It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Feedback is always good; what in particular in BG2FP do you think is not a bug fix?

QuichSavo: As an alternative, you can use the baldurdash fixpack (outdated yes but it does not overreach its bounds)
Baldurdash adds an entire quest--I'm curious how that doesn't overreach the bounds of a fixpack.

As noted in our documentation and forums, we'll happily walk you through removing anything you don't consider a bug fix for your personal game.
pcamagna: Feedback is always good; what in particular in BG2FP do you think is not a bug fix?

QuichSavo: As an alternative, you can use the baldurdash fixpack (outdated yes but it does not overreach its bounds)
pcamagna: Baldurdash adds an entire quest--I'm curious how that doesn't overreach the bounds of a fixpack.
What quest does it add? Is it worth having?
pcamagna: Feedback is always good; what in particular in BG2FP do you think is not a bug fix?

Baldurdash adds an entire quest--I'm curious how that doesn't overreach the bounds of a fixpack.
Lasivern: What quest does it add? Is it worth having?
Not a quest per se, but it's Baldurdash that adds the links between the Guarded Compound, Twisted Rune, and the Roenalls. There's nothing at all to support this--even UB doesn't do anything here.
Lasivern: What quest does it add? Is it worth having?
pcamagna: Not a quest per se, but it's Baldurdash that adds the links between the Guarded Compound, Twisted Rune, and the Roenalls. There's nothing at all to support this--even UB doesn't do anything here.
But wasn't that something that was in the game and dropped, or present but broken? I always thought that the Nalia-Slaver linkage to the Guarded Compound and the Twisted Rune had been partially coded, but not implemented.

It doesn't change anything, as far as I can see, it just makes a couple of otherwise *very* random events somewhat more comprehensible...

Thanks for the reply.
pcamagna: Not a quest per se, but it's Baldurdash that adds the links between the Guarded Compound, Twisted Rune, and the Roenalls. There's nothing at all to support this--even UB doesn't do anything here.
Lasivern: But wasn't that something that was in the game and dropped, or present but broken? I always thought that the Nalia-Slaver linkage to the Guarded Compound and the Twisted Rune had been partially coded, but not implemented.
Nah. We went looking for UB--the *only* thing in the game files is a slight hint in Isaea's documents about slavers in the Temple District (and while the GC is filled with... unfriendly folks, there's no indication that they're necessarily slavers). The extension to the TR is pure conjecture.

One of the chat logs with the BG2 devs indicated that the GC was originally going to be a stand-alone, high-level quest given by someone at the Copper Coronet. The TR was always intended to be standalone thing, described as a bit of an Easter egg.
pcamagna: Nah. We went looking for UB--the *only* thing in the game files is a slight hint in Isaea's documents about slavers in the Temple District (and while the GC is filled with... unfriendly folks, there's no indication that they're necessarily slavers). The extension to the TR is pure conjecture.

One of the chat logs with the BG2 devs indicated that the GC was originally going to be a stand-alone, high-level quest given by someone at the Copper Coronet. The TR was always intended to be standalone thing, described as a bit of an Easter egg.
Groovy - thanks for the info. It's still a creative, tiny "fix" to a somethings which are a bit of a mystery - even if not based on an original designer's idea. To each their own, of course, as to whether or not it is worth having installed. :)
I followed all the steps in the OP. I load up BG2 and get the message

Baldur's Gate
Place Expansion CD in Drive D:\

My copy of BG is off GoG so I don't have a disc obviously. I checked the configuration settings in my BG folder and the discs are set to:

CD1:=E:\Programs\Baldur's Gate\data\
CD2:=E:\Programs\Baldur's Gate\data\
CD3:=E:\Programs\Baldur's Gate\data\
CD4:=E:\Programs\Baldur's Gate\data\
CD5:=E:\Programs\Baldur's Gate\data\
CD6:=E:\Programs\Baldur's Gate\data\

which is correct. Anyone know why it is still asking me to insert the disc to play and how I got about fixing it?
lmealing: I followed all the steps in the OP. I load up BG2 and get the message

Baldur's Gate
Place Expansion CD in Drive D:\

My copy of BG is off GoG so I don't have a disc obviously. I checked the configuration settings in my BG folder and the discs are set to:

CD5:=E:\Programs\Baldur's Gate\data\
CD6:=E:\Programs\Baldur's Gate\data\

which is correct. Anyone know why it is still asking me to insert the disc to play and how I got about fixing it?
The original Baldur's Gate 2 came with only 5 CDs, so the above is actually not correct. The asking for CD is usually only an issue if you play the tutorial, or with some mega mods. Change it to:

[Alias]
HD0:=E:\Programs\Baldur's Gate\
CD5:=E:\Programs\Baldur's Gate\data\;E:\Programs\Baldur's Gate\CD5\
That change didn't do anything.

To be clear, that is the config for Baldur's Gate 1. I am attempting to launch BG1 using BG2, which is when then asks for the disk.

I assume I have WeiDU properly installed because it is attempting to launch BG1. Is it another mod I have installed? Currently I have BG2 Fixpack, BG 1 and 2 UB, Bigger Fonts and Widescreen.

Or is it because I installed BG1 off GoG and BG2 off CDs?

edit: Solved it, was a problem with the BG2 config file, not BG1, recognizes the disc now.
Post edited August 28, 2013 by lmealing
You can't have an "essential" BG2 mods list without 1PP mods.

http://www.shsforums.net/topic/55047-1ppv410-release-download-discussion/
http://www.shsforums.net/topic/50032-1pp-high-quality-music-for-soatob-tututosc-iwd-pst/
hi can I use Ghostdog's mod for bigger fonts so I can combine it with my native resolution (1920x1080)

cheers
My complete list of mod:

I wrote a very extensive post on how to install all the mods but apparently it's too long to edit, bear with me while I find a solution.
Post edited September 18, 2013 by fofa2000
Does this work with the Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate??
AlexanPT: Does this work with the Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate??
No.
But a lot of this is not needed with the Enhanced Edition.
What features are you interested in?
AlexanPT: Does this work with the Enhanced Edition of Baldur's Gate??
olnorton: No.
But a lot of this is not needed with the Enhanced Edition.
What features are you interested in?
Well, I'm interested in both being one; which is this BGT's primary objective, the unfinished business and BG1 NPCs for BG2. (I still don't have the EE, so I don't know what features it has. :C)