2fixpack.exe. If you don't have any mods installed, so can't copy a weidu installer, just download it here:
[url=http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg]http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg[/url]/
(That's the forum doing funky things with the url)

You just want the "weidu.exe" and nothing else. Paste it into you game folder (NOT the mod folder) and rename it as above.
Post edited December 12, 2018 by Hickory
actually it works
Post edited December 13, 2018 by Devold
Astaldo711: Well, the github files are useless. I downloaded them in zip format. I unzip them (I tried the version 11 fixpack and the anthology) and each of their respective .exe files that I'm supposed to use have a .tp2 extension. I rename them to .exe but I get a message that they don't work with my version of Windows. Is there a reason github can't just have a regular files containing an exe?
Hickory: The Github files are exactly what they should be. The tp2 file is the install instructions for the weidu installer. You ONLY need the "bg2fixpack" folder from the Github package PLUS a weidu exe. Any other mod you have will be using it. ALL weidu mods use the same file for installing. All you do is copy any installer and rename it to the name of the folder (bg2fixpack) with a 'setup-' prefix, so you would have setup-bg2fixpack.exe. If you don't have any mods installed, so can't copy a weidu installer, just download it here:

You just want the "weidu.exe" and nothing else. Paste it into you game folder (NOT the mod folder) and rename it as above.
Thanks mate got it to work! Took me some time, long days at work took its' toll but finally figured it out with your help.
Post edited December 14, 2018 by Astaldo711
Astaldo711: Thanks mate got it to work! Took me some time, long days at work took its' toll but finally figured it out with your help.
https://github.com/Gibberlings3/BG2-Fixpack/releases
This is what you want(ed).
Hello,

I'm trying to install the widescreen mod, but I'm getting an error on that part. It tells me it is an unsupported game. I'm trying to mod BG2, enhanced edition. I'm picking Option 1, because says, "for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!)". Is that the wrong option? Am I missing something here? I was just trying to get a better resolution and restore missing content (as one thing to select? Was told this was possible, new to the game and have no idea what to select here) before I started to play. haha
Post edited December 07, 2019 by Rhyagell
Rhyagell: Hello,

I'm trying to install the widescreen mod, but I'm getting an error on that part. It tells me it is an unsupported game. I'm trying to mod BG2, enhanced edition. I'm picking Option 1, because says, "for the original Infinity Engine (CHOOSE THIS!)". Is that the wrong option? Am I missing something here? I was just trying to get a better resolution and restore missing content (as one thing to select? Was told this was possible, new to the game and have no idea what to select here) before I started to play. haha
Enhanced Edition isn't the 'original Infinity Engine' (that's BG1 classic). The EE should already come with widescreen mode as standard - I've only got the original so I can't check but is there a config file to run so you can select your resolution?
Rhyagell: Hello,

TrollumThinks: Enhanced Edition isn't the 'original Infinity Engine' (that's BG1 classic). The EE should already come with widescreen mode as standard - I've only got the original so I can't check but is there a config file to run so you can select your resolution?
Oh! Okay, that explains a lot. I've never played these games before, bought em but never got to em. I don't know, I didn't see any config file. I just know my best resolution wasn't in the options, so I googled it, which led me to the resolution mod patches. I'll look through the install directory.
TrollumThinks: Enhanced Edition isn't the 'original Infinity Engine' (that's BG1 classic). The EE should already come with widescreen mode as standard - I've only got the original so I can't check but is there a config file to run so you can select your resolution?
Rhyagell: Oh! Okay, that explains a lot. I've never played these games before, bought em but never got to em. I don't know, I didn't see any config file. I just know my best resolution wasn't in the options, so I googled it, which led me to the resolution mod patches. I'll look through the install directory.
Even I did the same.
Hello Guys!

I am in the process of reinstalling original Baldur's gate 1&2 on a new computer...

I did the front page things 6 or 7 years ago. Is it still up to date and ready to go? Are there improved versions now?

Thanks in advance!
Hickory: The Github files are exactly what they should be. The tp2 file is the install instructions for the weidu installer. You ONLY need the "bg2fixpack" folder from the Github package PLUS a weidu exe. Any other mod you have will be using it. ALL weidu mods use the same file for installing. All you do is copy any installer and rename it to the name of the folder (bg2fixpack) with a 'setup-' prefix, so you would have setup-bg2fixpack.exe. If you don't have any mods installed, so can't copy a weidu installer, just download it here:

What's the name of the old mindflayer mod? I think he was for the original non EE Baldur's Gate 2?