It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

olnorton: No.
But a lot of this is not needed with the Enhanced Edition.
What features are you interested in?
AlexanPT: Well, I'm interested in both being one; which is this BGT's primary objective, the unfinished business and BG1 NPCs for BG2. (I still don't have the EE, so I don't know what features it has. :C)
No you can't use BGT with the Enhanced Edition.
AlexanPT: Well, I'm interested in both being one; which is this BGT's primary objective, the unfinished business and BG1 NPCs for BG2. (I still don't have the EE, so I don't know what features it has. :C)
olnorton: No you can't use BGT with the Enhanced Edition.
Aah, quite a shame, well, anyways, thanks for your answer!
I guess I'll stick with this version for a while, then. :)
Hello all. After many years, I have rediscovered the joys of baldur's gate. I downloaded both games of the series from GOG, and made my way through the recommended mods. I have successfully installed all the BGT and the fix pack.

When I attempt to install the unfinished business mods, the set up runs through the entire process copying over the files, then at the end I get a message listing every component of the mod NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERROR. (caps are how it appears in the install process.) I am attaching an image of the end of my install in the hopes that someone on the forum here might tell me what I am doing wrong.

I should note that I have attempted to install both unfinished business for TOTSC and TOB in my BG2 directory as I am intending to delete BG1 once i have trilogy fully set up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attachments:
So after installing windows 8.1, the widescreen mod only shows the game full screen if I have it set to the full resolution of my monitor which is 1920x1080. But It's a laptop screen so i would play it at 1280x720 so that everything wasn't too small. So now if I try to play it at that resolution it is just a small box in the center of the screen. Only 1920x1080 will be full screen. I even tried changing the resolution of the whole system before launching the game and it is the same. Anyone know of a solution?
dillonbarnett98: So after installing windows 8.1, the widescreen mod only shows the game full screen if I have it set to the full resolution of my monitor which is 1920x1080. But It's a laptop screen so i would play it at 1280x720 so that everything wasn't too small. So now if I try to play it at that resolution it is just a small box in the center of the screen. Only 1920x1080 will be full screen. I even tried changing the resolution of the whole system before launching the game and it is the same. Anyone know of a solution?
Windows7?

But seriously, did you try changing the resolution in your video driver control panel or just through the display settings in your computer's control panel (or whatever the equivalent is in Win8)?
dillonbarnett98: So after installing windows 8.1, the widescreen mod only shows the game full screen if I have it set to the full resolution of my monitor which is 1920x1080. But It's a laptop screen so i would play it at 1280x720 so that everything wasn't too small. So now if I try to play it at that resolution it is just a small box in the center of the screen. Only 1920x1080 will be full screen. I even tried changing the resolution of the whole system before launching the game and it is the same. Anyone know of a solution?
Coelocanth: Windows7?

But seriously, did you try changing the resolution in your video driver control panel or just through the display settings in your computer's control panel (or whatever the equivalent is in Win8)?
yes i said that i did that
What is your graphics card?
dajuke: Hello all. After many years, I have rediscovered the joys of baldur's gate. I downloaded both games of the series from GOG, and made my way through the recommended mods. I have successfully installed all the BGT and the fix pack.

When I attempt to install the unfinished business mods, the set up runs through the entire process copying over the files, then at the end I get a message listing every component of the mod NOT INSTALLED DUE TO ERROR. (caps are how it appears in the install process.) I am attaching an image of the end of my install in the hopes that someone on the forum here might tell me what I am doing wrong.

I should note that I have attempted to install both unfinished business for TOTSC and TOB in my BG2 directory as I am intending to delete BG1 once i have trilogy fully set up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Did you ever get your answer? If not what directory do you have BG1&2 installed to? If you have it installed to program files you may have issues. Install the game into C:\games. Also, you need to run the mod from the directory and not from your desktop.

Is it the whole game or just when you are in the inventory? With my laptop the screen is smallish whenever I am not in the normal game view. Normal game view looks great.
You should look at your graphics adapter in windows and see what resolutions are supported. If you can not change your adapter settings to 1280x720 then that setting in the game may not work.
Have you also tried compatability mode for Windows 7?
Post edited October 28, 2013 by jjsimp
Is there a GUI mode for BG 2 that can be used to increase the text size?
auroraparadox: Is there a GUI mode for BG 2 that can be used to increase the text size?
http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/w_gui
auroraparadox: Is there a GUI mode for BG 2 that can be used to increase the text size?
olnorton: http://www.spellholdstudios.net/ie/w_gui
Thanks Olnorton.
I've been having this weird issue. The formations all reset to a line formation, and I can't seem to get them working. Also, when I click the magic button, it does not show the spells I have memorized, making any magic user totally useless.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?
paulodepaiva: I've been having this weird issue. The formations all reset to a line formation, and I can't seem to get them working.
You'll have to explain what you mean by this.

Also, when I click the magic button, it does not show the spells I have memorized, making any magic user totally useless.

Does anyone know what might be causing this?
You have to rest before spells become available, after memorising them.
Player keep stats obtained from BG1 when it begins BG2??
JBerto: Player keep stats obtained from BG1 when it begins BG2??
If you are talking about playing with BGT installed, then yes. Without BGT installed, then no.